The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Oct 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #286 of 3,746
JVC FXC51 in red.

Dont know if kiteki got them already.

for $23 Katun wasnt wrong when he said they were a giant killer. granted they sound better than my Meelec M6 and altec lansing blackbeat UPH 326 and even better than the Ety MC5 ($70), and magane to trow some punch to the TF10, specially in the middles.

its very punchy and has lot of sparkle, the mids doesnt sound recesed or "boxe'd" very open mids. Iwas surprised by the clarity, I think its due to the driver being in the very tip of the IEM, the driver is actually inside the ear, between the tip when you wear them. 

of course it isnt perfect, It has some boominess that could be recuded. And the highs are at times a little harsh. I beliebe user Katun said this could be fixed with EQ, but I dont need any EQ because I have beer.

Overall a bright signature with punchy bass and open mids, very fun ti listen.

They fit me perfect with t he medium tips. isolates well enough and microphonics are high, but are reduced almost completely by wearing the cables behind the ear. a very fun IEM, most def. this is gonna be my Gym-fi, replacing the meleec M6 and altec and zune V2 and Ety MC5.

If I have to compare them to a full sized, I'd say sony V6 ot ATH ES7. mostly the second.

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #288 of 3,746

Quote:
Hey kiteki, wondering if you have plan to comparing some others "New" mini USB DAC to your HM-101, perhaps like ibasso D-Zero and Fiio E10.

at least both of them already get really good review from headfonia

Well, i'm not really sure about your preference, what I know is I don't like the U100 too.

Yes, that would be nice :)

I'll consider it, I'm always curious what something sounds like - but now that I have the Teclast T51, HM-601, HM-101 and Sabre ESS ES9023 I don't currently have much desire for a new DAC, I think the HM-101 is a killer for the price and size (at least for IEM and 32 ohm headphone users) and I'm a bit skeptical that some mid-fi Fiio or iBass product will be able to compete with the Sabre, but I'll still consider it.

I think the next DAC/Amp on my list is still the Fostex HP-A3, or something else with a high-end Asahi Kasei chip, since I'm yet to hear one of those.

I was close to buying something called the TeraDak on ebay, but now that I have the HM-601 I think I'm satisfied with my introduction to NOS sound.

Terima kasih banyak :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's not about me it's about Kiteki [...]

You're a cat.

Quote:
And kiteki seems to have abandoned us T_T

No, I just went jogging. ;p

Quote:
Man, I really need to find a new headphone board - suggestions ?

board?

Quote:
glad to see you back kiteki!

Thanks Mr. Mexico. :)

Quote:
do i need an amp to power westone um1? or the pl50? anyways my ipod touch is slowly dying and i need something that can take 32 gbs of music

No, you don't, you don't need an amp for hardly any small IEM's unless you're using a weak source like a mobile phone, then perhaps you can try the Fiio E6.  If you want a balanced armature IEM I'd recommend the UE700.

Quote:
JVC FXC51 in red.

Dont know if kiteki got them already.
[...]

I just got them tonight.

TOUCHDOWN.

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Oct 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #289 of 3,746

On request of JamesMcProgger we may have some rivallrry tonight.

AND IN THE REEEEEEEEED CORNER:

AND IN THE YELLLLLOWWW CORNER:​
 ​
 ​
 ​
AND IN THE BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEE​
CORRRRRRRRRRRRRN​
EEEEEEEEER:​
 ​
 ​

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #291 of 3,746

~ Dear Diary! ~

Here's a recap of my day, today I went to school, omg it was so boring >< but my friends are so funny ^^

Look at us, haha!

Science class was hard ><

Then I got a hair-cut, omg he so funny!

Then I tried on my new clothes when I got home.

Then instead of doing homework I went straight onto head-fi.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #292 of 3,746
It's like real life anime.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #293 of 3,746
Impressions of the JVC FXC51 before turning them on:

The packaging is decent, it looks nice, comes with two extra tips (S and L, M is already on the IEM's) and there a 1 year warranty card (USA only).

The mailman was really rough on my package, he shoved it in my mailbox, and it took me 10 minutes to get it out, but the JVC package was still in perfect mint condition, thanks to amazon's 'bubble-wrap' packaging (actually it's a kind of giant bubble wrap, like giant air pockets, seems to work well).

The cable is nice and smooth and a good length, it reminds me of the CK10 cable, except just a tiny bit thinner, and there are some microphonics in the Y section.

The included medium sized tips look thick and supple, the fit I achieved is instantly fairly deep, snug and tight, again reminding me of the CK10... however considering the tight fit I can still hear my surroundings very well... such as my typing on the keyboard, it's very clear... I'm guessing this is because they're vented, and thus the low isolation is a trade-off there.

