THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Aug 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #1,247 of 3,874
  • Is she impressed?
  • You would hate yourself when you try to upgrade from the E17/9 to a 'bigger' setup
  • Should have made it so you can fit two headphones instead of one! Would love to see your T70 on the other side of the arm rest!
  • Your the first person I've seen driving the HD800 with an 'entry level' dac/amp combo. A lot of people TALK about how good/bad the Fiio is but never tried it with higher end headphones. How is it treating you?

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #1,248 of 3,874
  1. Is she impressed?
  2. You would hate yourself when you try to upgrade from the E17/9 to a 'bigger' setup
  3. Should have made it so you can fit two headphones instead of one! Would love to see your T70 on the other side of the arm rest!
  4. Your the first person I've seen driving the HD800 with an 'entry level' dac/amp combo. A lot of people TALK about how good/bad the Fiio is but never tried it with higher end headphones. How is it treating you?

1. She would like me to finish work on the bathroom & rest of the house :mad:
2. I'm waiting for the new amp/dac from Sennheiser the HDVD 800 =>> will need to sell a lot of stuff (other hobby) to raise the 1400 EU needed ...
3. My laptop is next to it .... but I have a spare piece of the chair that could do the job

4. Driving the HD 800 .... It can drive the T-70 with a lot of punch : deeper bass and excellent tremble. However driving the HD 800 is more difficult. Classical music & pop don't sound very satisfying with this setup. I also listen to a lot of unplugged and live performances. The 'soundstage' is nice but not impressive. You get the feeling you are missing some instuments and some 'ambient'. I need to turn the volume of the E9 to 50-60% before getting a bit of the full musical experience. It's like driving a big Mercedes Benz with the smallest available engine. It does the job but you are hungry for more power & smoothness.

I hope I have answered your questions :D

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #1,249 of 3,874
bigsmile_face.gif

I particularly understand point 2... 'need to sell A LOT OF STUFF' to justify another upgrade --> right on spot sigh.

Oh and maybe off topic but why not save for a:

[size=medium] Lehmannaudio Black Cube Linear[/size]

I thought Senn used that to showcase the HD800 at the beginning. Or else I've heard people saying tube amps with the HD800, particularly woo audio products...

Back on topic, for further discussions use pm!

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #1,252 of 3,874
Quote:
This stand looks great, it is a perfect fit for me.
Does anyone know where can I get one like this? Cheers

It has four seats but only two of them are usable simultaneously :S

*Okay edit, I just noticed the picture posted under me: I couldn't fit my four (wide headband) Joseph Grado headphones on it at the same time

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #1,253 of 3,874
To Quote: Trooper
[size=medium]One for the money, T[/size][size=medium]wo for the show...[/size][size=medium][/size]
[size=medium]Three for the lady on the radio, [/size][size=medium]Four might be the one, [/size][size=medium]You'll never know![/size]

625kr looks like a good price as well!

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #1,255 of 3,874
Quote:

Do you know where can I order one? Thanks

Looks like this is Buddy's site:

http://edge.mono.net

and the email address there looks like synthesis30@yahoo.com

Fire off some mail and see if there is anyone there... 

Those posts on the Danish website were from 2009...

If there is no answer to the email address then a quick post on the http://www.hifi4all.dk forum should point you in the right direction. His company was Edge Audio Solutions.

Good Luck!
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #1,256 of 3,874
Here is a custom stand (in early form, it's a "dual" OMEGA) being built for me by Yakiboy. Outstanding.

Edit: This is a custom reproduction based of the Sieveking design. It is not  an original OMEGA stand.

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #1,258 of 3,874
Aug 10, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #1,260 of 3,874

Users who are viewing this thread

Back