The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Dec 8, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #1,111 of 3,746

Quote:

In more interesting news I received these yesterday.

Too lazy to change the NE5532, pritty much sounds perfectly fine as it is...

Nice Leds!!!!

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #1,113 of 3,746
Dec 8, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #1,117 of 3,746

Quote:

I thought you were exploring IEM's now? :wink: If you buy it, please let us know what it's like, I'll pass.

I thought this was going to replace the 940, until I noticed it costs 4 times more.

What can I say, I'm a multi-tasker. : )

I'm actually reading up on customs. I think I'll go for a pair of those in the future (maybe from JH Audio?), as I really can't stand the feeling of foam from universals in my ears. Silicon tips might be an option, but I find the seal hard to get with them in my (admittedly very limited) experience.

Dec 8, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #1,118 of 3,746

All IEM's fit me fine, I have never had a problem with any tip or IEM except for the Etymotic ER-4PT, I hated that one (in fit, not sound).

Of course, the Sony EX600 doesn't offer a tight fit and doesn't have much isolation, but it delivers the sound the way it should, Audio Technica CK10 is a gorgeous IEM in comparison, very compact, fits really nicely, very nice sound, such a gem of an IEM, might suit you MuppetFace?

IDK your jumping in the deep-end idea is noble and everything but I think you should try a couple universals first and then custom later. :)

Also why JH Audio? Everyone goes for JH, there are soooooooooo many custom IEM companies, get something cool like the Rooth LS8 instead, or Starkey SA-43! :wink:

I can't wait for my custom.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #1,119 of 3,746

Quote:

All IEM's fit me fine, I have never had a problem with any tip or IEM except for the Etymotic ER-4PT, I hated that one (in fit, not sound).

Of course, the Sony EX600 doesn't offer a tight fit and doesn't have much isolation, but it delivers the sound the way it should, Audio Technica CK10 is a gorgeous IEM in comparison, very compact, fits really nicely, very nice sound, such a gem of an IEM, might suit you MuppetFace?

IDK your jumping in the deep-end idea is noble and everything but I think you should try a couple universals first and then custom later. :)

Also why JH Audio? Everyone goes for JH, there are soooooooooo many custom IEM companies, get something cool like the Rooth LS8 instead, or Starkey SA-43! :wink:

I can't wait for my custom.

I've had a couple of universal IEMs in the past from Sennheiser, Denon, and Shure. This was back when I was a student, so I can't recall the models off hand. I've got the Stax SR-003 at the moment, which I really love. The tips on those look like they would be hard to get a seal with but work really well. The IEMs from Audio-Technica look really nice. If I stick to the universal route, I'd probably go with AT or Sony.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #1,120 of 3,746

Wow you're fast .. is changing the op-amps as easy as popping it out and putting them in ? Lol, is there a link where you get them.. I might has lost track if you did post them up :) I remembered you were raving about the NE5532. The AK Texas does comes with NE5532 right ?

Thanks!

Quote:

In more interesting news I received these yesterday.

Too lazy to change the NE5532, pritty much sounds perfectly fine as it is...

Dec 8, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #1,122 of 3,746
Quote:

I've had a couple of universal IEMs in the past from Sennheiser, Denon, and Shure. This was back when I was a student, so I can't recall the models off hand. I've got the Stax SR-003 at the moment, which I really love. The tips on those look like they would be hard to get a seal with but work really well. The IEMs from Audio-Technica look really nice. If I stick to the universal route, I'd probably go with AT or Sony.

Aw lucky, I really want those XDD

Do you have the home version or the portable version? Is the SR-003 moniker a name just for the home version?

Quote:

Strangely I can't get any other headphones to fit me with the triple flange eartips. I tried them on my Custom 3's and they did wonderful things for the bass, but the presentation became strangely small and i couldn't get the bass to play evenly in both ears. They really work great with the ER8's that I have, though I usually use the mushroom tips because the affect they have on bass with etymotics is great.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #1,123 of 3,746
Yeah it looks reallly good in the dark, and look how thick the steel is on the front plate!

I keep sayin', this DAC is prime.

What dac is that? It looks nice.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #1,125 of 3,746

Quote:
[/] If I stick to the universal route, I'd probably go with AT or Sony.

Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Wow you're fast .. is changing the op-amps as easy as popping it out and putting them in ? Lol, is there a link where you get them.. I might has lost track if you did post them up :) I remembered you were raving about the NE5532. The AK Texas does comes with NE5532 right ?

Thanks!

It comes with the NE5532 yeah.

Here's the other ones I ordered - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-OP-AMP-ICs-Assortment-Kit-10-Types-OPA2134-OPA2604-OPA134-LM741-etc-/400261988706

I'll get back to you on changing the opamps and how the other ones in the kit sound.

Quote:
What dac is that? It looks nice.

It's the Leonardo Dac Vinci.

Check post #982, I'll have to move some stuff to the first page later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back