The diary entries of a little girl nearing 30!
Jun 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #8,102 of 15,119
Quote:

Sort of. It might also look really awkward in person. I saw someone the other day with one of those hoodies where the draw strings for the hood are actually earbuds. I always thought this seemed like a good idea until I saw this guy walking around with drawstrings in his ears.

Quote:
Interesting. There is another competitor for the same price - semi-open Philips L1. What do you think about MA900's build quality and materials? Does it insult you of looking cheap?

It's odd. I can say that the build quality seems reasonable enough, but because the design is so flimsy and thin it seems fragile and tacky anyway. It all makes sense as soon as you put them on your ears though - the wear comfort is astounding. All I can feel is slight pressure where the earcups make contact with my skin. Apart from that its a bit Ned Flanders, "Like I'm wearing nothing at all!"

Quote:

I think the idea of that was to say that the F1 looks like a ahead of its time futuristic design, but the MA900 looks utilitarian in comparison? 

The MA900 is growing on me really. A nice combination of good qualities.

Quote:
Lollipop Chainsaw time... finally!

I want to play this, and I also want to cosplay her lol.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #8,104 of 15,119
Quote:

If you do I want pictures. In exchange I will give you pictures of me cosplaying as a Claymore.

Lol. Well, I think I have to keep going to the gym for a bit longer before I would even think of doing it, even for laughs lol.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #8,105 of 15,119
Quote:
Quote:
I haven't heard a song so beautiful in a long time. This really made me emotional. Manly tears were shed ;_;
[seriously f-ing good music]

I also posted this in the metal thread, but this is post-rock instrumental which might appeal to a lot more people.

I couldn't resist and ORDERED the album. Thanks for posting the video

Oh my, that's soooo good. Thanks for the share.

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #8,106 of 15,119
@tomscy or @ardegee or any other comers:

When Sony says that there are "Impedance compensators (resistor network inside driver units) eliminate variances in sound quality between amplifiers of different output impedance", what might they actually mean by this? How does such a network work? The nominal impedance is listed as 12ohms.

Edit: Is it what is being described here?

http://users.on.net/~isaacmcn/audio/impcomp/impcomp.htm

Which seems to relate to the Sonove impedance graph here:

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #8,108 of 15,119
Quote:
I saw an ant on my table. Dammit I saw an ant on my table!!!

???

Are you speculating that you now have a super power that lets you control ants? I get ants on my table all the time. Spiders and crickets too. I draw the freak out line at roaches.

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #8,110 of 15,119
Quote:
I think he might be freaking out due to the Stax ants video?!!? HEHEHE

Maybe some enemy of Head Fi is sending out his/her minions.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #8,111 of 15,119
Quote:
Lollipop Chainsaw time... finally!

What game is that?

Quote:

I want to play this, and I also want to cosplay her lol.

Quote:
If you do I want pictures. In exchange I will give you pictures of me cosplaying as a Claymore.

What do I have to cosplay as to get those pictures too? 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
@tomscy or @ardegee or any other comers:

When Sony says that there are "Impedance compensators (resistor network inside driver units) eliminate variances in sound quality between amplifiers of different output impedance", what might they actually mean by this? How does such a network work? The nominal impedance is listed as 12ohms.

Edit: Is it what is being described here?

http://users.on.net/~isaacmcn/audio/impcomp/impcomp.htm

Which seems to relate to the Sonove impedance graph here:

I think that's what they mean, though I don't really know much about how they actually would have implemented it so I couldn't say for sure.

Headroom needs to double check their testimonials before they go up on their sidebar...

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #8,113 of 15,119
Jun 13, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #8,115 of 15,119
Quote:
Random thoughts / musings:

If regular members of "Team Diary" were musicians, how good would they be? Probably not very good is my guess. Would they be able to create something that resembles real music -- what I'd consider real music, that is-- even if not very good at playing any particular musical instrument? I'd say 3 of them would come up with at least some interesting 'musical' ideas: One of them is an American, a female, another is based in Australia with Asian connections (been too 'successful' & popular lately for his own 'good', me thinks), and another is based in Austria and hasn't posted for a month.

Funny that people talk about so many things round here but music is hardly ever discussed -- music links are posted, but hardly any discussion about music (not music taste). The link I posted a few days ago was completely ignored and it raised what I thought were some very interesting points.

I believe I'm pretty mediocre... I was taught the piano when I was a child (from 7 to 12 years old) but left it because my teacher/mentor died of cancer. Instead of music, I picked up on basketball and martial arts but always had music in my life (my dad plays the guitar and most of my family were in bands, groups, or sing, etc.). In college I decided to teach myself to play the guitar, at least rhythm and since I've always written poems and stuff, I just translated some to songs.

Now, I have to say that I DO have some songs I like, but most of them I don't! LOL
Maybe I'm my own worst critic.!

Anyway, if you want to make your ears bleed:

http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/artist_songs/59745

Have in mind though that most are in Spanish... and that, again, I'm pretty mediocre! :wink:

BTW, I did not see your post/link you are referring to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back