1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2

1. Mimouille
  2. Coq de Combat
    I thought that was spectacular. It's not original in the idea that we are slaves to our gadgets, their manufacturers (I'm going to interpret this as a shot at all people, not iPhone users in particular) and whatever they may give us. That big bad robot in the end could've been exchanged to "lust", "envy" or some other feeling, and they could just as well have been wearing HD 600 -> HD 650 -> HD 800, and this movie could've been about head-fiers. We are consumers, and from a macro perspective, we are idiots. As said, it's not original, but the movie itself was a great take on consumerism - a great way to showcase our behaviour from a distance.

I have to admit though, that I enjoy being an iDiot. It's not that my gadgets are necessary for survival, or so. They're just convenient and awesome to use and I like it.

Reminds me of an old xkcd comic, but I couldn't find it.

3. Mimouille
    Yep nothing new but true. Consumerism is ok to me as long as you are aware and keep it under control, and most of all, as long as you derive pleasure from it.

4. jgray91
    tmp_PB270017_1321261020.jpg

@DF I believed that you ordered this a while ago? Have you received yours?

5. Silent One
    "Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!"

6. Achmedisdead
    And Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else. I will be working while everyone gorges themselves...lol. :)

7. Silent One
    [​IMG] Will have you firm in mind when I delight in that Sweet Potato Pie...

8. Coq de Combat
    tumblr_mhyp3j1BIS1qiuiebo1_500.jpg

Happy thanksgiving

9. DigitalFreak

Yep, awhile ago. I gave it to my girlfriend whose into anime.

10. ardgedee

For some reason I'd noticed the Vali earlier but it failed to register properly.

It'd be interesting if Schiit is planning tubed and solid state versions of amps at each major price bracket. A tubed counterpart to the Mjolnir would look pretty studly.

11. jgray91

Neat!

12. Silent One
    [​IMG]
    Loved it!

13. DigitalFreak
    The joys of living in central Canada during the winter months

1466284_327789847363277_1620552880_n.jpg
    580643_327789867363275_705847723_n.jpg
    1471185_327789904029938_880395482_n.jpg

14. Silent One
    [​IMG] I just got a chill looking at the pix