THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Oct 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3,035 of 3,874
What do you guys use to hang your headphones? I'm trying to put my headphones on my wall like a display. I only have 3 but i'm about to have 6 so I need to get thinkin quick. heres what I found at wal-mart but all it did was make a hole in my wall and didn't stick.

I've been looking at other stands like a cosmos stand but I have no desk to put it on. so really my wall is my only choice. Any recommendations?

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3,038 of 3,874
What do you guys think is the best finish for unfinished wood between oil and varnish ?? but only in terms of looks, and how well it shows the grain of wood .....

You can use both in a product called Danish oil. I mix my own version by blending Tung oil and varnish together it can either be left as is or waxed and polished or even coated with a clear lacquer.

Oct 6, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #3,039 of 3,874
  What do you guys use to hang your headphones? I'm trying to put my headphones on my wall like a display. I only have 3 but i'm about to have 6 so I need to get thinkin quick. heres what I found at wal-mart but all it did was make a hole in my wall and didn't stick.

I've been looking at other stands like a cosmos stand but I have no desk to put it on. so really my wall is my only choice. Any recommendations?

Amazing, Genjisleeps! I JUST an hour ago got two more of those hooks to go with the other two.  I store my eight (yes, 8!) pairs of Grado headphones on just two of these on the back of my office door, each time I add or remove a headphone taking down the entire "river" of eight Grado-thick cords as a unit.  That will up me to two headphones per garment hook unit, or each with its own hook.  Will work great until I fulfill my dreams of adding a GS1000e and/or PS1000 to the Grado family!

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #3,042 of 3,874
Oh, goody! I just found out that hooks cost $5 each. Expensive to add, so where should I send those headphones? :stuck_out_tongue:

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #3,044 of 3,874
Quick stand I made a while back from some scraps. bottom is plywood with some spruce around the edges to hide the plys, the hook is some random laminated scrap I had. I drilled a couple holes in the plywood and put some dowels in so you can wrap the cable out of the way if you need. it's meant for 1 pair but you can get 2 on it if you need.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #3,045 of 3,874
  Quick stand I made a while back from some scraps. bottom is plywood with some spruce around the edges to hide the plys, the hook is some random laminated scrap I had. I drilled a couple holes in the plywood and put some dowels in so you can wrap the cable out of the way if you need. it's meant for 1 pair but you can get 2 on it if you need.

Pretty crafty stuff built out those scraps. i like the back round too, it looks like "it really whips the lamas ass"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back