THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 25, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #3,257 of 3,874
Dammit I was brilliant! But then I realised I'm stupid haha. I had this great idea to use female mannequin heads. One for each of my five headphones. Make each one unique and sexy in her own way. Put them all next to each other wearing my headphones on a display shelf with my gear. It would look great. I was onto something big.
Then I realised that over time my headphones would lose their clamping force. Oh well time to think of my next not so brilliant idea

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #3,258 of 3,874
Heads are CREEPY...........
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #3,262 of 3,874
I need to build an over head display cabinet with glass doors to fit like 8 pairs of head phones and a bottom drawer for all my iem's. Hopefully I the next couple of weeks my only problem is I usually don't work with wood that much so it could turn out to be  bunch of fire wood. I can work with metal but wood is less forgiving.

Mar 28, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #3,263 of 3,874
  I need to build an over head display cabinet with glass doors to fit like 8 pairs of head phones and a bottom drawer for all my iem's. Hopefully I the next couple of weeks my only problem is I usually don't work with wood that much so it could turn out to be  bunch of fire wood. I can work with metal but wood is less forgiving.

Don't worry wood is very forgiving.  In a pinch it will bend to your will and can always use a hammer if you get really frustrated  
evil_smiley.gif
.  In all seriousness though measure 2 to 5 times, cut once.  Once you cut there is no going back.  

Mar 28, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #3,264 of 3,874
  Don't worry wood is very forgiving.  In a pinch it will bend to your will and can always use a hammer if you get really frustrated  
evil_smiley.gif
.  In all seriousness though measure 2 to 5 times, cut once.  Once you cut there is no going back.  

For me, I always cut lengths slightly longer than necessary, and drill holes slightly smaller than required.

Because it's easier to shorten long things, and expand small holes.

That and the finishing process is also another way to shape/shorten parts.

Apr 2, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #3,265 of 3,874
Easter experiment

Found a piece of drift wood by the beach together with an old rusty wire.
Also had two pieces of glass from an old telephone pole laying in the shed, and the rest was just putting them together

Kind of liked the look (didn't find any drift wood to use for base just now, perhaps I'll replace it after I find some)

Apr 2, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #3,266 of 3,874
  Easter experiment

Also had two pieces of glass from an old telephone pole laying in the shed, and the rest was just putting them together

Kind of liked the look (didn't find any drift wood to use for base just now, perhaps I'll replace it after I find some)

Cool,Are those Isolator?

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #3,267 of 3,874
  Easter experiment

Nice work!

Apr 2, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #3,268 of 3,874
  Easter experiment

Looks awesome.  Absolutely perfect with the look that the audezes have.  Well... The old audezes at least.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back