The End-Game Solid State Amplifier Master List
Jan 15, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #151 of 184
Interesting to hear about the HPA/100 SP of which musicalhead wrote a positive review about. What have you used before and which DAC are you looking to replace?
I'm coming from a Musical Fidelity M1HPAP and a Pro-ject Pre Box RS2 Digital, the Pre Box RS2 Digital still used as DAC. Both just meant as interim solutions.
But I heard it in combination with a Chord Dave / MScaler combo which was really impressive and lovely to listen to. And I'm usually not a fan of Chord DACs ...
After listening to various HP amps at even higher price points the Paltauf really catched me. Having "unlimited" power to drive everything on the market, with great details and soundstage, but with a smoothness and musicality that allows hours of listening without any fatiguing. The hybrid concept provides the best of both world. You can hear that Wolfgang Paltauf is a real music lover and engineers his passion into his masterpieces. Engineering by listening, not by computer simulation and measurements.
Upgrading the Paltauf with good NOS tubes will bring it to the next level. So far I can recommend the Siemens CCa & E88CC.

Feb 14, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #152 of 184
Great list... I think it is missing an amp... I own the Corda Soul and a DIY CFA3, so my SS amp duties are pretty well sealed up. Then I picked up a Mjolnir PureBiPolar, his last MK2 version and it deserves its place on this list OP! It Is the better of the two amps between the CFA3 and PB currently. It is quieter, more saturated with an incredible amount weight through the lower mid and mid. The CFA3 is like a looking glass. The PB currently has my opinion as the better of the two amps.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #153 of 184
This is very helpful, thanks. If HPA-23RM makes the list than MassKobo 475 also should, no? It may be a good idea to make a separate portable amp list

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:42 AM Post #154 of 184
This is very helpful, thanks. If HPA-23RM makes the list than MassKobo 475 also should, no? It may be a good idea to make a separate portable amp list
Definitely merits a place. Competes with if not often out performs many desktop SS amps.

///

I would also add the Austrian Audio Full Score One amp to the list. I demoed it some time back and it really impressed me (more so than the Composer headphone, which felt like a more intimate HD800s). Has some of the Mass Kobo presentation, but with a larger staging and more authoritative macro dynamics.

20231228_170049.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #155 of 184
What does FOMO mean?

Feb 26, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #156 of 184
Feb 27, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #158 of 184
The audio-gd master 9P isn't the flagship amp of the brand.

The top of the line headphone amp from audio-gd would be the He9 mk3.

Feb 28, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #159 of 184
Imo, liquid platinum should be removed purely from a logistics standpoint as it is discontinued. While finding units is possible, trying to service any could be difficult? Also probably not endgame as people probably move on to higher tier otc/otl amps from woo audio/cayin. Also topping a90 and fiio k9, my personal experience after hitting this level was to look at the next level of ss amps like ferrum oor. Probably hard to call them endgame.

Feb 29, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #160 of 184
latest edit from @smallcaps and latest activity on July 23, so there unfortunatley won´t probably be any updates in thread starter. Was still helpful and there are only so few pages...

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #161 of 184
Hifiman Prelude should be in that list?
Some Youtube Reviewers seem to like it.

Mar 17, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #162 of 184
Hifiman Prelude should be in that list?
Some Youtube Reviewers seem to like it.
In Asia forums, Goldenwave Prelude is the default Susvara recommendation (price-wise). Though "consensus" is that Bliss > Prelude.

Apr 2, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #164 of 184

Users who are viewing this thread

Back