The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 28, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #25,097 of 35,346
Thanks for posting this...mine just arrived. Think I am going to like these...just need to burn them in and then give them a good listen.
been burning them in while listening to them all day. Really like their sound. Definitely a great buy.

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #25,098 of 35,346
The Pioneer version of that DAP (with an almost identical feature set) is on sale for $399.

https://amazon.com/Pioneer-Bluetooth-High-Resolution-Portable-XDP-300R-B/dp/B01N4NVMKR/

The Pioneer doesn't offer the Balanced out that the Onkyo DP-X1A does.
I own the Onkyo DP-X1A and can say that there is a night and day difference between the sound out of the balanced and the non-balanced. Unbalanced the Onkyo DP-X1A (and Pioneer should sound pretty much the same) is just an ok player. Make it balanced and the sound goes up a tier.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #25,099 of 35,346
The Pioneer doesn't offer the Balanced out that the Onkyo DP-X1A does.
I own the Onkyo DP-X1A and can say that there is a night and day difference between the sound out of the balanced and the non-balanced. Unbalanced the Onkyo DP-X1A (and Pioneer should sound pretty much the same) is just an ok player. Make it balanced and the sound goes up a tier.

The pioneer XDP-300r is the same as the Onkyo DP-X1, but without all the quality control issues the DP-X1 had. I don't think anyone found a huge difference between the DP-X1 and DP-X1a

So it has a balanced output. Great sounding unit.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #25,100 of 35,346
The pioneer XDP-300r is the same as the Onkyo DP-X1, but without all the quality control issues the DP-X1 had. I don't think anyone found a huge difference between the DP-X1 and DP-X1a

So it has a balanced output. Great sounding unit.
Yes, you are right.
I think Pioneer at first released a version of that player without the Balanced output. They should sound exactly the same, I stand corrected.
The DP-X1 (and the pioneer version) do not get as much hype here at Head-fi as they should. Fairly inexpensive (in DAP world pricing) with great sound and storage.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #25,102 of 35,346
been burning them in while listening to them all day. Really like their sound. Definitely a great buy.

Dang - now I feel like I should've gone for these instead of the jays a-jay Five. Oh well, I don't really listen to IEMs so I didn't think spending that much was worthwhile to me.

Double crud - I see visions has the Jay 5s on for <$30 CAD - I just bought mine for $35 USD, which works out to around $46 CAD. :frowning2: Oh well, not worth the cost and hassle of shipping back to Jays in Sweden. Serves me right for making an impulsive buy.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #25,103 of 35,346
Does anyone know where the best price is offered for Audio-Technica ATH-DSR7BT? I missed the best deal offered at BestBuy $130 and now it is $230.... I should have known the deal and bought it before it has ended. :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #25,104 of 35,346
Dang - now I feel like I should've gone for these instead of the jays a-jay Five. Oh well, I don't really listen to IEMs so I didn't think spending that much was worthwhile to me.

Double crud - I see visions has the Jay 5s on for <$30 CAD - I just bought mine for $35 USD, which works out to around $46 CAD. :frowning2: Oh well, not worth the cost and hassle of shipping back to Jays in Sweden. Serves me right for making an impulsive buy.
those are a nice sounding IEM too so don't feel bad :). Visions has become the reseller for some good quality gear over the past 2 years. You just have to be patient and not impulse buy from them unless on sale.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #25,105 of 35,346
Does anyone know where the best price is offered for Audio-Technica ATH-DSR7BT? I missed the best deal offered at BestBuy $130 and now it is $230.... I should have known the deal and bought it before it has ended. :frowning2:

I wanted this headphone too. If I've known the sale was going to end so soon, I would had bought it.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #25,106 of 35,346
Another Canada-only deal.
Perhaps it would be useful to note, which countries the deal is limited to?
It is really frustrating to see a great deal, get your hopes up, and then find out you just cannot get it.

I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, but it amuses me to no end seeing other people complaining about this issue. You guys have no idea how much cool s--t I'd own if it wasn't for the fact that people won't ship to Canada - we're your friends and we want your stuff!!

No doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the deals posted in this thread are US-centric. It's you guys living everywhere else that must be disappointed the most.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #25,107 of 35,346
those are a nice sounding IEM too so don't feel bad :). Visions has become the reseller for some good quality gear over the past 2 years. You just have to be patient and not impulse buy from them unless on sale.

Good - I was getting tired of hauling my full-sized cans on the plane and while travelling/on-the-go, and thought some IEMs might fit the bill. I've only used really cheap ones in the past and found them uncomfortable and poor sounding (MEE M6s), so looking forward to a better experience. they did come with comply tips which I hear can help a lot.

Since I moved to Ontario 15 years ago from Manitoba I hadn't really heard much about Visions. But over the past while I've seen some good deals from them on many things, including laptops. I'll definitely keep an eye out for deals from them around xmas time!

Nov 29, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #25,109 of 35,346
Exceptionally small single BA design with tremendous isolation. It's a bit anemic as far as bass is concerned but does great with classical music. Well detailed for the price when it came out, but might fall behind especially considering how much IEMs have improved over the last several years.

@littlebuddha Where are you seeing 135 for B400? Kinda interested in that one myself.

Sorry just saw this - they are having their BF sale (still ongoing until today) with the frosty on sale for 150 - (code: headfi for 10% off).

Nov 29, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #25,110 of 35,346

Users who are viewing this thread

Back