The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #30,466 of 35,332
I'm sure this has been mentioned here before, but if you're a student (i.e., you have a dot edu email address), you can get the monthly subscription for $10/month. $99/year is better of course but in case you prefer to pay monthly and have the student email account, you have that option as well.

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #30,467 of 35,332
BestBuy Tidal HiFi subscription now $95.99. I jumped on it last night at $99.99.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-yearly-subscription-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163
Missed out on that one :frowning2:
will wait for next discount...
Bestbuy still has the $99.99 deal (normally $119.99) for Hifi which would be 12 x 19.99 = $239.88 through Tidal!

TIDAL - HiFi Yearly Subscription [Digital]
Model:TIDAL HIFI DIG 1 YRSKU:6407163
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-yearly-subscription-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163

I'm not sure what their (Tidal or Bestbuy) angle is, but I'm pleased to report that Tidal will transfer playlists between accounts. It took me a while to get their automated Chat to recognize what I wanted, but finally it did:

Bestbuy handles the subscription. We have a new renewing subscription on Bestbuy Subscriptions - not on Tidal, but all Tidal account things are handled by Tidal.
"To move content between accounts, I will need some human assistance. I am going to gather two pieces of information right now so we can expedite this process.
Can you provide me the email address of your current account?
This will be an email address. You can find this information within My Collection -> My Settings. It will be listed atop the app.

I am creating the ticket right now. You will receive an email confirmation shortly. Once an agent replies to your inquiry, you'll be notified.
Happy listening!"

Please expect a response within 3 business days.
Hopefully I'll hear back "within 3 business days" :)

IDK why they can't just take the activation code and apply it to my current Tidal account. Seems like a lot of extra work to open a new account and close the old one - don't forget to do that - I don't need to be charged for 2 accounts "accidentally". :)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #30,468 of 35,332
Bestbuy still has the $99.99 deal (normally $119.99) for Hifi which would be 12 x 19.99 = $239.88 through Tidal!

I'm not sure what their (Tidal or Bestbuy) angle is, but I'm pleased to report that Bestbuy will transfer playlists between accounts. It took me a while to get their automated Chat to recognize what I wanted, but finally it did:
"To move content between accounts, I will need some human assistance. I am going to gather two pieces of information right now so we can expedite this process.
Can you provide me the email address of your current account?
This will be an email address. You can find this information within My Collection -> My Settings. It will be listed atop the app.

I am creating the ticket right now. You will receive an email confirmation shortly. Once an agent replies to your inquiry, you'll be notified.
Happy listening!"

Please expect a response within 3 business days.
Hopefully I'll hear back "within 3 business days" :)

IDK why they can't just take the activation code and apply it to my current Tidal account. Seems like a lot of extra work to open a new account and close the old one - don't forget to do that - I don't need to be charged for 2 accounts "accidentally". :)

Just to be clear, Best Buy customer service needs to transfer the contents and not Tidal's? Either way, thank you for sharing this info.

Jul 31, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #30,469 of 35,332
I'm sure this has been mentioned here before, but if you're a student (i.e., you have a dot edu email address), you can get the monthly subscription for $10/month. $99/year is better of course but in case you prefer to pay monthly and have the student email account, you have that option as well.
Beyerdynamic Amiron Home for $374 in Newegg w/ promo code 93XPN64

https://www.newegg.com/black-beyerdynamic-717525-earbud/p/N82E16826380026
I was looking for the Wireless model and found a sale outside of Newegg:

Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless Copper Bluetooth Headphones
MFR: 718602 | FC: 718602-BEYER
SPECIAL ENDS 08/02/20 Price:$849.00 You Save:$350.00 $499.00
https://www.focuscamera.com/beyerdynamic-amiron-wireless-copper-bluetooth-headphones.html

BTW, I just noticed the $374 newegg deal says: Sale Ends in 8 Hours

Update 8/2: Now the newegg listing says "Sale Ends in 5 Days (Thu)"

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #30,470 of 35,332
Just to be clear, Best Buy customer service needs to transfer the contents and not Tidal's? Either way, thank you for sharing this info.
I cleared that up in my previous post. That was Tidal's bot I was Chatting with.

Yeah it can be a bit confusing who does what with this deal. Bestbuy handles the subscription. We have a new renewing subscription on Bestbuy Subscriptions - not on Tidal, but all Tidal account things are handled by Tidal - at least so far.

That was Tidal Chat, I'll annotate my previous post. :)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #30,471 of 35,332
IDK why they can't just take the activation code and apply it to my current Tidal account. Seems like a lot of extra work to open a new account and close the old one
I didn't want to deal with a 2nd account, and there is no need to. This is what I did:
  1. I purchased a Best Buy $100/year Tidal HiFi subscription, but discovered that I couldn't apply it to my active Tidal account. The Best Buy subscription must be used with a new or inactive Tidal account.
  2. I canceled my existing $20/month subscription, but it remained active until my next monthly renewal date (I had to wait a couple of weeks).
  3. On the renewal date, Tidal sent me an email saying that my membership was now canceled.
  4. I used the Best Buy activation code with my (now canceled) Tidal account. It worked, and my favorites and playlists were unaffected.
  5. Tidal said they would send me a confirmation email. I never received it, but when I looked at my account it said it was now under the Best Buy subscription.
No interruption in service, and no need to transfer anything.

