The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 23, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #24,841 of 35,359
Prices are still there and will be there for another 20 hours ! just choose amazon as a seller

How does the Sandisk Ultra 256GB compare to the Samsung microsd cards? I'll be putting this into a S8 smartphone to play music.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #24,843 of 35,359
How does the Sandisk Ultra 256GB compare to the Samsung microsd cards? I'll be putting this into a S8 smartphone to play music.

For the music it does not matter much

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #24,844 of 35,359
Any microSD card will be more than good enough for playing music. Some of the Samsung (and other SanDisk) cards will be better for uses that require high write speeds, such as video recording.

Any thoughts on reliability on SanDisk cards? I've had two go corrupt on me and was unable to recover my data.

I've switched over to Samsung cards and have gotten no such problem ever since. I'd like to hear other's experiences though.

Nov 23, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #24,846 of 35,359
Any thoughts on reliability on SanDisk cards?
Bear in mind that there are so many of these cards you will hear bad stories about every brand, and there is a large industry of counterfeits, so people will have a false impression of brands because they don't know the dud cards they have are fakes.

Some people hate Sandisk, I can't remember which forum but I saw some rant about their memory controllers being so bad. I have had a Sandisk fail, also failures with Kingston. My Transcend just seems to go on forever. Lexar no problems either.

Transcend do seem to have a strong rep for reliability, but they are usually more expensive than Sandisk. Transcend would be my first choice, Lexar second, but I would very happily get the Sandisk again at these deal prices, especially from a known supplier like Amazon.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #24,852 of 35,359
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back