The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Feb 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,021 of 15,119
I love Capcom. They're delightfully mad and self-referrentially on top of things. Check out this trailer for Street Fighter vs. Tekken. For any other company, this crossover would be stupid and dull and not good at all. But Capcom manages to make things over-the-top enough for it to work. Just look at Mega Man.

It's great that they've decided to make him some big burly dude in a spandex suit. Great I say! Reasons:

a) Original box art for the NES shows Mega Man as a creepy older man and not some boy.

b.) Kind of reminds me of Frank West.

c.) They don't take themselves seriously.

d.) Pisses fans off who take things way too seriously. Always a plus.

Feb 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #1,024 of 15,119

Quote:
Just when I find out I can now order the 800's from Accessoryjack. When I was in Hong Kong last year I tried the 800's for a few minutes, and I was impressed. Overall they sounded better to me then the leaner EX1000's. However with my GR07s on hand to compare I found them a little unengaging. It's entirely possible that if I had a longer time to compare the two I would have picked out the nuances of the 800's.. but how would you compare them?

Actually, how would you compare the GR07s with the EX1000's also, considering that they are both use some form of exotic Sony driver tech? :3

Sadly I don't have the GR07 on hand anymore to do a direct comparison. It had to go back to its rightful owner.

I enjoyed it quite a bit though. Enough to maybe get one of my own. I'm not as sold on the RE-262 and RE-272, though I am growing fonder of the RE-272 and UHA-6S pairing the more I listen.

Quote:
I have watched neither of these films, and I'm going to assume the answer to this is yes, but have you ever read the writings of Jorge Luis Borges? Your comments strike me as similar.

Yes indeed, though it's been a while since I've read anything by him.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,026 of 15,119
Yay my Sennheiser headphone hooks finally arrived, which means that I can do a little bit better job of organising. If you guys haven't seen these, they are actually quite ingenious since they can be hung from vertical or horizontal edges - very minimal footprint. They have a nice plus resting surface for the headband, not an obscenely high price and seem a good deal better then any DIY job I could reasonably do. I thought it might be fun to show you guys a bit of my setup and start a round of "where do you enjoy your gear" themed images. Mind you my computer desk is not ordinarily this bare, I just dumped a bunch of stuff on the floor with this pic.

Also, I am not a raving Maoist / anti-Taiwan agitator. I just happen to like the icredible bold and didactic design of propaganda posters. I actually cannot read the inscription since I (shamefully I suppose) cannot read Chinese - I only know it is a message about a united front against Taiwan, so if anyone can give me a direct translation that would be cool :3

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM Post #1,027 of 15,119

Quote:
Yay my Sennheiser headphone hooks finally arrived, which means that I can do a little bit better job of organising. If you guys haven't seen these, they are actually quite ingenious since they can be hung from vertical or horizontal edges - very minimal footprint. They have a nice plus resting surface for the headband, not an obscenely high price and seem a good deal better then any DIY job I could reasonably do. I thought it might be fun to show you guys a bit of my setup and start a round of "where do you enjoy your gear" themed images. Mind you my computer desk is not ordinarily this bare, I just dumped a bunch of stuff on the floor with this pic.

Also, I am not a raving Maoist / anti-Taiwan agitator. I just happen to like the icredible bold and didactic design of propaganda posters. I actually cannot read the inscription since I (shamefully I suppose) cannot read Chinese - I only know it is a message about a united front against Taiwan, so if anyone can give me a direct translation that would be cool :3

How's that intuous4 treating you? 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #1,028 of 15,119
Communists tend to have pretty awesome art in their propaganda posters.

I have no idea what this says but it looks cool.

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #1,030 of 15,119

Quote:
How's that intuous4 treating you? 
biggrin.gif

Haha you have a keen eye. I love my Intuos 4 but mostly use it for photo-retouching or when having a pen interface would be less cumbersome. I prefer doing pencil on paper sketches and then generally I get too lazy to ink them. I'm only a sorta okay illustrator.

That said the Intuos 4 has a much better pencil on paper feel to it compared to the Intuos 3 it replaced. :3

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #1,031 of 15,119
Feb 8, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #1,032 of 15,119

Quote:
Haha you have a keen eye. I love my Intuos 4 but mostly use it for photo-retouching or when having a pen interface would be less cumbersome. I prefer doing pencil on paper sketches and then generally I get too lazy to ink them. I'm only a sorta okay illustrator.

That said the Intuos 4 has a much better pencil on paper feel to it compared to the Intuos 3 it replaced. :3

To be fair, I never tried the intuos 3. But from what I've gathered, most people seem to be with you on that one, regarding the paper feel of the tablet. Too bad it's that same paper feel that caused a rather big stir of complaints at wacoms boards for people using it frequently that had to replace the nibs at least once a week.

I sold my tablet this christmas. I came to realization that I hadn't used it for over 6 months and thought that I might just sell it before they release intuos 5... I don't know. I bought the D2000 for the money. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #1,033 of 15,119
Quote:
One of my favourite pictures:

How much of that is original?  It would be pretty damn awesome if the only photoshop magic was the text and arrows.

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #1,034 of 15,119
Quote:
To be fair, I never tried the intuos 3. But from what I've gathered, most people seem to be with you on that one, regarding the paper feel of the tablet. Too bad it's that same paper feel that caused a rather big stir of complaints at wacoms boards for people using it frequently that had to replace the nibs at least once a week.

I sold my tablet this christmas. I came to realization that I hadn't used it for over 6 months and thought that I might just sell it before they release intuos 5... I don't know. I bought the D2000 for the money. 

Mmm, I really think that perhaps you can't have one without the other. The paper texture is nice but of course it's going to be abrasive. Fortunately I don't use it enough to need to replace nibs frequently, but I think that nibs should be a great deal cheaper - just being plastic and all. One day I will have enough moneys to buy a Cintiq.

Quote:
How much of that is original?  It would be pretty damn awesome if the only photoshop magic was the text and arrows.

I honestly have no idea, but my gut feeling is that the whole illustration is in fact modern. When did Lenin ever wear goggles like that?

Feb 8, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #1,035 of 15,119

Quote:
Mmm, I really think that perhaps you can't have one without the other. The paper texture is nice but of course it's going to be abrasive. Fortunately I don't use it enough to need to replace nibs frequently, but I think that nibs should be a great deal cheaper - just being plastic and all. One day I will have enough moneys to buy a Cintiq.

I honestly have no idea, but my gut feeling is that the whole illustration is in fact modern. When did Lenin ever wear goggles like that?

Actually, one of the reps at the Wacom forums suggested using a plastic bag or tape over the tablet to dcrease the nibs wearing out so fast. It makes sense since the pen doesn't have to touch the tablet, just the nib needs to be pushed in close to the surface in order for it pick it up as a mouse click. If that makes sense, LOL, it's late and english really isn't my first (or second) language.

Those cintiqs are good looking and would be awesome to have, but I reckon I'd still draw too little for it to make sense to me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back