THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD
Nov 20, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #2,432 of 3,874

A working prototype for Layanichi.  The final model will be detachable and disassembled into 3 parts for easier shipping and transport.

FRONT

SIDE

BACK

THE HEADPHONE REST

THE PORTABLE RIG DOCK

IEM HOLDER, TOO.

WORKING PROTOTYPE

*** WITH THE STEEL BRACE INSTALLED ***

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2,433 of 3,874
Needed a stand that wasn't damaging the HE-500's like the Woo was, so, I built my own in wood shop today. Not perfect, but it'll do!

Oh nice and yea I am worried about im too

Plus to those of you who don't like our "jerry rigged" headphone stands, keep in mind we are kinda jealous of your time, funds and skills  to build such nice stands! DIY is do it your self, the best I can do, is spend a few hours figureing what house hold items I own can hold me headphones <3

New headphone rest design with a slot for hanging IEMs.

Hey very nice man! I knew a few guys asking about iem stands. VEry cool! 

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #2,434 of 3,874
@sp3llv3xit 

I love the concept. For me, the wire in the middle joining the top and bottom pieces looks 'flimsey." No disrespect intended at all. If you you make a long piece to join the top and bottom halves and give it rigidity I think it would be fantastic!! I'd certainly buy one. 

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #2,435 of 3,874
  @sp3llv3xit 

I love the concept. For me, the wire in the middle joining the top and bottom pieces looks 'flimsey." No disrespect intended at all. If you you make a long piece to join the top and bottom halves and give it rigidity I think it would be fantastic!! I'd certainly buy one. 

None taken.  Thank you for the inputs, MattTCG.  I've actually experimented with various pliable tubes and pipes.  The thicker ones make the whole thing look "joined" and very rigid.  The concept is to create the illusion of a floating headphone.  The triune lines from the thick and wide base move up to and are mellowed and softened by the gracility of a pair of thin yet incredibly strong goosenecks before they terminate in the same 3-points headphone and IEM hanger at the top.  (Everything is supposed to be in group of 3s.)

The two metal rods are very stiff and strong. Do not be misled by their appearance.  The only reason I employed 2 of them is to prevent the left-right swaying of the headphone rest.  Otherwise, one would be more than enough to hold the Hifiman HE500 -- and that's one of the heavier pair of cans in the market today.

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,436 of 3,874

None taken.  Thank you for the inputs, MattTCG.  I've actually experimented with various pliable tubes and pipes.  The thicker ones make the whole thing look "joined" and very rigid.  The concept is to create the illusion of a floating headphone.  The triune lines from the thick and wide base move up to and are mellowed and softened by the gracility of a pair of thin yet incredibly strong goosenecks before they terminate in the same 3-points headphone and IEM hanger at the top.  (Everything is supposed to be in group of 3s.)

The two metal rods are very stiff and strong. Do not be misled by their appearance.  The only reason I employed 2 of them is to prevent the left-right swaying of the headphone rest.  Otherwise, one would be more than enough to hold the Hifiman HE500 -- and that's one of the heavier pair of cans in the market today.

The design get's better and better looking nice :D 

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #2,437 of 3,874

Amazing.  Simply amazing.  You got talent.  Should be doing something in the creative field for work? 

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #2,438 of 3,874

Amazing.  Simply amazing.  You got talent.  Should be doing something in the creative field for work? 

+1 to that for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back