The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 25, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #26,566 of 35,333
Aug 26, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #26,567 of 35,333
Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #26,568 of 35,333
Aug 28, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #26,571 of 35,333
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #26,572 of 35,333
Yup.. I snagged a shanling m0 and ie80 today - sweet deal. There's another seller that has 1 last IE80 left[open box, asked him = pristine condition] for around $150 - 15% .. :) I can link if anyone wants.
Lots of fake sennheiser IEMs on the inter-webs. Careful.

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #26,573 of 35,333
Aug 29, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #26,575 of 35,333
Its been a while and no deals......
Here is a deal on an upgraded "classic" closed earphone
AKG K550 MKIII - Over Ear Closed Back Headphones Black
$100 free shipping from neweggflash
https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA62X7VN0173?icid=WP_5_08232018

Just a note that mine didn't ship, I sent a message to the AKG Store through Newegg, and just got word that they ran out of stock and said they won't be restocking it so they will be cancelling my order and refunding my money if I was charged. So everyone who ordered and hasn't gotten word about shipping might want to check on things.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:43 PM Post #26,576 of 35,333
Auvio silicone eartips at RadioShack for $1 (plus $1.50 shipping):
https://www.radioshack.com/products/auvio-silicone-replace-tips-large?

Other sizes available too. These are quickly becoming some of my favorite eartips, right after JVC Spiral Dots. But unlike those, these don't cost 20 bucks or ship from Japan. They do share many of the same sonic characteristics while being better for a slightly deeper insertion.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #26,577 of 35,333
Auvio silicone eartips at RadioShack for $1 (plus $1.50 shipping):
https://www.radioshack.com/products/auvio-silicone-replace-tips-large?

Other sizes available too. These are quickly becoming some of my favorite eartips, right after JVC Spiral Dots. But unlike those, these don't cost 20 bucks or ship from Japan. They do share many of the same sonic characteristics while being better for a slightly deeper insertion.

Do you happen to know the inner diameter of the bore? Can't seem to find the info, wondering whether it could fit my IEM's.

Aug 29, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #26,578 of 35,333
Do you happen to know the inner diameter of the bore? Can't seem to find the info, wondering whether it could fit my IEM's.

Just measured some. 4mm. The same as the JVC Spiral Dots, to whom they are sort of a kid brother. The Auvios don't have the beveled inner edge on the bore like the Dots do and they are slightly less stretchy, so they will fit everything that a Dot obviously fits and most things that a Dot can be stretched to fit.

Aug 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #26,579 of 35,333
Just measured some. 4mm. The same as the JVC Spiral Dots, to whom they are sort of a kid brother. The Auvios don't have the beveled inner edge on the bore like the Dots do and they are slightly less stretchy, so they will fit everything that a Dot obviously fits and most things that a Dot can be stretched to fit.

I concur. I have dozens of these. Enough to last long after they finally sell out.

You can save even more by searching for the 20% off coupon code. And then use the free shipping minimum on top of that. Sure, you have to buy a bunch of them, but they are worth every penny (and cheap compared to Spiral Dots as you mentioned). I’ve gone in with friends and even other HeadFi members on orders, so we all benefit from the free shipping minimums.

They are my favorite wide bore tip.

Also, the 2 pairs for $1 deal has been sold out in the Medium size forever. If you need Mediums, your only other option is the SML packs for $1.50 each. I’m those cases, I’ve been able to recoup the extra costs by selling or gifting the sizes I don’t use (so S and L in my case).

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #26,580 of 35,333
I concur. I have dozens of these. Enough to last long after they finally sell out.

You can save even more by searching for the 20% off coupon code. And then use the free shipping minimum on top of that. Sure, you have to buy a bunch of them, but they are worth every penny (and cheap compared to Spiral Dots as you mentioned). I’ve gone in with friends and even other HeadFi members on orders, so we all benefit from the free shipping minimums.

They are my favorite wide bore tip.

Also, the 2 pairs for $1 deal has been sold out in the Medium size forever. If you need Mediums, your only other option is the SML packs for $1.50 each. I’m those cases, I’ve been able to recoup the extra costs by selling or gifting the sizes I don’t use (so S and L in my case).

50 cents a pair, and you're talking about adding a coupon? I doff my cap to you, sir. You truly belong on this thread. :clap::relaxed:

Also good advice: Many people, myself included, find that going up a size with Auvios is a good idea. They run a bit small it seems.

EDIT: Amazon has the mediums for about $10:
https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Silicone-Replacement-Tips-Medium/dp/B00N568Z80

Admittedly, that is not as enticing, but these are excellent tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back