The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #18,797 of 21,761
  Btw Happy Birthday Arly!!!

+1 
beerchug.gif

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #18,798 of 21,761

My semi-educated guess is *NGE LEVEL TECHNO BABBLE EJECT THE ENTRY PLUG WE CAN'T IT'S OUT OF CONTROL AT FIELD IS NEARING THE COCYTUS LAYER NOW APPROACHING OUROBOROS STATE*

I am so glad that we have someone in our midst who knows something about this stuff.

Will he consider re-releasing the re0?

He already did. It's called the RE-400.

BADUM TSCH

*everyone stands up stands up, hooting and hollering and clapping till their wrists snap*

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #18,803 of 21,761

Drats! Caught me! I really don't know anything --- I just used this: http://www.ds10.org/Database/babble.html

Lately I have been very fascinated by twitter accounts that just post odd spambot-esque phrases. The recent horse_ebooks reveal has kind of doubled my interest in this. 

My favourite tweet recently in this vein is:

Megascale kittens
— mcc (@mcclure111) September 24, 2013

Sep 27, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #18,804 of 21,761
I wonder how much different the F880 series will sound from the flagship. I wouldn't mind trying one of those, since I've never heard a Sony dap.

Hopefully they will not limit the LOD port and support their own high end DAC/amp combo, or any other external DAC/amp for that matter. At least both the F and ZX has hardware playback and volume buttons, on top of touchscreen.
Did you guys see this? :eek: Supposedly this is the upcoming HiFiMAN HM-700 DAP:

extreme minimalism

On a side note, I may possibly meet Dr. Bian next week. If you guys have questions for him, PM me and I'll try to squeeze them in.​

*sigh* Honestly, I'm both sick of and glad for minimalism, but leaning more towards "sick of". I don't know, the look of a surface bereft of any tactile control interface is infuriating.
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Being 42 was the bomb wonder what 43 has in store for me. Will I finally be married by 44 maybe?

С днем рождения, Арлй! :cool:

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #18,808 of 21,761
Just read that the Woo Monoblocks have a maximum output of 8W into speakers.  Doesn't that kind of undermine the versatility?  I mean, I know there are really efficient speakers out there (my PSB's are, but they're also not that high-end), but going by the "if you can afford this, you can afford XYZ" mentality of the thread, I imagine someone in the market for them would have some rather nice speakers that probably want more than 8W? 

Disclaimer: I know power doesn't equal fidelity and I am aware of some really high-end single-driver speakers that might play nice with 8W, but I still think that's really limited for a supposed jack of all trades product. 

Just posting this here as to not fling poo in the sponsor thread, despite an ass-extrodinaire already doing such.  I'm a bit anxious to see all the damage control, tbh >_>

The Ken Rad VT-231 is a rather strange sounding tube.  I was using one in Vega -> ECBA -> HD800's this morning and am genuinely unsure what to think of it.  I mean, it's darker than I'd like, but I could hear a lot of  good going on as well, particularly the quality of the bass, even if quantity was a bit much.  It made the HD800's sound kind of lush and... that's not the worst thing in the world, especially with the ECBA in control.  I would definitely never want one as my only 6SN7 for the ECBA, though. 

If I had a matched pair I'd try them in my Electra, but I unfortunately don't atm.

Meanwhile, I'm having a hell of a time finding tubes I actually want to replace the Tung Sols in the first input stage of the aforementioned amp.  Based on the difference that rolling the output tubes made, I'm willing to bet that there's more performance to be had from the thing.  I read that the second run of the Electra won't require a pair of perfectly matched 6SN7's and I really wish it had just been that way from the start.  I know there are other amps in the EC line that are hard to tube roll for, but making it nearly impossible to upgrade from Tung Sol 6SN7's seems a bit asinine, no?  I found a pair of Sylvanias that are like 100/100 and 100/98 (going by percent of the other 3 triodes since I forget the exact figures now) and I'm just hoping that won't distort too badly.  The instructions that came with the amp are a little vague as to how much imbalance it would take for such to happen.  

^ All that's to say I find ECBA -> SR009 frustrating.  The pairing actually does sound great with maybe half my music, but **** with the other half.  It isn't some clear cut thing like "these are only good for jazz and classical" but more to do with the mastering of individual tracks.  Anything inherently lacking low-end authority makes me want to hold my breath, if that bit of synesthesia  makes any sense.  Tracks that actually have such, though, sound quite nice!  On most other headphones I have that don't emphasize bass much, like the HD800's or Paradox, the former tracks would just sound bass-lite, not quite so anemic.

Perhaps I really should just get SR007 MKI's as well.

Sep 27, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #18,809 of 21,761
good this thread is still here. hello everyone. I hope your headphone adventures are going well.

Hey compoopers! Nice to see you back. How is life after 3.00 when all you have for company is two old men, a shell of a girl and a darn kid that just plays paino all day?

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #18,810 of 21,761
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a side note, I may possibly meet Dr. Bian next week. If you guys have questions for him, PM me and I'll try to squeeze them in.

"Hey, Fang, when's that Jade II you promised coming out eh?"
"So, about the replacement for the HE-6...."

I'm sure he'll answer these.

On a more serious note, I do have some possible questions, so expect a PM I guess!

Oh... and....

Happy Burfday, DF!
Don't strain yourself too much, you old fart!
*thumbsup*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back