Well, I just listened to the RE272's on the T51, time to turn these on and see if Katun and James are crazy or not.

If you haven't followed the story thus far, Katun thinks these have better bass than the Ultrasone PRO 900, better tonality than Sony Z1000, and better highs than something I can't recall right now.

JamesMcProgger told me on msn he thinks they are equal to the TF10's apart from soundspace.

My immediate first impression is...

...is they sound cloudy.

There's a thick fog from the mids to the lower highs or something, and then they open up again somewhere in the mid highs and have a decent open sky extension, but the fog gets in the way.

The "SHH" sounds are a little bit emphasized, but not sibilant or harsh, just SHRHRHSHSHshshshshHRHShShsh all the time...

The bass is pretty impactful, it's nowhere near the qualtiy of EX600 or EX700 bass, it's a bit uncontrolled and a tiny bit muddy, but it's pretty good, it reminds me of Koss PortaPro bass, very similiar.

The overall presentation is very colourful, this is not a boring IEM and not a reference IEM at all.

There's no hyper-clarity or hyper-realism that I was hoping for, they don't have any of that, but they are very impressive so far (after 2 songs lol) in their own right...

It's not fair to compare these to the RE0 and RE272, because they're tailored for different types of sound, and the RE272 wins easily, but I can see the FXC51's having a certain charm and I wouldn't be disappointed in them for up to $100.

The soundstage is wider than expected, and the imaging is better than expected, wider than RE0, but for some reason the bass is very narrow which may give the impression of a narrow soundstage, since the bass is always in a very close proximity, but the imaging of the mids and highs is far beyond a $24 IEM level.

I'm not a bass lover and want to Eq it down a bit straight away, and I just came from listening to the RE272's prior to these (which have much higher quality bass, except in much lighter impact) however a bass lover might love these =p when I very briefly listened to the ATH-CKS70 or CKS90 can't remember which one I thought the bass was muddy, well these have that same kind of muddy... keep in mind I think the PortaPro's are muddy too.

Listening to a few bassy tracks now, I'd still recommend the a-Jays Three to a basslover, but they cost a little bit more and have less clarity than these. :/

Background information and detail is very high.

Note thickness is high.

'Wetness' is pretty good, not dry sounding at all.

Vocals are okay, reasonable.

The muddy and overshadowing bass becomes quickly tiring, but after Eq'ing it down a few notches they sound nicer.

They seem to respond pretty well to Eq and I'd call these a $75 IEM ballpark figure, as long as you don't care about balance these seem much better than the RE0 and PL50, after eq'ing down 60Hz A LOT, eq'ing down 300Hz, upping 1kHz, upping 300khz, upping 6kHz... then they have a fairly close resemblance to the characteristics of ER-4 and RE272, however they can't compete at all with the RE252, EX600 and UE700.

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #294 of 3,746
Great then, just tell me if you already had them to get review :D

HP-A3 is a great product, I got loaned of it some weeks ago, via HO I still prefer DACport a bit though (as DAC standalone HP-A3 is better, even DACport doesn't have dedicated line out, so actually it isn't a match), but both of them definitely upgrade from U100 

Terima kasih juga "sasaki" 

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #295 of 3,746

Quote:
Impressions of the JVC FXC51 before turning them on:

The packaging is decent, it looks nice, comes with two extra tips (S and L, M is already on the IEM's) and there a 1 year warranty card (USA only).

The mailman was really rough on my package, he shoved it in my mailbox, and it took me 10 minutes to get it out, but the JVC package was still in perfect mint condition, thanks to amazon's 'bubble-wrap' packaging (actually it's a kind of giant bubble wrap, like giant air pockets, seems to work well).

The cable is nice and smooth and a good length, it reminds me of the CK10 cable, except just a tiny bit thinner, and there are some microphonics in the Y section.

The included medium sized tips look thick and supple, the fit I achieved is instantly fairly deep, snug and tight, again reminding me of the CK10... however considering the tight fit I can still hear my surroundings very well... such as my typing on the keyboard, it's very clear... I'm guessing this is because they're vented, and thus the low isolation is a trade-off there.

Well, I just listened to the RE272's on the T51, time to turn these on and see if Katun and James are crazy or not.

If you haven't followed the story thus far, Katun thinks these have better bass than the Ultrasone PRO 900, better tonality than Sony Z1000, and better highs than something I can't recall right now.

JamesMcProgger told me on msn he thinks they are equal to the TF10's apart from soundspace.

My immediate first impression is...

We are waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back