The diary entries of a little girl! ~ | ~ Latest memoir: oıpnɐ ןɐuıɟ
Jan 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #3,136 of 3,746

Well in Media monkey it works. I know for a fact its bit perfect because I cannot adjust the volume in media monkey with the plug-in activated. I would have to use the basic plug in to manually control the volume.

Quote:

You can't select bit-perfect (ASIO) and upsampling at the same time, upsampling isn't bit-perfect, and I thought ASIO only supported up to 48kHz.

It's possible Media Monkey has a built in bass enhancer, so when you select ASIO and bypass the internal software in Media Monkey then ASIO all of a sudden becomes bass-light, well that's the only theory I can come up with.

When I compare KernelStreaming, ASIO and DirectSound (all at 16-bit output) they all sound almost exactly the same, like 97% or higher, more like 99.7%, so if there are any differences they are extremely slight and can't ask for a unique IEM/HP synergy in my experience.

Upsampling on the other hand, I can hear the difference, however it's once again extremely slight and I initially kept failing at trying to blind test it.

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #3,137 of 3,746

That's weird... so how's the weather in Honolulu?
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #3,140 of 3,746
Quote:
Keep in mind when people are making comments regarding percentage of performance. Its a very subjective game. FX500 mid range is very recessed when compared to the FX700. It has more sub bass and less mid bass than FX700. Treble is quite harsh and not refined like the FX700. To me that would be a bigger difference than 10 to 15%

I am not good with numbers. But beyond a point, the difference between IEMs is indeed about 10-15%. The devil is in the details - what that 10% contains and how important it is to your preference is all that matters. IMO, as we go higher up the ladder, even an objective 2-3% increment in one area is enough to make one IEM dearer and shun the other.

Also, one man's 'bright' is another's 'right'
wink.gif

Jan 13, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #3,141 of 3,746
Jan 13, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #3,143 of 3,746

I haven't listened to Celine Dion since 2010, now I have rediscovered her thanks to Final Audio. :)

Here is another really good piece. - http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/02+Le+Ballet/3zvtxS?src=5

btw, 1:55 is one of those 'epic moments' I was talking about yesterday, that the JH11/16 are so incredibly good at, especially if you are listening at higher volumes and into the music, it's something no universal IEM or full-size headphone can do, I don't care what people say.

There's another one at 3:15.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #3,144 of 3,746
I find it kind of funny, a couple days ago I received an AD700 that I had bought from a friend and fellow headfier. I think I listened to it for 2 days.

Then my Nano 7g and Fuze came in -they don't sound broken with my C3's- and I just haven't had any time for it lol :p

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #3,146 of 3,746
Quote:
I am using the bundled iem from my walkman. Soon, I will be using iPod earbuds.

Why? That can't be too bad, I remember cnet and sites like that praising the bundled iem's with walkman players. And why would you go down to iPod earbuds? Its not that there [4th gen] bad per se, they're presentation is kinda nice, they're just a little grainy/hazy/cloudy, etc.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #3,148 of 3,746

Wait so you have JH Customs or are those universals from JH Audio? Thought you didn't own any high ends yet?
Quote:

I haven't listened to Celine Dion since 2010, now I have rediscovered her thanks to Final Audio. :)

Here is another really good piece. - http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/02+Le+Ballet/3zvtxS?src=5

btw, 1:55 is one of those 'epic moments' I was talking about yesterday, that the JH11/16 are so incredibly good at, especially if you are listening at higher volumes and into the music, it's something no universal IEM or full-size headphone can do, I don't care what people say.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #3,149 of 3,746
Quote:
Wait so you have JH Customs or are those universals from JH Audio? Thought you didn't own any high ends yet?
Quote:

They are universal demo units from JH Audio, I think they sound better than any 'universal', I think you get what I mean.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #3,150 of 3,746

Quote:
Why? That can't be too bad, I remember cnet and sites like that praising the bundled iem's with walkman players. And why would you go down to iPod earbuds? Its not that there [4th gen] bad per se, they're presentation is kinda nice, they're just a little grainy/hazy/cloudy, etc.

The bundled iem is nowhere near good. But, it is pleasant and not tiring to listen to. In view of its cost, maybe cutting down on head-fi gears is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back