THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Apr 7, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #1,804 of 3,874
Just got my HD598s from amazon.fr (great deals considering the Euro to Aus rate + they'll ship sennheiser to australia, which amazon.com won't do)

Very temporary hanger until I have time to DIY an Ikea stand :p

Can't post images yet, so this link will have to do
http://imageshack.us/a/img820/2567/20130407205510.jpg

(In case your wondering, it's the magnetic section from an worn out iPad smart cover I had lying around)

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #1,805 of 3,874
Landlocked.. that is def a nice stand bro. Haven't seen that design around here yet. 

Here's what I'm using that I found in my own flea market booth..

I constantly see kids walking around with their Beets around their neck.. so this follows the neckphone trend pretty well  :)

I also have this but.. I prefer the above. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #1,808 of 3,874
Little upgrade I made

Looks great, so are the FA-011's going to gather dust now the HiFiMan's have landed... :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #1,809 of 3,874
Landlocked.. that is def a nice stand bro. Haven't seen that design around here yet. 

I constantly see kids walking around with their Beets around their neck.. so this follows the neckphone trend pretty well  :)

I like the neck stand have to find me one of those. :D

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #1,810 of 3,874

Thanks bro, I've been wanting to make something for a while now & finally got around to it. I like your "neck rest" idea. Finding things that can work as a stand is a great idea. From banana hangers to jewelry stands, they're all great innovations & have a hint of Macguyver to them. Well done!

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #1,811 of 3,874
So far they have Lol :frowning2: although they have a very nice and very special signature to them. The what-I-thought-was-refined-bass is actually quite rumbly in comparison,but in a very smooth way.for some bass heavy music I still almost prefer them. Oh and they are lighter :D. My Alessandro ms1000's haven't been touched in a while though :frowning2:
Quote:
Looks great, so are the FA-011's going to gather dust now the HiFiMan's have landed...
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,813 of 3,874
If I were to use metal to make a stand, could I use thick solder to attach the different parts? I think that a nice aluminium stand would look nice, with maybe some glass bits.

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #1,815 of 3,874
I can't use alu anyway as its hard to find panels to use, so that's a no go anyway. I may have to use some sort of acrylic, maybe solid colour for the base, and clear for the arm. I'm hopeless at this sort of thing anyway, I don't even have a saw to cut with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back