The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2
Sep 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #18,811 of 21,761
^After this how can i compete with my birthday wishes :/  Anyways happy birthday DF and I wish you a happy and rewarding year to come!  And many happy returns.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #18,812 of 21,761
  Did you guys see this?
eek.gif
Supposedly this is the upcoming HiFiMAN HM-700 DAP:

On a side note, I may possibly meet Dr. Bian next week. If you guys have questions for him, PM me and I'll try to squeeze them in.​

I like it. At least it doesn't have the awkward bump of the Sony.

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #18,813 of 21,761
I like it. At least it doesn't have the awkward bump of the Sony.

Yea, but can it handle the 1.21 giggawatts needed to drop the beat without the awkward bump?

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #18,814 of 21,761
So far GTA V is not doing it for me. Game design is just frustrating, and I find myself failing missions before I even have a clear indication of what I'm doing. The gas grenade one where you have to find a van and get its cargo to pull off a heist for instance. I set the marker on the map where it's labeled *heist preparation*, and the game gives me GPS directions. I drive along following said directions, but suddenly the van spawns pretty far away from where the game is telling me to go, so literally I get "you lost the van!" before I could even see it because I'm driving where my GPS is telling me to go. So I restart and find the van on my own, but suddenly the game decides I'm not actively on this mission anymore because I didn't set the useless GPS marker which, for some reason, has reset. So I get a phone call with another mission in the middle of this current mission I'm trying to complete. Finally, on try # 3, I get to said van and try to shoot the back door like the game tells me to do, but for some reason the drive-by weapons don't work. Huh. They worked right up this point, and they worked afterward, but during the actual part with the van the game glitches out and lo and behold no drive-by shooting. Finally on try # 4 the planets align, and I can complete the stupid mission. Now, about the call the game tossed in my direction, maybe now I can... no, wait, the game insists I do the heist now and wont let me save after launching me into the mission.

So yeah, this game frustrates me on so many tiny little details that add up to a pretty annoying whole. Yes, it's an impressive game in many respects, but I find myself fumbling around often times trying to figure out the very narrow margin of what the game wants me to do rather than what I want to do. LOL. I suspect some GTA fans will argue with me about how I'm doing this or that wrong, about how I'm missing the point, etc. But damn if I didn't enjoy Saints Row IV so much more.

I'm still going to keep playing. Maybe it'll get better for me as time goes on or something.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #18,815 of 21,761
  "Hey, Fang, when's that Jade II you promised coming out eh?"
"So, about the replacement for the HE-6...."

Those are valid questions --- I will ask them in exactly that kind of tone! 
wink.gif
Sure, I will add them to the list... as well as my own personal one, whether or not he'll release high-impedance earphones once again... I want a super hard-to-drive IEM, one that requires 6x gain tube amps... coil that voice coil!

Somehow I thought the latest iteration was GTA VI? Or maybe I'm just confused? I hardly follow gaming anymore...

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #18,816 of 21,761
Happy B-Day DF!

WRT GTA V:  While, in theory, the "more polished" missions should appeal to me, it seemed like a turn-off in the videos I've watched.  I find loose feeling gameplay more gratifying than not in these kinda games.  IDK, just makes me feel more like I'm actually doing a thing.

Sometimes I feel like I have some kinda gamer cortex in my brain that's rapidly decaying.  Yesterday I was telling my friend that "GTA V would probably seem more worthwhile for me if they just, like, put pieces of candy all around that huge map.  Then I could just run and jump around collecting them as some vague incentive to occupy and appreciate all the little nooks and crannies of this world..."  I mean, Crackdown was kind of like that, but its map didn't feel very polished and the super jump thing ruined some of the "exploration."

Or maybe I just don't like games as much anymore :/

Also, I don't actually have GTA V; I'm waiting to see if there'll be a PC port.

Sep 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #18,817 of 21,761
I should flog myself for not updating (read: actually writing one) my resume earlier, and not on the night before a huge career fair that most probably have resume drop points for a few companies. But nooooooooooope. I chose to procrastinate and now I have to burn the midnight oil and make a most probably passable at hopeful best of a resume. And even possibly without a character reference too, which is the biggest blow against myself that I can think of...

Sep 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #18,818 of 21,761
  Did you guys see this?
eek.gif
Supposedly this is the upcoming HiFiMAN HM-700 DAP:

On a side note, I may possibly meet Dr. Bian next week. If you guys have questions for him, PM me and I'll try to squeeze them in.​

WHAT the flying heck? That's nifty looking... to bad I just got a Hm 801 q.q

and interesting story about the 801 pb1 combo I"m running [SE with modded w1000x]... it first of all buried my mStage n oDac [shocked :O and happy] it ALSO kicks' the AGD in the BUTT with SE vs SE :O the AGD SE lacks SOUND stage and imaging :O what! Some how the Hm 801 and pb1 have a better SE combo output than the AGD 10ES2 [of the balanced AGD out is epic]

I found that interesting, really makes me want to balance my w1000x though q.q 

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #18,821 of 21,761
All the people (i've heard from) are happy with gta V. Then there's muppet who's frustrated with it haha. 

shes been hit my the desire sensor... it has smelled her anticipation n proceed to murphy that game up for her

Sep 28, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #18,822 of 21,761
I bought myself a present and it arrived today right on time for my birthday. The baby T1 is back in my collection, DT1350 is in the house!!!! I so missed this little can I should have never sold it.

1380771_300886133386982_273167041_n.jpg

Thanks for the birthday well wishes guys

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #18,825 of 21,761

Does it sound anything like your old one? >_>

Yes and no. When I sold my old one my setup wasn't anywhere as good as it is now. The setup back then was my Leckerton amps/ the RX MKII and my iPod or laptop as DAC. Three quarters of the time when at home I would just use the DAC from my Leckerton UHA-6. The Beyer's have really scaled up due to me now using the CLAS-db (more natural sounding sig overall) and the RX MKIII-B/iCAN (far better separation,dynamics, control and clarity). Right now I'm pretty happy with how they're sounding. So far I'd have to say the iCAN seems to be slightly edging out the RX MKIII-B amp. Mind you I haven't tried the RX MKIII-B in balanced mode yet so we'll see how that works out. Oh, the Beyer also sounds pretty good with the DX50 although sound stage and a bit of clarity seems to take a hit when compared to the other gear mentioned. Even so it sounds by far better then out of my iPhone or iPod. Also, this DT1350 is the updated version. Recently Beyerdynamic updated the DT1350 cups and made them slightly bigger and added more padding to the headband. I'm glad to report getting a proper fit with the updated DT1350 is by far easier now and I'm getting a proper seal within 30 seconds once the music starts playing. Isolation seems a little better, comfort, about on par as I remember from before. This weekend when I have time I'll be comparing how it sounds from my iPod mated to my Leckerton vs the DX50 vs the Studio V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back