THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 15, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #1,291 of 3,874
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you'd have to pry them from his cold dead hands... ;p
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

My main HP-2i (upgraded) totally! I'm never letting this one go :p, but the others it might be surprising as year go I might change and feel the need to clean some things in my life; you know, as in, get disgusted with myself and my possessions, etc. lol :/, becoming an anti-materialist, after have become vegetarian, and before going naturalist.

Quote:
My contribution to the forum:
AUD$35, a trip to Bunnings and 3 hours of tinkering, bolting, adjusting, refining.

Still not satisfied with the final product, I'm going to change at least the square brackets for something cleaner, smoother and more refined.
The only thing I would definitely keep is the piece the headphones rest on.
But no time for any lathe or metal work any time soon, so it might be a while 'til an update comes along. Still don't know about the hinge thing either.

Nice! I like the all stainless steel transforming design; it's not bad at all! though it's a bit big and complicated and might not fit all the headphones on the planet (but so what, it only needs to fit the headphones you own). Hum those handle you bought reminds me of something :p and will remind TrollDragon of something too, lol

8.5/10 !

Quote:
Damn dude..... Donate a pair? A brotha is in need... I'm too poor to afford new headphones.

Maybe in a few years from now :p when I'll grow more mature and realize that I haven't been using them since a while, that their boxes are only collecting dust and that they could be put to good use by some newer guys, or guys not as indulged as I am.

By then you'll have earned money, HD900, T2, LCD-4, HE-7 and you will not want any of my Grados even if I come myself to shove them in your house with all of my force :wink:

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #1,293 of 3,874
No, I mean what does that mean (lol):
Quote:

It's a new word for me, and even Google couldn't help me figure out its meaning.

Is yakiboy an original headphone stand designer or just a copycat of Sieveking Sound Omega and ROOM`s Audio?

You know people on this forum mod away, not really caring for intellectual property:

They might sell a few as products, but they're not making any real business out of making copies. They'll probably just make some very specific custom orders for friends and such. Paradoxper is going to pay double the price of the Sieveking Omega for his dual design (ouch!). The original Omegas will remain better because they (Sieveking) are more experienced at making them, and they know their own design better than anyone else.

Headphone.com makes Grado (form factor) wooden cups, Symphones makes Grado (similar) drivers, and you can buy a fitting headband from Sony's website and assemble yourself a complete Grado lookalike that will sound amazing for the price. Still most people don't care about these products and will buy a Grado headphone instead. We always like to own the original and the "best" just like how we want to purchase the albums of our favorite artists (instead of *couch*downloading it*cough*).

Aug 15, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,295 of 3,874
Quote:

...after have become vegetarian, and before going naturalist.

...Hum those handle you bought reminds me of something :p and will remind TrollDragon of something too, lol

A Vegetarian... NO NO NO, Now recite after me "Meat Fire Good!", "Meat Fire Good!", rinse and repeat!

That handle is one of the finest Drawer Pull's I've ever wrapped a cable around... 
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #1,296 of 3,874
Quote:

They might sell a few as products, but they're not making any real business out of making copies. They'll probably just make some very specific custom orders for friends and such. Paradoxper is going to pay double the price of the Sieveking Omega for his dual design (ouch!). The original Omegas will remain better because they (Sieveking) are more experienced at making them, and they know their own design better than anyone else.

Sieveking doesn't make a dual Omega and if they did, it'd be double the price. So I think we'll see how good Yaki's quality is. 

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #1,298 of 3,874
Headphone.com makes Grado (form factor) wooden cups, Symphones makes Grado (similar) drivers, and you can buy a fitting headband from Sony's website and assemble yourself a complete Grado lookalike that will sound amazing for the price. Still most people don't care about these products and will buy a Grado headphone instead. We always like to own the original and the "best" just like how we want to purchase the albums of our favorite artists (instead of *couch*downloading it*cough*).

It takes work to make a stand like yakiboy is making. I'm guessing he's using some sort of jig with a steam setup, which takes a fair bit more time and work to figure out than that stand you just posted a bunch of pictures of.

I'm also amazed you just tried to draw a parallel with downloading mp3's.

Aug 16, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #1,299 of 3,874
Greetings Head-Fi. Longtime reader, first time poster. Figured I'd share some pictures of a quick desk stand/hook solution thrown together on a quite hot and boring August summer evening.

