THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD

1. fbarberis
    941101-MLA20283290446_042015-O.jpg
    Chinese back scratchers!
    I also have a non regulable model made with half inch metalic courtain rods.

Oregonian likes this.
  2. Teknowafel
    I am yet to figure out how this is relevant.

3. Walderstorn
    Best looking crack i have ever seen. That is a piece of art.

maximuslt and Teknowafel like this.
  4. Teknowafel
    Agreed.

5. Paladin79
    You are most kind, I made one with carbon fiber for my son, and I am in the middle of a third and fourth build but only one qualifies as a true Crack. This has little to do with headphone stands, sorry for going off topic. IMG_2210.JPG IMG_2243.JPG

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  6. Myoilu
    I've admired this thread for years and it's finally time to compile my headphone stands as I just made two more. So here are some pictures of my DIY stands and how I have them displayed.

I guess I'll start with my mod of the headphone stand by @Suraki I made this a couple years ago to keep the wires of my el-8 from touching the base & threw in a laser-etched nameplate. It has LED edge-lighting:
    HPStand-3.jpg
    HPStand-4.jpg HPStand-5.jpg

My second stand was made out of a paper towel holder I bent at the top:
    HPStand-8.jpg HPStand-9.jpg

The third stand I made was created out of the base of a broken desk lamp, some aluminum tube, copper pipe and the leftover LED's from the first stand:
    HPStand-10.jpg HPStand-11.jpg

And that leaves my latest stand, which I made two of for about $20 total with parts from IKEA and some aluminum tube. I really like the simplicity of these:
    HPStand-6.jpg HPStand-7.jpg

And all of them in my new IKEA display cabinet ($60)
    HPStand-1.jpg
    HPStand-2.jpg

7. Mellowship
    Hey! Great stands (and headphones btw!). Your "paper towel" stand looks so much better than mine's! Did you spray any finish on it?

8. Mellowship
    IMG_20180118_003922.jpg
    been using the old Creative Cambridge Soundworks satellite as a stand since the Grado's headband fits nicely. :beyersmile:

Discman634 likes this.
  9. Myoilu
    Nope, it came with a dipped base I when bought it. IIRC I got it from Target.

Rhino73 likes this.
  10. mandello
    Done today...
    DSC00178.JPG

11. mandello
    DSC00185.JPG

Rhino73 and Slater like this.
  12. rymd
    I can finally contribute something! But I didn't DIY this, my sister did after I balked at throwing down $200 for a Sieveking Omega. It's made with solid ash and traditional woodworking joinery. 100% hand cut, sanded, and oiled. Nice and sturdy, unlike the flimsy Omega knockoffs on Amazon and AliExpress.

qrcreJq.jpg
    sSvMWe6.jpg
    O9Z298N.jpg
    Bwm3cxB.jpg f5rlKL5.jpg
    1aAmxBt.jpg

13. gimmeheadroom
    Fantastic craftsmanship. I love the steampunk style.

14. Paladin79
    IMG_2547.JPG IMG_2544.JPG IMG_2545.JPG IMG_2546.JPG This is a rack I made to match a steampunk crack amp, I just incorporated an edison light bulb and hand crafted a wire protective cage. Eventually I will add a patina to it to match other copper work. it is a little tough to photograph when lit.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Oregonian, Walderstorn and Slater like this.
  15. Walderstorn
    You have an amazing creativity.