THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 24, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #1,771 of 3,874
Nice HiFiGuy528!
Now all you need is about 6 more for all those cans you have! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 24, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #1,772 of 3,874

[COLOR=DAA520]Sunday morning.  Time for the "Tap Handle of the Week" headphone stand.  Spring is here...[/COLOR]

Hey enoyzzaj, you must be the only Head-fier I know off that has a collection of 'headphone stands' and has only one headphone :wink:

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM Post #1,773 of 3,874
I think its just a matter of changing handles on the same base... :D

enoyzzaj do you work in a tavern supply company? Can we get a deal or a price on some of the bigger headed handles like the Chinook one? Could even be a blank that we could do up ourselves!

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,777 of 3,874
Quote:
Hey enoyzzaj, you must be the only Head-fier I know off that has a collection of 'headphone stands' and has only one headphone :wink:

Multiple headphones, I just like the 598's the best.  
biggrin.gif

However, some tap handles don't fit the 598's very well, and I use other cans on them.

Quote:
I think its just a matter of changing handles on the same base...
biggrin.gif

enoyzzaj do you work in a tavern supply company? Can we get a deal or a price on some of the bigger headed handles like the Chinook one? Could even be a blank that we could do up ourselves!

All tap handles are on their own bases that I made.  So - there is some DIY on these.  Had the buy the bolts to mount them and I spent time cutting, drilling and staining dozens of bases.

I don't work, I'm retired.  I just like beer (a lot) and have been collecting tap handles for years.  Tap handles are like little works of art.  They look good as a collection on bases in the game room.  It occurred to me a few months ago that many of them would make decent headphone stands, and I've already done the work.  So I change them out every week, which allows me to enjoy the collection.

Stay tuned - next week the baseball season opens, and the week after that is The Masters...

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #1,778 of 3,874
Quote:
I don't work, I'm retired.  I just like beer (a lot) and have been collecting tap handles for years.  Tap handles are like little works of art.  They look good as a collection on bases in the game room.  It occurred to me a few months ago that many of them would make decent headphone stands, and I've already done the work.  So I change them out every week, which allows me to enjoy the collection.

Thanks for the info enoyzzaj!

You should treat us with a whole collection picture one of these days, would be good to see!

Mar 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #1,779 of 3,874
Quote:
Those Fischer Audio FA-011 look very nice!

I love them :D great cans. But i went on a shopping spree and have a pair of HE-500's on their way. I'm kind of scared the FA's won't get as much love after I receive the hifimans lol :frowning2: But I definately recommend the FA's if you can get a hold of a pair, used preferably, because they are darned expensive (once shipping is included).

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #1,780 of 3,874

Saw an unused chopping/cutting board and decided to build a headphones rack.  The two poles/sticks were once a floor mop handle and the aluminum plate was once a part of my dad's porch sliding door. About the only thing that is bought from a store there is the cable loop. It is a drawer pull.  The total cost of materials in the making: USD $ 2.50.

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,781 of 3,874
That looks really, really good. And very creative too!

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #1,782 of 3,874
Quote:

Saw an unused chopping/cutting board and decided to build a headphones rack.  The two poles/sticks were once a floor mop handle and the aluminum plate was once a part of my dad's porch sliding door. About the only thing that is bought from a store there is the cable loop. It is a drawer pull.  The total cost of materials in the making: USD $ 2.50.

Nice Job!

Do you have a vinyl cutter for that nice beyerdynamic logo?
If so, what would you charge to cut me a pair of them? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #1,783 of 3,874
Hi there Head-Fi.org

You guys helped to inspire me to create a solution for my collection of head phones to keep them safe from my toddler. I finished up last night and mounted it onto the wall in my battlestation room. I'll be posting the rest of my station later tonight on Reddit :D

Basically, I took a pre-cut piece of poplar (soft and easy to work with) from Home Depot, chopped a few inches off, routed the edges with a round-over bit, painted it with gloss white spraypaint, ordered some Ikea collapsible hangar hooks per a recommendation in this thread some pages back. I'm really happy with the outcome and it looks so clean! I'll get a cleaner picture with my DSLR later, this was taken with my Android. I just noticed its a little of balance, left side is too low, will fix that tonight.

I chose white because the trim in my office is white. Anyway! Here is the picture of the final product. 

Cheers!

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,784 of 3,874
Quote:
Hi there Head-Fi.org

You guys helped to inspire me to create a solution for my collection of head phones to keep them safe from my toddler. I finished up last night and mounted it onto the wall in my battlestation room. I'll be posting the rest of my station later tonight on Reddit :D

Basically, I took a pre-cut piece of poplar (soft and easy to work with) from Home Depot, chopped a few inches off, routed the edges with a round-over bit, painted it with gloss white spraypaint, ordered some Ikea collapsible hangar hooks per a recommendation in this thread some pages back. I'm really happy with the outcome and it looks so clean! I'll get a cleaner picture with my DSLR later, this was taken with my Android. I just noticed its a little of balance, left side is too low, will fix that tonight.

I chose white because the trim in my office is white. Anyway! Here is the picture of the final product. 

Cheers!

Nice headphone hanger! Nicer whiskies. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back