The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Dec 1, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #22,741 of 35,330
Even with low prices the s$&@t adds up money wise and space wise. Not to mention the mental fatigue of having too much stuff. Sorry for the unproductive post.

I'm planning to put several HPs on ebay over the weekend to make room for recent acquisitions.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #22,742 of 35,330
For those who are looking at the A5Pro, I think it's a pretty solid deal at $80. I grabbed our pair from the rack this morning and I'm giving it some quick listening right now. Some might have issues with the firm headband and the smallish stock ear pads, but the sound should appeal to many. That said, on my head I don't think it's a headphone I'd be able to wear for an extended period of time. I've had to adjust it a handful of times in a 15 minute span. Since comfort is very subjective this won't be a problem for everyone. $80 seems like a very safe price point to try them out.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #22,743 of 35,330
For those who are looking at the A5Pro, I think it's a pretty solid deal at $80. I grabbed our pair from the rack this morning and I'm giving it some quick listening right now. Some might have issues with the firm headband and the smallish stock ear pads, but the sound should appeal to many. That said, on my head I don't think it's a headphone I'd be able to wear for an extended period of time. I've had to adjust it a handful of times in a 15 minute span. Since comfort is very subjective this won't be a problem for everyone. $80 seems like a very safe price point to try them out.

Does it look like bending the headband may alleviate the issue?

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #22,744 of 35,330
Does it look like bending the headband may alleviate the issue?

It's not an issue of clamping force, but the two pad lines on the headband are very firm. This could create pressure points or hot spots on top for some head shapes. If I flex the headband much at all the seal is broken and the sound changes pretty dramatically, so I don't think bending the headband would be recommended.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #22,745 of 35,330
It's not an issue of clamping force, but the two pad lines on the headband are very firm. This could create pressure points or hot spots on top for some head shapes. If I flex the headband much at all the seal is broken and the sound changes pretty dramatically, so I don't think bending the headband would be recommended.

Good to know - thanks for the information. I picked up a pair, but I'm pretty picky about fit. We'll see how it goes.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #22,746 of 35,330
Good to know - thanks for the information. I picked up a pair, but I'm pretty picky about fit. We'll see how it goes.

I picked up an A5 Pro (paid too much, apparently!) Just FYI, I haven't been able to find a source yet for the larger than stock ear pads. Those would probably help with comfort issues on/around the ear.

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #22,754 of 35,330
Still haven't bought anything, Yay me!!!
The above are making it difficult, though, specifically the Audioquest Nighthawks, the Philips DJ cans, and, to a lesser extent, the K550 (the last 2 are inexpensive enough to seem like not a big deal, but there is a PRINCIPLE here!!! In terms of just unadulterated audio lust, though, the Nighthawks are #1 of the list).
OK, stay tuned for upcoming episodes of, "DOES DOCTORJAZZ BREAK UNDER PRESSURE?"

I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
rolleyes.gif

you can you can you can!  however there is a cyber friday sale on the Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow.........it comes with stereo speakers and virtual surround sound........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back