The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #1,699 of 3,155
I use the DX90 day in and day out, I don't have any problems with the UI. I can go to any album, go to a song and play it or play any album or do a shuffle. I have other daps and do the same. I am not sure where the problem is. I read in a previous that the UI is a mess, really? I find the UI easy and fast to use. Great sound so I am not sure where the problem is. 

And now back to Greg Brown, great music. IMO. :^)

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #1,700 of 3,155
I use the DX90 day in and day out, I don't have any problems with the UI. I can go to any album, go to a song and play it or play any album or do a shuffle. I have other daps and do the same. I am not sure where the problem is. I read in a previous that the UI is a mess, really? I find the UI easy and fast to use. Great sound so I am not sure where the problem is. 

X2 the DX90 gui does everything I need from a dap, simple and easy to use

Sep 8, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #1,701 of 3,155

The UI is stable and don't really have any big issue nor mess but not too friendly, what I mean is it can be improve more on the friendly way.

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #1,702 of 3,155
From what I read, there are quite significant sound differences between all the firmwares (2.x, rockbox, alternatives?). Could you shortly describe the sound tonality of the firmwares?

Anybody has/had the rockboxed iRiver H320? Is it worth to upgrade it (Fiio X5 for me wasn't)?

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #1,703 of 3,155

Consider yourself fortunate.  I suspect you use high def files and only have several hundred tracks or less on your DX90 at a time?  Try putting thousands of files on at a time (such as mp3 format) and watch things really slow down.  However, the Lurker FW has really helped in this area...

Sep 8, 2014 at 7:13 AM Post #1,704 of 3,155
I use mostly hidef files but do have one 64GB card filled with about 100 ripped cd's in flac however I exclusively play one cd at a time in original order and navigate in db mode via genre/artist/album. Nothing else and with that use the DX90 works perfectly and always with gapless enabled

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #1,705 of 3,155
IBASSO.

hoping that ibasso would add something into this dap.
a theme perhaps.
its hard to see the lcd at morning when youre into that black background, (you needed to add more brightness to compensate for the lighting)
it would be a very good idea if they can add WHITE THEME for morning and BLACK THEME for night..

just a simple thought.
hoping we can change the background wallpaper of the music too :)
just a little freedom or improvement over the players appearance display.

Sep 13, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #1,706 of 3,155
Hi pinoyman, I believe you can already change wallpapers on the dx90. There is a thread on headfi for wallpapers on the dx50 but they work on the 90 as well. Sorry can't link it cos I'm on mobile can someone find it? Thanks!

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #1,708 of 3,155
  wow!!
that would be great...

please can someone share a link on that?

thanks @mejoshua

Here it is:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/697316/ibasso-dx50-wallpaper-320x240-gallery
Works on both DX50 & DX90 indeed...

Sep 13, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,709 of 3,155
thank you guys 
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #1,710 of 3,155
Hi guys, just wondering if someone can help me out. I currently own a Cowon z2 and am thinking of upgrading to a DX90, but just wondering if anyone has heard both and just confirm if DX90 is an uograde? Also whats the battery life like on DX90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back