THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #3,241 of 3,874

When i first seen this stand i thought it was painted craft wood, nice looking stand and very envious of your can collection :)

not sure what to think about the keyboard tho...

I'm pretty sure you're not envious of my wallet
wink.gif
and hey! The keyboard is great yo, it's an IBM 1987 Model M with buckling springs (I may or may not have put some colored keycaps on it
rolleyes.gif
)! 

Mar 17, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #3,242 of 3,874
As many of you know I have made a lot of headphone stands (nearing 30 by my count). Some have been hits and others misses, but this one I am really proud of. My goal was to make this stand as one makes a piece of furniture. So, no gimmicks, just carpentry. It definitely resolves the dust problem, which represents the Black Plague in our headphone hobby. This version is 90% complete. It is only missing the LED lights, which for myself at least is the cherry on top. Hope you guys like it :)

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #3,243 of 3,874
As many of you know I have made a lot of headphone stands (nearing 30 by my count). Some have been hits and others misses, but this one I am really proud of. My goal was to make this stand as one makes a piece of furniture. So, no gimmicks, just carpentry. It definitely resolves the dust problem, which represents the Black Plague in our headphone hobby. This version is 90% complete. It is only missing the LED lights, which for myself at least is the cherry on top. Hope you guys like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Im gobsmacked! that's very very cool

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #3,244 of 3,874
  I'm pretty sure you're not envious of my wallet
wink.gif
and hey! The keyboard is great yo, it's an IBM 1987 Model M with buckling springs (I may or may not have put some colored keycaps on it
rolleyes.gif
)! 

My son just walked by and i showed him the pic, he goes "wow that's a ibm model M best mechanical kb ever made dad"....  now im envious of your KB too now :D

Mar 18, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #3,245 of 3,874
As many of you know I have made a lot of headphone stands (nearing 30 by my count). Some have been hits and others misses, but this one I am really proud of. My goal was to make this stand as one makes a piece of furniture. So, no gimmicks, just carpentry. It definitely resolves the dust problem, which represents the Black Plague in our headphone hobby. This version is 90% complete. It is only missing the LED lights, which for myself at least is the cherry on top. Hope you guys like it
smily_headphones1.gif

What an amazing job!

Mar 18, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #3,249 of 3,874
Thanks to all for the kind words. It's a little disappointing that there are no options to enclose your headphones. I mean, realistically, if you have an Orpheus or an R10 or an original Stax Omega, products that are no longer viable candidates for service, would you really run the risk of keeping them out in the open, exposed 24/7? Or would you keep them locked up in their boxes and all the tedium that entails. It's silly in a way that these questions even have to be asked, when considering the cost.

Anyway, when I get the chance my next model will probably be a roll top design and serve the same function.

Mar 19, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #3,254 of 3,874
Or.....waterproof, dust-proof, fire-proof, earthquake-proof but not very portable.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=807&q=bubble+wrap+envelope&oq=bubble+wrap+envelope&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5l3j0i24l6.2232.10234.0.10528.20.19.0.1.1.0.268.2880.0j11j4.15.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.62.img..4.16.2873.LzlbcCJ_Pt4#tbm=isch&q=fire+safe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back