THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Oct 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #1,411 of 3,874
Oct 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #1,413 of 3,874
what do you mean be careful? as in touching the hot components?

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #1,414 of 3,874
Very very very nice! I like it a lot, especially with the little tube amp there.
Quote:
what do you mean be careful? as in touching the hot components?

I would be super careful not to melt my cables by having them touching the tube while resting on the stand.

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #1,415 of 3,874
Quote:

ended up not covering the top since it came out decently nice already. let me know how you what you guys think!

That's very cool, gives me an idea for my work desktop amp....

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #1,416 of 3,874
Quote:
Very very very nice! I like it a lot, especially with the little tube amp there.

I would be super careful not to melt my cables by having them touching the tube while resting on the stand.

haha thanks! and yeah, thats very true, but fortunately, the cables are routed towards the back, and usually when its sitting on the stand, i'll have the tube off, i just had it on for show =P

Quote:

That's very cool, gives me an idea for my work desktop amp....

yeah, the bravo is a nice little amp. a little too warm (sound wise) in my opinion when i first got it, until i modded it and changed up some components. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #1,417 of 3,874
Here's my stand. I haven't DIY anything for more than 10 years, I feel like this stand is not  good. Gonna try to make more stand if I have spare time and materials.

Parts: 
Top - Suzuki RG/RGV motorcycle exhaust pipe cover
Mid - Honda EX5 motorcycle gear shaft
Bottom - low class compressed wood 

P9mHa.jpg

Oj9QD.jpg

skxKC.jpg

2ngDp.jpg

tS4hL.jpg

sW6zY.jpg

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #1,419 of 3,874
Oct 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #1,420 of 3,874
Quote:
Here's my stand. I haven't DIY anything for more than 10 years, I feel like this stand is not  good. Gonna try to make more stand if I have spare time and materials.

Parts: 
Top - Suzuki RG/RGV motorcycle exhaust pipe cover
Mid - Honda EX5 motorcycle gear shaft
Bottom - low class compressed wood 

P9mHa.jpg

Oj9QD.jpg

skxKC.jpg

2ngDp.jpg

tS4hL.jpg

sW6zY.jpg

NICE! headphone stand made of motorcycle parts is genius!

Oct 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #1,421 of 3,874
Quote:

NICE! headphone stand made of motorcycle parts is genius!

Thank! My father was a motorcycle parts reseller but he was out of business for around 7 years. He didn't sell off the spare parts and still keeping it in store. So I just "steal" few parts to make this stand. I don't know how will he response if he see this later, haha...

I was thinking to get something like this as stand base but there is no more stock 
confused_face.gif

AFkmH.jpg

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #1,422 of 3,874
Quote:
Thank! My father was a motorcycle parts reseller but he was out of business for around 7 years. He didn't sell off the spare parts and still keeping it in store. So I just "steal" few parts to make this stand. I don't know how will he response if he see this later, haha...

I was thinking to get something like this as stand base but there is no more stock 
confused_face.gif

AFkmH.jpg

oh man, if you can use that disk brake for a stand.... that'd be so epic. looks sweet.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #1,423 of 3,874
Oct 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #1,425 of 3,874
paju6a9e.jpg
sy5ysa2a.jpg

School was called off due to wind today and while browsing Head-Fi I came across this thread. So I decided to make my own headphone stand.

An hour and a half with a handsaw, sandpaper, a hot glue gun, and some extra wood outta the garage and I ended up with this. I wanna polish it up still so I will post another pic when its all pretty looking. Now I just need some better cans to stick on there :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back