The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New Firmware, 2.5.1 . . .
Apr 24, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #527 of 3,155
No clipping with two albums via both directory and database: Adele (16/44) & Alison Kraus (24/88).

And you checked counter at end of song?  Do you have embedded art?  There HAS to be a reason :wink:

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #530 of 3,155
  Transferring files across USB to the micro sdcard is also very slow, can't they speed that up?

The problem is the built-in SDCard reader, it's not the fastest in write speed. You are better off transferring the files to your SD card using another card reader.

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #531 of 3,155
Two of my favorite live recordings are the Talking Heads "Stop Making Sense" and Peter Gabriel's "Secret World" - My DX90's playback of these selections are the epitome of "soundstage" - I hear the audience surround me and the music come from all directions - the producers of these albums had some fun with these recordings and before I didn't really notice (or really pay attention) - the hoops and hollers from the audience come from all directions. When describing an IEM's soundstage, I have heard descriptions ranging from - "I am in the first 10 rows..." or "I am on stage with the band..." With the DX90 I am almost able to look down and see my seat number - lol.

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #532 of 3,155
  sure. will do.  though i highly recomment you file a ticket as well.. you know, the more of us, the more chances they would listen :wink:

i filed a ticket and they did not even reply

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #533 of 3,155
  i filed a ticket and they did not even reply

i got one reply when i asked for their contact number. As per the ticket on the order itself, no I didnt get any answer.  I replied back regarding the sudden preorder thing with reference to the order ticket and didnt get any reply ever since.

This is annoying, even if this ships, I am not ordering from this site anymore. anyone associated with MP4Nation here please speak up.

General Support | 4/23/14 11:24 AM

Hi
You can contact us through our support ticket system. Please let me know what problem you have with your item
Thanks

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #534 of 3,155
  You can do that too.  Just don't come here and tell me the thing is black, tell me it's black up to x/y at z gain.  The GS-X mk2, high gain 20x, full blast, iems... dead quiet.  That's black :wink:

Try playing back a silent track to see if it's not just muting the output when no signal is detected.

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #535 of 3,155
If referring to the GS-X... it's doesn't.  Does the DX90 have relays at the output?  That would be a huge waste of space on a portable in my opinion.

Apr 24, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #536 of 3,155
It does indeed as does the DX50

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #537 of 3,155
  i got one reply when i asked for their contact number. As per the ticket on the order itself, no I didnt get any answer.  I replied back regarding the sudden preorder thing with reference to the order ticket and didnt get any reply ever since.

This is annoying, even if this ships, I am not ordering from this site anymore. anyone associated with MP4Nation here please speak up.

General Support | 4/23/14 11:24 AM

Hi
You can contact us through our support ticket system. Please let me know what problem you have with your item
Thanks

I am thinking about cancelling the order I will file a paypal dispute against them, that is really bad customer service

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #539 of 3,155
I didn't want to speak up before as people seemed happy with ther Mp4Nation orders, but try searching the DX50 thread for "Mp4Nation". There are gobs and gobs of people posting bad experiences. Those who don't cancel their orders get them MONTHS later and there is literally zero communication from Mp4Nation customer "service". 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back