Parts list: Wire Hanger, Zip Ties, Charge Multi-tool (Highly Recommended), Bic Lighter, Heat Shrink Tubing (for no real reason - it was there, so I used it), Seiko Watch Pillow, Velcro Cable Ties.
And a small wrist pad made from an old bedsheet and salvaged wrist rest ergo beads.

Rest of the album is here: http://imgur.com/a/wm07a#0

(In the album, somewhat unrelated) Also used some leftover wire hanger to make a mic boom out of more zip ties and one of my old 580 cups. Just made it a lot more convenient to VoIP and keep the good sound going, just slap on the old cup.

Thanks for all the headphone info Head-Fi. Wouldn't be enjoying my music nearly as much without this forum.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #1,300 of 3,874
My bad. but does it's sounds familiar to you?

aylabet! = I Love it.

Sorry for the improper words, anyway nice stand sir.

Oh! Well not until now, sorry. I don't really speak English, I type it all the time, (but) am accustomed to hearing it; and I always block when reading that kind of friendly oral expressions (being too literal myself)... "wub", "lab"

Thank you, even if purchasing and customizing it is all I've done, I like that you recognize that it's nice.

Quote:
A Vegetarian... NO NO NO, Now recite after me "Meat Fire Good!", "Meat Fire Good!", rinse and repeat!

That handle is one of the finest Drawer Pull's I've ever wrapped a cable around... 
biggrin.gif

Oh I didn't realized that! lol true, it has to be this.

Nah I'll probably just continue living my life eating very moderate amounts of meat, and eat a lot of tofu. Meat is healthy, but richer in protein than your body can absorb. And I won't deprive myself of anything, and I like food diversity also, so... don't worry about it :wink:

Quote:
Sieveking doesn't make a dual Omega and if they did, it'd be double the price. So I think we'll see how good Yaki's quality is. 

SORRY, I just read on headphone.com how much they sell the Sieveking Omega for. I thought the Omega were like 65 dollars, and I can't remember why. (*Edit, found out. It's the Chinese on eBay! they did it again!)

Quote:
@devouringone3

Boss, it looks like you have something against me.I just commented on your stand because I love it. what is the deal boss?

Hey Headphone Stand Maker, I hold no thing against you :wink:. I was just afraid of what this missing piece of the puzzle, "aylabet!", might be. When even Google itself can't save you from facing the unknown in the eyes... for me it could have meant anything from "I will kill you" to "High-Five my friend!", that's the deal

But I shall call you Yakiboy from now on

Quote:
Greetings Head-Fi. Longtime reader, first time poster. Figured I'd share some pictures of a quick desk stand/hook solution thrown together on a quite hot and boring August summer evening.

Parts list: Wire Hanger, Zip Ties, Charge Multi-tool (Highly Recommended), Bic Lighter, Heat Shrink Tubing (for no real reason - it was there, so I used it), Seiko Watch Pillow, Velcro Cable Ties.
And a small wrist pad made from an old bedsheet and salvaged wrist rest ergo beads.

Rest of the album is here: http://imgur.com/a/wm07a#0

(In the album, somewhat unrelated) Also used some leftover wire hanger to make a mic boom out of more zip ties and one of my old 580 cups. Just made it a lot more convenient to VoIP and keep the good sound going, just slap on the old cup.

Thanks for all the headphone info Head-Fi. Wouldn't be enjoying my music nearly as much without this forum.

Very practical!

Sorry for your wallet :/

Quote:
It takes work to make a stand like yakiboy is making. I'm guessing he's using some sort of jig with a steam setup, which takes a fair bit more time and work to figure out than that stand you just posted a bunch of pictures of.

I'm also amazed you just tried to draw a parallel with downloading mp3's.

Haven't said the contrary. My parallel Applies. People still go out to buy CDs even though it's so much easier to download them, People still buy Grados even though the Magnums technically superior and overall better sounding, People still buy Sieveking Omegas when a copy can be obtained for eBay and from China

and People want the real deal and the "best" and are willing to pay for it.

I'm not talking negatively about Yakiboy's headphone stands either, I just didn't understand what he meant to say about my own headphone stand.

I just like to show off.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #1,301 of 3,874
Aug 16, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #1,302 of 3,874
Quote:
My bad. but does it's sounds familiar to you?

aylabet! = I Love it.

Sorry for the improper words, anyway nice stand sir.

xp I actually didn't know what aylabet meant too xp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back