THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #1,786 of 3,874
Quote:

Nice headphone hanger! Nicer whiskies. :)

Thanks! - For anyone interested in checking out the complete set please check out my post on Reddit here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlestations/comments/1b3ojx/my_battle_station_opus_1_year_in_the_making_cake/

what is the receiver bound to that dx7 being used in?

I use the DMS2 - 6 Channels - They are a bit pricy on Horizon Hobby so I generally pickup the chinese knockoff ones that are also compatible for 1/2 the price over at Hobby King. I've got the Spektrum one in my Yak54 - 52" 3D acro plane right now. :D

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/dsm2-6-ch-replacement-receiver-for-blade-heli-end-SPMAR6100EB

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #1,787 of 3,874
You guys have been an inspiration to me.  Here's my quick and free dual holder that I have a duplicate of at work with depth for only one phone.  Made from monitor stands, which we have about 25 in the IT storage room, just took off the face plate and found (in the garbage) this red acrylic round container of some kind, drilled two holes, and project complete.  

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #1,788 of 3,874
Quote:
Hey guys, some really creative stuff here! Great job! Here's one I made.
I was particularly inspired by a cardboard design that was posted in this forum a while back :) I spent $0 other than the tools I already had.

Nothing special, I tried to keep it as cheap and minimal as possible. Could have gone for a more elaborate design but I made it simple to complement the headphones, not overpower them.
I added a slot at the front for my iPod Touch, one at the back for anything else (eg. earphones, amp etc), another for the cable. Oh and a crude looking hole for the 6.3mm adaptor lol

Afraid it would fall sideways, I kept it relatively short. But to my surprise it's actually really sturdy so I could have made it taller after all. Oh well maybe next time. I made it specifically for my current equipment, so I'll just make another stand if new ones wont fit.

You can always widen the base with pieces going perpendicular to the current pieces of cardboard.
Wouldn't look as nice though... this looks great!

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,789 of 3,874
Quote:
You guys have been an inspiration to me.  Here's my quick and free dual holder that I have a duplicate of at work with depth for only one phone.  Made from monitor stands, which we have about 25 in the IT storage room, just took off the face plate and found (in the garbage) this red acrylic round container of some kind, drilled two holes, and project complete.  

Seems like this design is much better than the stick on a stick style ones people are stroking out (only because some of the stands look like a penis on a stick.) I'm just going to call this style the cup design. Hopefully the cup design will catch on.

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,790 of 3,874
Thanks Grumus and kalbee!

@Grumus Yeah I'm glad I included the ipod, changes the appearance quite a bit.
@kalbee You're right, and I was wondering about that too.
I also just realised though, it kinda reminds me of a PS2.. I may have subconciously been influenced by it lol. It has a triangular stand, maybe I could do something like that. The slim version has a nice circular base but I don't think it would work with my fat stand haha.

If I do end up making any changes to it I'll post it here :)

@Oregonian Looks nice!

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #1,791 of 3,874
If all else fails, you can always just make the thing thicker (at the expense of looks, once again).
Here's an example of showing that it would indeed by stable enough... and these National Geographic's aren't glued or fastened together in any way!

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #1,792 of 3,874
Quote:
If all else fails, you can always just make the thing thicker (at the expense of looks, once again).
Here's an example of showing that it would indeed by stable enough... and these National Geographic's aren't glued or fastened together in any way!

Who needs an ipod holder and space for an adapter when you have all this reading material. This DIY stand would look great right next to my am radio
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,793 of 3,874
Quote:
Hi there Head-Fi.org

You guys helped to inspire me to create a solution for my collection of head phones to keep them safe from my toddler. I finished up last night and mounted it onto the wall in my battlestation room. I'll be posting the rest of my station later tonight on Reddit :D

Basically, I took a pre-cut piece of poplar (soft and easy to work with) from Home Depot, chopped a few inches off, routed the edges with a round-over bit, painted it with gloss white spraypaint, ordered some Ikea collapsible hangar hooks per a recommendation in this thread some pages back. I'm really happy with the outcome and it looks so clean! I'll get a cleaner picture with my DSLR later, this was taken with my Android. I just noticed its a little of balance, left side is too low, will fix that tonight.

I chose white because the trim in my office is white. Anyway! Here is the picture of the final product. 

Cheers!

bro. I challenge you in AE and UMVC3.
cool.gif

Apr 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #1,796 of 3,874
I'm using a white metal coathook from walmart and it's leaving an indentation on the headband so I went to Home Depot today to possibly get some stuff to build a stand. I realized I don't know What I'm doing when it comes to building **** out of wood. Hietrung totally earns his 50 bucks for his stands. Everyone just buy one from him haha.

Apr 5, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #1,797 of 3,874

Just finished my stand; redwood base with a dark walnut finish and black steel piping. Please excuse the poor lighting/photo.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out so I'll probably build a few more for the rest of my headphones.  

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #1,798 of 3,874
[/IMG]
Here's my stand I made today @ work out of scrap materials. Only thing I paid for were the standoff mounts & a 12 pack of Heineken to my buddy to help flame polish the edges. Gotta say, I'm pretty pleased w/ the end result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back