The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Feb 9, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #1,067 of 15,119

Quote:
Ahh why not muppet. Figured you could be the Guinea pig on this one... :p

Bad boy, Bad Boy
deadhorse.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,070 of 15,119

Quote:
I can put up with a lot of shortcomings in a DAP, but no screen and only .WAV support are deal breakers.

I'm just joking Muppet. I could barely live with the Sflo2s dumb UI but ultimately it was constant defects that did it in. Now only having WAV support is a big no no for me as well. Not very efficient on space and flac already is quite inefficient itself. Plus the lack of user controls and visual controls. I'm not the blind version of Mrs. Cleo here :).

Feb 9, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #1,072 of 15,119

Quote:
It seems when certain importers claim something "ships in 1 to 3 days," it generally means nothing. I'm looking at you AudioCubes and AccessoryJack.

Welcome to the club, "3 to 5" and shipped after  2 weeks.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #1,075 of 15,119
Quote:
For some reason the earcups remind me a bit of the F1:

They've got that circular suspension look, though the difference is still larger than the similarity.

Ha, that's the only full-sized headphone I own.

Quote:
I can put up with a lot of shortcomings in a DAP, but no screen and only .WAV support are deal breakers.

That, plus it's maker thinks that (modded) Koss Porta-Pros are the best headphones ever.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #1,076 of 15,119
Feb 9, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #1,077 of 15,119

Quote:
That, plus it's maker thinks that (modded) Koss Porta-Pros are the best headphones ever.

I think Altmann is like an architect who wants his whole building to be made in the same clue. His player is a very ascetic device almost totalitarian and he wants the same design headphone to be coupled with his player. He says:

The Koss Porta Pro is utterly simple, and in its simplicity lies its truthfulness and transparency.

And don't forget that he speaks about modded version of the Koss Porta Pro.

Also he doesn't consider bigger headphones as appropriate for portable use. Hence the choice gets very narrow.

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #1,080 of 15,119
Yeah. Accessory Jack isn't bad. At least they don't cancel my order when I ask... only to ship it out later! Like HeadRoom has just done.

I ask for my SRH1840 order to be canceled. Okay, cool. I get an e-mail saying it's been canceled. Then tonight I get an e-mail saying "NOPE! LOL! YUR GETTING IT!"

So... I'm getting a SRH1840. And I've been charged for it. It's on it's way and will be here tomorrow. Now I'll have to go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting for a refund, because even if it turns out to be awesome I'm sure Shure as hell not keeping it now on principle. Or using HeadRoom ever again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back