The End-Game Solid State Amplifier Master List
May 27, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #16 of 184
I just noticed that the Bryston BHA-1 has a 20-year warranty! Besides imagining how it sounds, this is a major plus. @geek707 any personal impressions?
I haven't heard a BHA-1. I have owned Bryston gear and liked it, so it's on my list.
How about the new iCan Phantom? It appears a good choice, and can drive electrostatic phones.
I admit I'm very interested in what you find, I'm currently considering going the same direction.
Zaehl is out of my price range though...

May 27, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 184
I haven't heard a BHA-1. I have owned Bryston gear and liked it, so it's on my list.
How about the new iCan Phantom? It appears a good choice, and can drive electrostatic phones.
I admit I'm very interested in what you find, I'm currently considering going the same direction.
Zaehl is out of my price range though...
I must admit, I'm also interested in the Phantom, at least from a purely functional perspective. The Wife Acceptance Factor tho is not in its favor...

May 27, 2023 at 9:18 PM Post #18 of 184
Need power for all purposes? :)

Audio-GD Master-9P MK2 :grin:

Should cover all existing and upcoming monsters, I think. ^^
Up to 35W @15ohm or 100W @4ohm on the speaker taps.

Well, not as fancy looking as some amps mentioned above, but a long lasting power house.

May 27, 2023 at 9:20 PM Post #19 of 184
Need power for all purposes? :)

Audio-GD Master-9P MK2 :grin:

Should cover all existing and upcoming monsters, I think. ^^
Up to 35W @15ohm or 100W @4ohm on the speaker taps.

Well, not as fancy looking as some amps mentioned above, but a long lasting power house.
Geez that thing is a monster! Thanks for sharing and I'll put it on the shortlist.

May 27, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #20 of 184
Heard the Cen.Grand Silver Fox at Munich High End. It outputs 20W into 30 ohm and drove the current hungry Stealth beautifully. The emotional impact of this amp is adorable. Something the Bliss could not do. I will probably get a Silver Fox and might even sell the Riviera - trading refinement for emotion. The Zähl is not for me, heard it right after. I’m neither mastering albums nor am I interested in dissecting music.

May 27, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #21 of 184
Heard the Cen.Grand Silver Fox at Munich High End. It outputs 20W into 30 ohm and drove the current hungry Stealth beautifully. The emotional impact of this amp is adorable. Something the Bliss could not do. I will probably get a Silver Fox and might even sell the Riviera - trading refinement for emotion. The Zähl is not for me, heard it right after. I’m neither mastering albums nor am I interested in dissecting music.
Thanks so much for sharing your impressions. I'll have to look into the Silver Fox now. Surprising to hear your opinion on the Zähl! Nothing like hearing for yourself and I hope to audition it soon.

May 28, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #24 of 184
Thanks so much for sharing your impressions. I'll have to look into the Silver Fox now. Surprising to hear your opinion on the Zähl! Nothing like hearing for yourself and I hope to audition it soon.

Yes, I agree nothing is like hearing for ourselves.

With building a system it is about what experience I want when sitting down and listening. For me: getting carried away into the music after a day of thinking, being touched by the emotions the musicians evoke, delving into the meaning of the music, deciphering the inexpressible, following intertwined strands, understanding the artists intent.

May 28, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #30 of 184
list of "totl" solid state amps with retail prices. pretty large range depending on your budget.

Schiit Ragnarok $1500
Headamp GS-X Mini $2000
SPL Phonitor XE $2200
iFi Pro iCAN Signature $2250
Burson Audio Sololist 3X GT $2500
Flux Volot $2550
Headamp GS-X MK2 $3000
Benchmark HPA4 $3000
Ferrum Oor + Hypsos $3200
Holo Audio Bliss KTE $3400
Violectric HPA V550 Pro $3600
Cen.Grand 9i-906 "Silver Fox" $4200