THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Jul 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #3,721 of 3,874
What better way to learn Fusion 360 by making headphone stands and amp cases! :) :) The first one is (probably) going to be milled.

Impressive how have you found learning fusion 360? I have been planing to give it a try myself but due to pic issues (require a new one) I have yet to give it a try. The aim is to build one of the open builds cnc machines later on this year. From the 360 tutorials I have watched on line I am hoping it's not going to be to hard to get to grips with for some simple projects I have in mind.

Jul 14, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #3,722 of 3,874
IMG_1960.JPG
IMG_1965.JPG
This is a headphone rack
IMG_1985.JPG
I built out of solid copper and quartered oak to accompany a Bottlehead Crack I made, steampunk style. I gave all copper a blue patina and converted some closed headphones into high impedance semi-open headphones as well.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #3,723 of 3,874
Impressive how have you found learning fusion 360? I have been planing to give it a try myself but due to pic issues (require a new one) I have yet to give it a try. The aim is to build one of the open builds cnc machines later on this year. From the 360 tutorials I have watched on line I am hoping it's not going to be to hard to get to grips with for some simple projects I have in mind.

(what are pic issues "require a new one"?)

Fusion is hard for me, coming from maxing out on sketchup (warehouse plugins only take you so much farther)!! I think if I didn't always instinctively do sketchup motions in fusion it would be way easier... Yes, there are some really cool youtube people and seminars around fusion, less so on some other products.
And for CNC- I (highly) recommend the MPCNC project/kit/build from https://www.vicious1.com/. (my order for the printed bits is coming monday :ksc75smile:, super excited!) There are so many amazing headphone-centric things to make....

Jul 14, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #3,725 of 3,874
Thanks...there was some semi-serious work involved.

Jul 30, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #3,727 of 3,874
That is certainly an easy solution and an informative video. I may try something similar with copper rod. It would be easy enough to drill holes and mount such a stand on a wooden base.

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #3,731 of 3,874
Nov 8, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #3,733 of 3,874
I might add that all the hooks can rotate 360 around the center pole I kind of like the multi color a can of spay paint would offer a easy fix

Good to know about the rotation. That's very useful.

True re: the paint.

Nice find ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back