THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #1,381 of 3,874
Nice one!!

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #1,382 of 3,874
Quote:
Do you notice any weird stretching on the headband of those akg's when they hang like that?
I left mine hanging from the headband like that overnight and it looked pretty oblong the next morning when I removed it from the stand..
Nice solid construction though! I like the two support bar look.

A little bit but after 10 minutes of using the headphones it's gone.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #1,383 of 3,874
I'd love to create a stand so bad.  Unfortunately, my hands have flailed me and I can't use them.  (Something tells me that trying to use power tools with my mouth could end badly.)  Seeing all these creations makes me want a nice stand, not one of the cheap-ass ones off Amazon..

Oct 6, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #1,384 of 3,874

My first attempt at a DIY headphone stand. Could definitely do better but it does the job for the time being. 

Room for a few more.... 
smily_headphones1.gif

PS. Horrible photo, sorry 'bout that. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #1,385 of 3,874
That's one very ambitious stand :wink:

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,387 of 3,874
Quote: Originally Posted by mrAdrian  That's one very ambitious stand :wink: For one very ambitious guy. 

Be good to see that one loaded up with a half a dozen cans! :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,388 of 3,874
offtopic: why'd you two do that for your avatar...

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #1,389 of 3,874
Oct 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #1,391 of 3,874

Not exactly DIY, but I did have to go into bed bath and beyond to buy it years ago; that should be considered enough work just getting the wife out without buying additional junk.  Honestly, I wish I had bought several because I rather like this one and I can't find it anymore.  It was intended to hold papertowels for the massive cost of $9.99 + tax and it is stainless steel.

Oct 14, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #1,393 of 3,874
I wanted to setup a dual holder above my desktop that would rotate to allow easier access to the phones.  I read through all of the posts in this thread and "borrowed" a few ideas!  There is some great looking stuff in this thread and some definitely unique ideas!  Some good humor, too!

I used 3/4" CPVC pipe for the holder and a 3/4" shower door roller as a bearing for it to rotate on.  The way it is setup, the holder hangs from a bolt through the middle of the roller lying flat on its side. The roller actually stays stationary in the wood block and the inner bearing rotates.

I picked up a cheap wood base to attach things to and covered the pipe with insulating foam.  I used 3/4" insulation, but with the larger diameter end caps 1" foam would have worked better.  There is a small 3/8' - 1/2" gap on the bottom of the foam, but it isn't noticeable as installed.  I put an open screw eye in each end of the pipes to hold the headphone connectors.  Total cost of the project was around $14, and I have way more pipe, glue and foam left over than I used for the project!  I've attached a couple photos of the completed installation and a few of the build. 

This is only my second post on Head-Fi and my first attempt at posting (embedding rather than attaching) photos.  If it doesn't work out right, just attribute it to the learning curve of life.

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/RedCreek9977/HolderSetupwithHeadphones_zps7d87f748.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/RedCreek9977/HeadphoneHolderAboveDesktop_zps07a5dbbe.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/RedCreek9977/HeadphoneHolderAssembly_zpsa509296b.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/RedCreek9977/RecessedforBearing_zps0663fcbd.jpg

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q733/RedCreek9977/BearingBoltedtoCap_zps625eeb1f.jpg

Oct 14, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #1,395 of 3,874
Quote:
I wanted to setup a dual holder above my desktop that would rotate to allow easier access to the phones.  I read through all of the posts in this thread and "borrowed" a few ideas!  There is some great looking stuff in this thread and some definitely unique ideas!  Some good humor, too!

I used 3/4" CPVC pipe for the holder and a 3/4" shower door roller as a bearing for it to rotate on.  The way it is setup, the holder hangs from a bolt through the middle of the roller lying flat on its side. The roller actually stays stationary in the wood block and the inner bearing rotates.

I picked up a cheap wood base to attach things to and covered the pipe with insulating foam.  I used 3/4" insulation, but with the larger diameter end caps 1" foam would have worked better.  There is a small 3/8' - 1/2" gap on the bottom of the foam, but it isn't noticeable as installed.  I put an open screw eye in each end of the pipes to hold the headphone connectors.  Total cost of the project was around $14, and I have way more pipe, glue and foam left over than I used for the project!  I've attached a couple photos of the completed installation and a few of the build. 

This is only my second post on Head-Fi and my first attempt at posting (embedding rather than attaching) photos.  If it doesn't work out right, just attribute it to the learning curve of life.

Speaker person? So many dampening is going on in the room!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back