1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2

1. Mimouille

Not me because I am a martial arts expert, and my body is a weapon, trained to resist extreme temperatures and remain a lethal machine. levitation.gif

2. jgray91
    I'm already missing winter now... ;_;

3. DigitalFreak
    On a far less depressing note, quite touching video I think...
    /img/vimeo_logo.png 

I hope his record collection is saved and will one day be enjoyed by the masses

4. Silent One

Whew [​IMG] tomorrow I'll be cycling along the Pacific Ocean to Malibu...

5. Achmedisdead
    I don't necessarily mind the cold, as long as I have warning and can dress appropriately....but I am totally over snow. An inch or so on the trees in the morning looks pretty, but I don't want to shovel or snow-blow anymore....lol.

6. Silent One
    [​IMG] At least you got some g-o-o-d music and the gears that play them!

7. Achmedisdead
    Indeed!  
    ipod-108.gif

8. Coq de Combat
    DF: Wow, we don't even have snow yet. It's pretty fun considering we live on the same latitude as Alaska and Northern Canada. We do get rather chilly winters in january though.

Quote:
    Agreed. I'm not a big fan of the "save the money" thing. Yes, sure, you should probably have enough money to survive if things go awfully wrong, but you need to enjoy life while you live it as well. I think my poor upbringing and the fact that we have "free" healthcare and university and stuff has clouded that opinion. When things go awfully wrong in Sweden, it doesn't get as bad as when things go awfully wrong in the majority of the world.

9. Coq de Combat
    *****, so now we have two martial arts experts knowing the death grips, and five fingers of death grips here. You and a_rec. I'm telling you, you guys are frightening peoples.

When the boogey man goes to sleep, he checks under the bed for Chuck Norris. When Chuck goes to sleep, he checks under the bed for you guys.

When Chuck Norris does push-ups, it's actually the world going up and down. The reason the earth isn't thrown off its axis when he does push-ups, is because you guys are standing on top of it around the world.

10. illyria
    After living in Central America (Panama/Costa Rica) for the last five years, I think I would die if I even saw snow..

I'll stick with my ~75 F / 24 C year-round climate.

/Random new person comment.

11. DigitalFreak

If I remember right last year you Swedes got hit pretty hard with a snow storm while we had a generally mild winter. Looks like this year its out turn. I'm rather surprised there isn't any of the white stuff out in the Scandinavian countries. Is that normal in that area of the world at this time of year?

12. Coq de Combat
    That would be such a great climate to live in, but I guess it can be somewhat boring as well?

Yeah, buses and cars were abandoned in the middle of the road and the subway was greatly affected by it. I hope you don't get hit too hard my friend.

Actually yeah, it's normal that we get snow later on, in december. January-february is the coldest period though. I think we're somewhat protected by the gulf stream, but I'm not an expert on weather.

13. illyria

Well, where I live currently live (Boquete) was continuously ranked as one of the "best" places in the world to retire.  It definitely gets boring if you're sub-30 (Hence one of the reasons why I signed up here, so I can find a nice set up to avoid the boredom).

14. Coq de Combat
    That sounds nice. My collegue at work comes from Brazil, and he keeps mentioning how he doesn't enjoy the Swedish winters.

Have you found a nice setup yet? Welcome to the diary thread btw. We talk about everything and nothing in here, and sometimes MuppetFace makes a diary post here.

15. illyria
    Thanks for the welcome.

I think it was around two years ago when I visited my family in the United States during the winter (5-8 inches of snow on the ground).. I was wearing two sweaters, covered in blankets and was still frigid.. Never again, so long as I can help it, haha.

As for the setup, I'm thinking either a FiiO E7/E9 combo or a Schiit Magni + Behringer UCA202 (Recommended by someone in the Amps section on here, as my current budget wouldn't allow for a Magni+Modi combo) with either Senn HD-598/Beyer DT-880 or Sony MA-900 (Or potentially something else, depending on what goes on sale tomorrow/Friday)