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #30,472 of 35,332
I didn't want to deal with a 2nd account, and there is no need to. This is what I did:
  1. I purchased a Best Buy $100/year Tidal HiFi subscription, but discovered that I couldn't apply it to my active Tidal account. The Best Buy subscription must be used with a new or inactive Tidal account.
  2. I canceled my existing $20/month subscription, but it remained active until my next monthly renewal date (I had to wait a couple of weeks).
  3. On the renewal date, Tidal sent me an email saying that my membership was now canceled.
  4. I used the Best Buy activation code with my (now canceled) Tidal account. It worked, and my favorites and playlists were unaffected.
  5. Tidal said they would send me a confirmation email. I never received it, but when I looked at my account it said it was now under the Best Buy subscription.
Awesome! Thank you, that's a great option - "Subscription was successfully stopped" - and I'll re-activate my old account with BestBuy's 1 year Hifi on 8/5 :)

Jul 31, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #30,473 of 35,332
I was looking for the Wireless model and found a sale outside of Newegg:

Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless Copper Bluetooth Headphones
MFR: 718602 | FC: 718602-BEYER
SPECIAL ENDS 08/02/20 Price:$849.00 You Save:$350.00 $499.00

Amazon also has them for $499 if you'd rather utilize the ease of Amazon and their easy returns system if any issues or you simply don't like them :p
https://www.amazon.com/beyerdynamic-Amiron-high-end-stereo-headphone/dp/B07VVC1KH3?th=1 listed as $549 but there's a $50 off coupon available there to make it $499 at checkout.

There are also a few "Amazon Warehouse" listings for $450 and under, which from my personal experience, the amazon warehouse listings that state "will come in original packaging", 80% of the time often turn out to be the box got scuffed up or damaged, but contents inside brand new (not customer returns), and are still covered under the same awesome amazon return policy, so can always return them for any reason or something was wrong with them.

This is exactly what I did too.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #30,474 of 35,332

I thought someone here said the new Best Buy subscription becomes active when they send you the activation email shortly after purchase. In other words, right now when you check your subscription on Best Buy's website, the "Next billing date" should be one year after the date you purchased the new subscription on Best Buy not one year after when you used the Best Buy activation code with your then-canceled Tidal account, correct?

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #30,475 of 35,332
I thought someone here said the new Best Buy subscription becomes active when they send you the activation email shortly after purchase. In other words, right now when you check your subscription on Best Buy's website, the "Next billing date" should be one year after the date you purchased the new subscription on Best Buy not one year after when you used the Best Buy activation code with your then-canceled Tidal account, correct?
The one-year Best Buy subscription begins once your purchase transaction goes through, and ends one year later. Whenever you actually use the activation code doesn't matter. Even if you never get around to using the activation code, the subscription still ends one year later.

When I purchased the $100 subscription, I didn't know that it couldn't be used with an active Tidal account. When you cancel a monthly plan, it stays active until your next monthly renewal date before it actually cancels. In my case that was a couple of weeks away, so effectively I lost 2 weeks of the one year subscription. That's only equivalent to a few dollars, not a big deal. But if you want to optimize it, first cancel your monthly subscription and wait until it actually ends before purchasing the Best Buy subscription.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #30,477 of 35,332
Aug 3, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #30,480 of 35,332
Does Shure KSE1200 go on sale at any point during the year at B&H? Haven't been able to find a deal anywhere any time.
as far as i was aware, Shure is like the Apple of the pro music world.. They never have sales. they don't need to, people/professionals/fans will buy them regardless as they built up their fanbase/rep. that or they are just stingy.. not even their amazon or other retailer listings have any breathing room and are exactly same price as buying direct from shure (just like Apple) :p

only time you may be tossed a bone is during maybe black friday for a tiny (i.e. 5%) not worth the wait discount or when a product is on clearance/discontinued and/or is superseded by a newer model.

as for the Shure KSE1200, they released back in 2018 at $1999.99 and today are still $1999.99, so yeah, price wont be budging anytime soon unless Shure decides to release a replacement model to take over that price point or discontinues it 10-20+ years from now... So if you want a price lower than that, the used/openbox market is your best shot.

Gotta remember that Shure isn’t the type of manufacturer that makes a product expensive for the sake of it. In fact, Shure isn’t a manufacturer that makes a lot of products, but the products that they do make, endure. If you’ve ever watched a musician perform live, or heard a radio host in the past 50 years, there’s a good chance you’ve been looking at a Shure SM58 or hearing a Shure SM7 microphone... That's why Shure can command a consistent high price tag and be worth every penny.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back