THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 10, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #1,262 of 3,874
Quote:

Seriously? For a piece of plywood? That seems a bit excessive just for a stand. You can buy a great headphone for this amount.

I am betting LFF and Sachu are quite happy with the build quality of their stands. Mine is still 
not finished. I like the Omegas stands, but wanted a dual stand, so I got one.

I'll also add the stand itself is $130. Shipping is the other $117. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #1,265 of 3,874
Since devouringone3 hasn't updated his Hieutrung stand here, I'll show you mine!
biggrin.gif

I won one of these stands in his 2012 "Sweepstakes" drawing. Thanks! Hieu!

http://www.hieutrunghandcrafts.com/drawing_free.html

The quality of this stand is just excellent.
All the wood is oak and the cable retainer is stainless steel.
Hand rounded corners, countersunk screws, dowel screws attach the top rail to the uprights, and they in turn are screwed to the base with Torx screws.
Felt feet on the base makes it safe to put on other furniture.

I believe the price he charges is very fair for what's involved in creating and finishing this stand.
This is a very sturdy and stable headphone stand that you would feel safe resting any headphone on.

Here are my HFI-780 Ultrasone's on the new stand!

beerchug.gif

Aug 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #1,266 of 3,874
Quote:
Since devouringone3 hasn't updated his Hieutrung stand here, I'll show you mine!
biggrin.gif

I won one of these stands in his 2012 "Sweepstakes" drawing. Thanks! Hieu!

http://www.hieutrunghandcrafts.com/drawing_free.html

The quality of this stand is just excellent.
All the wood is oak and the cable retainer is stainless steel.
Hand rounded corners, countersunk screws, dowel screws attach the top rail to the uprights, and they in turn are screwed to the base with Torx screws.
Felt feet on the base makes it safe to put on other furniture.

I believe the price he charges is very fair for what's involved in creating and finishing this stand.
This is a very sturdy and stable headphone stand that you would feel safe resting any headphone on.

Here are my HFI-780 Ultrasone's on the new stand!

beerchug.gif

Looks beautiful. That's a really nice looking finish.

Aug 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #1,268 of 3,874
Oh yeah I did receive mine!

Probably even before you Charles (sorry, I hadn't recognized your new avatar, hehe, took me a while to reply/understand what was happening... Anime August, hehe)

*AH, YOU JOINED "that" FORUM FOR THE SAME REASON AS ME, HAHAHA (it was the first place where the stand was "reviewed" by a user)

Let's proceed with my photos then! I mixed the two choices of woods on mine (custom): red oak and red mahogany. Hieutrung was very good with my choice, he made a special (never used) finish that would fit both wood types and match well together the way I picked it (otherwise, he uses different material coats for different woods).

(yeah that thing is BLUNT! incredibly solid in the hand... the hardwoods are nicer than these photographs show them to be)

Very high quality hardware, and again photos don't convey it enough

This headphone stand is just amazing, and lovable. It deserves the mini-review I'm preparing for it ("on every good computer screen next to you and at Head-Fi.org!")

It feels good to the touch, looks the part, and smells so good!

Aug 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #1,269 of 3,874
Quote:
Not really DIY, but I saw this on Amazon and it looks like a good option for the less handy, or those who are on a budget.

I also need to post pics of my stand now that it is finished. It turned out ok considering it was my first time making something with wood as well as staining/finishing it. Overall I'm pleased.

Nice find! I ordered one, planning to spray paint it black to match my desk like my current banana hanger is haha. My banana hanger has a problem comfortably holding two sets of cans which is why I bought this :D.

Aug 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #1,272 of 3,874
Quote:
Here is my finished stand. It's not perfect, but I'm very happy with it, especially since I made it myself
biggrin.gif

You can see the before pics in my current avatar

Nice job hipster2010!

The dowel's a little small in diameter for my liking, but good job.
The functionality and enjoyment of a finished product you made yourself is what it's all about.
Job well done!

People come over and scratch their heads over my copper pipe stand, but every now and again I just look at the stand and say to myself "That's just damn cool!" 
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,273 of 3,874
Quote:
Here is my finished stand. It's not perfect, but I'm very happy with it, especially since I made it myself
biggrin.gif

You can see the before pics in my current avatar

I had noticed it in your avatar, I think it's fantastic really :wink:

Quote:
Love it, the other stands like this to me were boring, but the two tone is gorgeous. Im jealous none of my furniture matches this. 

Luckily my Grado RS-1 matches it pretty well :p

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #1,274 of 3,874
Quote:
Nice job hipster2010!

The dowel's a little small in diameter for my liking, but good job.
The functionality and enjoyment of a finished product you made yourself is what it's all about.
Job well done!

People come over and scratch their heads over my copper pipe stand, but every now and again I just look at the stand and say to myself "That's just damn cool!" 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I had noticed it in your avatar, I think it's fantastic really :wink:

Appreciate it. Just sold my Q701s, so now I just need a second pair of headphones to put on it 
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,275 of 3,874
A grado woodie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back