The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Feb 8, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,036 of 15,119
Quote:

Also, I am not a raving Maoist / anti-Taiwan agitator. I just happen to like the icredible bold and didactic design of propaganda posters. I actually cannot read the inscription since I (shamefully I suppose) cannot read Chinese - I only know it is a message about a united front against Taiwan, so if anyone can give me a direct translation that would be cool :3

haha... though technically I'm not Taiwanese, no offense taken! My Traditional Chinese is not great, let alone Simplified, so I don't know exactly what it says, but it's something along the lines of joining forces and liberating Taiwan from the Nationalist dogs!

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #1,039 of 15,119

Quote:
Speaking of libration from the mainland, my cIEMs apparently arrived in Incheon four or five hours ago. Too bad I don't live in Seoul.

By the time you get your CIEM's they'll be more well traveled then you haha

Ob a totally unrelated note, anyone here know who makes these? They look so cool

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #1,041 of 15,119

Quote:
tee hee hee page 69

Hey MuppetFace, did you hear Zomby stole Natalia's Song from another producer?

Was it even you who listens to Zomby as well?

Yeah that was me. I don't keep up with industry news anymore though, so I hadn't heard.

Quote:

I like your desktop wallpaper. Shinji looks appropriately reticent about the whole thing.

Quote:
When did Lenin ever wear goggles like that?

The goggles. They do nothing.

Quote:
i am nearing 30 and i think i still a little girl sometimes. i think grow up is a good thing,i can do what i really want to do course i am an independent girl and rely on myself what made me happy.
i recently learning shuffle with my friend, wonderful.

This post made me happy. Looking at your previous posts, I must say, you're now one of my favorite head-fiers.

Quote:
just curious what actually happened to kiteki? why isnt she creating a new account?

He was actually banned.

No one knows for how long or if he's even coming back (not even he does). Well, except for the mods. They don't like bans being discussed though, so we don't talk about it anymore.

Creating a new account is also against the rules, so we shouldn't talk about that either.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #1,044 of 15,119

Quote:
You might like these guys of mine too :3

Very cute, I've always been a big fan of funky looking gear. The funkiest I ever saw was the dude who hand crafted his own steam punk iPod case.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #1,047 of 15,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalFreak /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very cute, I've always been a big fan of funky looking gear. The funkiest I ever saw was the dude who hand crafted his own steam punk iPod case.

Yow. That encapsulates everything that fascinates and irritates me about steampunk: At its best, a visually interesting interpretation of an anachronistic, ahistorical thing. At its worst, design played a little too much for laughs, a little too little understanding of why Victorian era stuff looked the way it did, and craftsmanship that doesn't go far enough.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #1,048 of 15,119
Ah, the jeans of headphones. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #1,050 of 15,119

Quote:
@ DF: Wow. Reminds me of ColorFly. Only a much nicer build. It would go nicely with the Senneheiser Charleston:

@RGD: I can see her point.

Agreed the Charleston is a beautiful looking headphone. Another nice vintage headphone that would work would be the Pioneer SE L40. Very gorgeous looking headphone in my opinion

Quote:
Quote:

Yow. That encapsulates everything that fascinates and irritates me about steampunk: At its best, a visually interesting interpretation of an anachronistic, ahistorical thing. At its worst, design played a little too much for laughs, a little too little understanding of why Victorian era stuff looked the way it did, and craftsmanship that doesn't go far enough.

I've always had a love hate relationship with steampunk stuff. The clothing and art deco stuff most of the time never really turned my crank. for whatever reason though take modern gear and steampunk it and most of the time it turns my crank. Rather weird when you stop and think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back