The earphone game just got a lot more SIRIUS. The new five driver hybrid flagship from Fidue
Jun 9, 2016 at 1:09 AM Post #31 of 631
I don't think QT5, SWiii or any of these botique Chinese customizers are on their radar, they are aiming for ASG 2.5, Canpfire at this price range and others at this level that ask these prices and mind you have been selling at these prices:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fans of the A83 will be some of those future buyers but just takes a little time but once established I can see these doing well provided they bring everything to the table. They sure have a lot of attention right now and for 99% of us it's on looks alone right now:smile:

:beers:

I do agree that they look stunning!

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #32 of 631
Fidue started out as a practically unknown smaller shop too. Quality products and dedicated audio fans have allowed them to bring out a product like the Sirius, and we are all better for it.

It needs to be exemplary to ask for similar pricing as more established brands though, especially with these smaller Chinese brands matching specs at less than half the price.

I'm intrigued though.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #33 of 631
I don't think QT5, SWiii or any of these botique Chinese customizers are on their radar, they are aiming for ASG 2.5, Canpfire at this price range and others at this level that ask these prices and mind you have been selling at these prices:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fans of the A83 will be some of those future buyers but just takes a little time but once established I can see these doing well provided they bring everything to the table. They sure have a lot of attention right now and for 99% of us it's on looks alone right now:smile:

I agree, while the SWIII was great, it doesn't play in the leagues of ASG 2.5, andromeda etc. So if thats the league that this fidue will play at, the others are definitely not on their radar. 

Jun 9, 2016 at 3:05 AM Post #34 of 631
  Dang, Vince and Alex, you've already got them and I'm still waiting. 
mad.gif

biggrin.gif

zollamt?

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #35 of 631

Exactly right! Most people spending big bucks on mainstream flagship IEMs know little to nothing of
chinese boutique offerings like QT5s , SW3, DSQM2s, Rose Puds etc . Then theres those that have concerns around purchasing something China for $100s , or do not wish to provide creditcard info or have the $ to not bother with the bargains! My Fidue A83s were for a long time the best SQ I had and what every other IEM purchased was measured against . At one point I thought a viable upgrade would cost at least double the A83s at around $600USD.. until the QT5s arrived! I think the Sirius looks stunning! Do I want it? Yes! but im not in one of those categories mentioned above..

Jun 9, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #36 of 631
Exactly right! Most people spending big bucks on mainstream flagship IEMs know little to nothing of
chinese boutique offerings like QT5s , SW3, DSQM2s, Rose Puds etc . Then theres those that have concerns around purchasing something China for $100s , or do not wish to provide creditcard info or have the $ to not bother with the bargains! My Fidue A83s were for a long time the best SQ I had and what every other IEM purchased was measured against . At one point I thought a viable upgrade would cost at least double the A83s at around $600USD.. until the QT5s arrived! I think the Sirius looks stunning! Do I want it? Yes! but im not in one of those categories mentioned above..

It would be awesome to have enough disposable income to try whatever audio offerings I wanted. As much as I would love to listen to the Sirius, my best bet is probably gonna be to look for a used set a year or two down the road from now.

Jun 9, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #42 of 631
With QT5 I wonder how they fitted 4BA + Crossover + DD  in there. I think the implementation on the Fidue and Rose might be better.

Id imagine crossover implementation would be better for the Fidue and so it should be for the price , no doubt they sound phenomenal based on experience with the A83 . Love the design of them. Have reservations about the rose being better SQ than whats in my ears right now even with more room for improved crossover implementation. . unless they are using the same high end components .. I see the Sirius is about mixing it with the bigger boys in both performance and price .. am dissapointed their new fagship costs 3 times the previous one! Bet its superb and no doubt a viable step up but am struggling to feel excited , an extra $600+ for maybe higher quality materials , two extra drivers and possibly improved tuning , improved ergonomics and design.. :confused_face_2:
A retail price of $600 would be another story..

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #44 of 631
Id imagine crossover implementation would be better for the Fidue and so it should be for the price , no doubt they sound phenomenal based on experience with the A83 . Love the design of them. Have reservations about the rose being better SQ than whats in my ears right now even with more room for improved crossover implementation. . unless they are using the same high end components .. I see the Sirius is about mixing it with the bigger boys in both performance and price ..but must say am dissapointed their new fagship costs 3 times the previous one! Bet its superb and no doubt a viable step up but am struggling to feel excited , an extra $600+ for two extra drivers and possibly improved tuning and design..
confused_face_2.gif

Well let me see - 2 full years design, all metal shell, 8 core conductors for the cable, two different balanced adaptors, locking mechanism on the MMCX. We also don't know what combo of drivers were used, so there could be considerable expense in them too.

I don't see how anyone can be disappointed in them yet - when we don't even know how their performance is.  Mine should be here tomorrow - I'm looking forward to hearing what Fidue has done with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back