THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 10, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #3,483 of 3,874
  ^^^

I don't get this one....the "View All" picture gallery is not good enough?

Cheers

people will post links or embed pictures that are hosted elsewhere, places where they might get deleted.  For example: Go to post #13 and you'll see this:  

It wouldn't be a problem if everyone that posted pictures uploaded directly to head-fi.

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #3,484 of 3,874
people will post links or embed pictures that are hosted elsewhere, places where they might get deleted.  For example: Go to post #13 and you'll see this:  

It wouldn't be a problem if everyone that posted pictures uploaded directly to head-fi.
. Not going to happen; this thread goes back 8 years. WYSIWYG is the rule, and that's ok.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #3,486 of 3,874
Does anyone have any designs or projects they made for 2 or more headphones? I am looking for something somewhat simple to hold both my ATH M50X's and my soon to come SHP9500's. I am looking for something freestanding so I can put it on the same shelf as most of my stereo equipment.

Nov 12, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #3,487 of 3,874
Does anyone have any designs or projects they made for 2 or more headphones? I am looking for something somewhat simple to hold both my ATH M50X's and my soon to come SHP9500's. I am looking for something freestanding so I can put it on the same shelf as most of my stereo equipment.

I made one out of PVC that supports 2. Just a couple of fittings to make a big T, mounted to a board with a dowel and some glue. Simple, but effective.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1110#post_8291902

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #3,489 of 3,874

I made one out of PVC that supports 2. Just a couple of fittings to make a big T, mounted to a board with a dowel and some glue. Simple, but effective.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1110#post_8291902

I think this is the route I am going to take. How exactly did you mount the PVC to the board? Did you cut into the base and then stick the PVC into it? I also like the T piece off the side. I will likely do one of those to hang cables on since I often switch between the two different sized cables on my M50X's.

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #3,490 of 3,874
  Here are a couple doubles I made last year.  I put them up on this thread before but have no idea where they'd be in the 233 pages!  Anyway, I used some fancy joinery with these which made them tougher but one could do a simpler version with screws and nails without much difficulty.

Very nice. I like the attention to detail vs just throwing a bunch of pieces together. I wouldn't mind doing something similar. 

Nov 12, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #3,492 of 3,874
I think this is the route I am going to take. How exactly did you mount the PVC to the board? Did you cut into the base and then stick the PVC into it? I also like the T piece off the side. I will likely do one of those to hang cables on since I often switch between the two different sized cables on my M50X's.

There is a length of dowel that fits inside the pvc that is screwed to the board from underneath, then glued to the pvc.

Got everything at Home Depot. I just grabbed a length of pipe (1", I think, but might be 3/4") and wandered over to the trim section where they have dowels and bought one that fit relatively snugly inside.

The wooden bits on the end are drawer pulls (also from Home Depot) that I glued in.

Not seen: There is a bit of black felt glued to the top, just in case the paint were to flake off onto the headbands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back