THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Mar 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM Post #3,227 of 3,874

I dream a lot, so bear with me, I would like to have an all-in-one solution: an standing desk with room for my audio station (Schiit stuff), place for computer and working stuff (pens and booklets) and something to hold my headphones. I have a couple of headphones and iems and would like to have them all within arm´s reach maybe a couple of drawers?That would be something!

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #3,228 of 3,874

I know how dangerous to run wires like that but that is how i hook up a tube if i want to know how it sound in my systems and if i like the sound of that particular tube/s then i build the proper adapter/s.WARNING DON'T DO IT IT'S DANGEROUS specially  ALCOHOL is involved.

Alcohol makes it fun though. Theres one problem all the bottles look full.

In that picture and it didn't last that long to be emptied.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #3,233 of 3,874
Nothing special this time just something simple for the main stereo.

First thought was to leave it clear but decided the frosted look blended better.

Clear

Frosted (using 800wd)

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3,234 of 3,874

First thought was to leave it clear but decided the frosted look blended better.

Clear

Frosted (using 800wd)

I like it better frosted nice stand, did you bead blast it to frost it.

Mar 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #3,235 of 3,874

Ghetto-Fab PVC Stand!

It doesn't get mor DIY than that!

Clear

Frosted (using 800wd)

That looks amazing frosted, I remember trying the same thing in highschool and I never got that nice of a result.

Mar 17, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #3,236 of 3,874
Well, here is my DIY stand: 

and with some headphones on top:

It was 3D printed using PLA filament and filled with lead shot to weigh it down.  Printing time was ~9-10 hours.  This is actually my second design, my first design was an omega shaped design, but it would have taken over 24 hours to print 
frown.gif

EDIT: Made photos smaller.

Mar 17, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #3,237 of 3,874
Dang... I don't know, maybe filament got cheaper, but that would have been a very expensive stand, even with low/no infill.  Filling it with lead is smart.  That's why I don't use a headphone stand - it's easier to just set them down on a desk.  

EDIT: I have to ask about those HD6xx headband pads on the HD800s.  Is your head too small for them or something?  I notice the audeze yolks are at their tiniest setting too.  

Mar 17, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #3,238 of 3,874
Filament isn't that bad, it can be had for ~20-30 USD a roll and lead was ~2.5 USD/lb. 

As for the pads, I just wanted extra cushion on the HD800s and the LCD-2s were set at the smallest just for the picture
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #3,239 of 3,874
Got something very interesting in the pipeline. My big concern lately was dust getting into some of the vintages. I've had to take my HE60 apart in the past for this reason. The SR009, HP1000 and Qualia can also get a little wonky. So for the past 3 months I've been mulling on a stand that sits in an enclosed environment and slides out when needed. Couldn't figure it out until yesterday, when I built the unit. Final version and pics in a couple of days.

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #3,240 of 3,874
  It doesn't get mor DIY than that!

That looks amazing frosted, I remember trying the same thing in highschool and I never got that nice of a result.

Cheers mate tyvm :) good old 800 wet and dry does the trick perfect

Well, here is my DIY stand: 

and with some headphones on top:

It was 3D printed using PLA filament and filled with lead shot to weigh it down.  Printing time was ~9-10 hours.  This is actually my second design, my first design was an omega shaped design, but it would have taken over 24 hours to print 
frown.gif

EDIT: Made photos smaller.

When i first seen this stand i thought it was painted craft wood, nice looking stand and very envious of your can collection :)

not sure what to think about the keyboard tho...

Got something very interesting in the pipeline. My big concern lately was dust getting into some of the vintages. I've had to take my HE60 apart in the past for this reason. The SR009, HP1000 and Qualia can also get a little wonky. So for the past 3 months I've been mulling on a stand that sits in an enclosed environment and slides out when needed. Couldn't figure it out until yesterday, when I built the unit. Final version and pics in a couple of days.

That sounds like  a great idea cant wait to see some pics :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back