The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jul 29, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #30,451 of 35,332
Ugh, there's the usual game of Tidal requiring a new email address. I wonder how many million of gmail accounts have been created just to take advantage of Tidal trials. Their service isn't good enough, and their customer support is bad enough, that it's not worth actually subscribing to their service.
Tip for services needing new email address, just add a "+" then anything else at the end of your email, it will still come through and the service will interpret it as a different email. The "+" acts like an additional label/tag to your email address.

You can actually use this to see who spreads your email around for spam. For example, I'm using my.email+tidal@gmail.com when I signed up for Tidal. If tomorrow I start getting email to that address from random companies, I know it was Tidal that leaked it! Cool trick that is relatively unknown. BTW, I know for sure this works with gmail, but not other services.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #30,452 of 35,332
Ugh, there's the usual game of Tidal requiring a new email address. I wonder how many million of gmail accounts have been created just to take advantage of Tidal trials. Their service isn't good enough, and their customer support is bad enough, that it's not worth actually subscribing to their service.

just use your normal email with a +tidal eg. username+tidal@gmail.com or username+tidal2@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #30,453 of 35,332
i'd say the otherway.. it's excellent service, it's the only service other than qobuz that offers lossless flac streaming quality up to 24 bit 192khz, However the only issue is it's pricey af compared to other music streaming apps (even more expensive than movie/video streaming services) at $20 per month at normal price. So of course people are going to always seek out trials at only $3 or whatever other way to get it far cheaper than $20/mo..
As for me I tend to wait for and hop on the year long subscription deals for $100 or less.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #30,454 of 35,332
I have both Tidal and Qobuz. Got Tidal at the $100/yr and Qobuz at $150/yr, so combined it averages to $20.83/mo; the cost of either one on a month-to-month basis by itself. Overall I think Tidal is a much better service. I find more albums that are on Tidal, but not on Qobuz. The biggest thing for me though is the curation. Tidal creates 8 "My Mixes" for you based on your library and listening history, which has helped me find a lot of new songs/artists I like that I would have never found otherwise. I also find the playlists better suited to my taste for things like new music, top hits, etc. You can create a radio station based on a song or artist. You can set it to auto-play after your selection is finished and it curates more songs based on what you were listening to, etc.

Very rarely do I get to pick an album and just sit and enjoy (work plus a 2 year old keeping me busy!). So when I do listen I like to just pick a playlist or one of the My Mixes and let 'er rip and I find Tidal much more conducive to that style of listening. Long story short I think Tidal at $100/yr is a no-brainer for folks that want an experience like I described.

Jul 30, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #30,455 of 35,332
Jul 30, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #30,456 of 35,332
Jul 31, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #30,457 of 35,332
Jul 31, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #30,458 of 35,332
I have both Tidal and Qobuz. Got Tidal at the $100/yr and Qobuz at $150/yr, so combined it averages to $20.83/mo; the cost of either one on a month-to-month basis by itself. Overall I think Tidal is a much better service. I find more albums that are on Tidal, but not on Qobuz. The biggest thing for me though is the curation. Tidal creates 8 "My Mixes" for you based on your library and listening history, which has helped me find a lot of new songs/artists I like that I would have never found otherwise. I also find the playlists better suited to my taste for things like new music, top hits, etc. You can create a radio station based on a song or artist. You can set it to auto-play after your selection is finished and it curates more songs based on what you were listening to, etc.

Very rarely do I get to pick an album and just sit and enjoy (work plus a 2 year old keeping me busy!). So when I do listen I like to just pick a playlist or one of the My Mixes and let 'er rip and I find Tidal much more conducive to that style of listening. Long story short I think Tidal at $100/yr is a no-brainer for folks that want an experience like I described.

How did you get Tidal for $100 a year? I like both services, Tidal for selection, Qobuz for audio quality and high res without MQA, both have equally bad customer service. :frowning2:

Jul 31, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #30,459 of 35,332
How did you get Tidal for $100 a year? I like both services, Tidal for selection, Qobuz for audio quality and high res without MQA, both have equally bad customer service. :frowning2:
Best Buy. Post 30,405 for a link. It’s back up to $120 now though. Looks like this was the second time in the last couple of months it dropped to $100 because I got it back in June for the same price. I was previously doing month to month and had to make a new account to get the discounted price. Others have since pointed out you can let your month-to-month cancel then use the same account to use the yearly deal.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #30,460 of 35,332
Best Buy. Post 30,405 for a link. It’s back up to $120 now though. Looks like this was the second time in the last couple of months it dropped to $100 because I got it back in June for the same price. I was previously doing month to month and had to make a new account to get the discounted price. Others have since pointed out you can let your month-to-month cancel then use the same account to use the yearly deal.

Thanks. Even at $120, that’s still better than the normal price.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #30,462 of 35,332
To get the $100 price, you need to be signed in (or create a new account) at bestbuy.com.

To back this up, I just made an account and got the $100 deal yesterday! So, it's good...

Jul 31, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #30,463 of 35,332
Jul 31, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #30,465 of 35,332
The subscription begins immediately, once your purchase is complete and activation code is sent to you. Don't buy the subscription until you're ready to use it.

Great thanks, good to know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back