The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #8,116 of 15,119
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #8,117 of 15,119
I'm assuming you're referring to this? Can music save your life? If yes, then I still haven't got to reading it entirely. Too short-attentioned I assume, or more probably not interested enough. I know that I can pay attention long enough to go through tens of TVTropes pages, most of it are long and huge, and would mostly consume hours of my free time.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #8,118 of 15,119
So, I had first interview in a looong time today. It went pretty well, she was a bit vague about it, but basically she offered me two positions, both as consultant. One of them sounded like a very fun job, and the other a very "safe job". By safe, yes, I AM in fact implying boring.

I have another interview tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I will prepare more for that one though, because it's at a company I trust more and it's probably bound to be better paid. The woman interviewing me today gave some very difficult to decipher vibes. As if she was so used to recruiting that she could do it in her sleep. For all I know, maybe she does. Anyway, I didn't get that feeling that "This is it". I actually got more of "alarming" feelings, that things might not be the way she presented them. Sometimes it pays off to be paranoid. I just have a bad feeling that this is one of those times.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #8,121 of 15,119
Edit: Also I think this kind of mentality is one of head-fi's biggest problems right now. Less wannabe "career" reviewers getting free samples and posting unboxing videos, more people sharing their continually unfolding involvement in a hobby please!

Headphones are hot, and an increasingly big business. Where there's money, sharks and bottom feeders will swim.

@tomscy or @ardegee or any other comers:

When Sony says that there are "Impedance compensators (resistor network inside driver units) eliminate variances in sound quality between amplifiers of different output impedance", what might they actually mean by this? How does such a network work? The nominal impedance is listed as 12ohms.

No idea, to be honest. I will have to read up on it tonight.

I think he might be freaking out due to the Stax ants video?!!? HEHEHE

I recently realized that those might have been David Lynch's headphones.

Headroom needs to double check their testimonials before they go up on their sidebar...

I agree. That quote about the Shure SE310 is weird.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #8,123 of 15,119
Quote:
My very sweet half-German 11-year-old nephew is a Chelsea fan --- I can't stand Chelsea, or rather Chelsea supporters (I like Newcastle). At least we both agree FC Barcelona are probably the best club (or national team, for that matter) ever. It's a shame Real Madrid & Barcelona did not reach the Champions League final, and it turned out to be a very, very boring & uninspiring final between Chelsea & Bayern Munich.

How did you find out that I'm a Chelsea fan?   
wink_face.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #8,124 of 15,119
Quote:
What do I have to cosplay as to get those pictures too?  
tongue_smile.gif

How about Subaru from Nanoha Strikers?

Quote:
I wonder if she might think I'd be hitting on her if I reminded her about that IEM comparison she'd promised to do quite sometime ago (VdGG). Perhaps that's been even a lot less motivating than writing about the HD700s.

I haven't forgotten, I'm just in the midst of a slump.

Quote:
Funny that people talk about so many things round here but music is hardly ever discussed -- music links are posted, but hardly any discussion about music (not music taste). The link I posted a few days ago was completely ignored and it raised what I thought were some very interesting points.

There's been some discussion of music here now and then, not just YouTube links. Stuff tends to get buried just as often as it gets picked up on tho, so it's kind of hit or miss I guess. Several times in the past I've posted about film here as well since I'm really into cinema, but it never sparked any conversation. Either way I'm always up for talking about music. For years I've been posting on another forum specifically about music, so I tend to not talk about it as much here beyond sharing links. I've been tempted to post on the music subforum now and then, but I'm not as familiar with the people there, so it's a less engaging prospect to me.

Quote:
Last Friday I placed an order for the Piano Forte IX --- serious concerns about getting a / the right fit, though.

That should be interesting. You're getting into some mighty strange territory there.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #8,126 of 15,119
Jun 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #8,127 of 15,119
FAD unboxing videos are the best. The packaging is their most underwhelming aspect, so it's just thrilling to see someone sliding that cardboard tray out and removing the earphones and carry case. Of course this would only take about a minute for most people to complete, so the experienced unboxer will draw it out as much as possible, prolonging the removal to build suspense, perhaps doing a few glamorous 360 degree flourishes and accompanying hand gestures.

Show me that warranty card, baby. Ohhhh yeah!

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #8,129 of 15,119
Quote:
Show me that warranty card, baby. Ohhhh yeah!

Hot cross-shipped RMA action!  Give it to me baby!

(Also you might have missed this due to near simultaneous posting.)

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #8,130 of 15,119
Quote:

Hot cross-shipped RMA action!  Give it to me baby!

(Also you might have missed this due to near simultaneous posting.)

Good ol' Sailor Bubba.

Here's one of my favorite recently discovered cosplay pictures:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back