The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 28, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #22,681 of 35,348
Nov 28, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #22,683 of 35,348
http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=E8ATHM50XBLACK

From TechBargains:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphone Bundle $129

Posted 4 hours ago by Alex Chung

BuyDig has the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones w/ Slappa Case + Fiio A1 Amp Bundle for a low $129.00  (price in cart after coupon)

Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "CYBERDEAL" (Exp Soon). Tax in NJ only.

Currently, Amazon has the headphones for $137 but without the Case or Amp
Over 3,300 reviews on Amazon with 4.7/5 (93%) rating
Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and reviewers
45mm large-aperture drivers
Circumaural design for excellent sound isolation
90¡ swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
Professional-grade earpad and headband material for durability and comfort
Includes M-Audio Headphone Amplifier + Slappa Hard Body Case
2-year warranty

Nov 28, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #22,684 of 35,348
Pioneer SP-FS52 Floorstanding Speakers (designed by the venerable Andrew Jones) are down to $89.99 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SP-FS52-Designed-standing-Loudspeaker/dp/B008NCD2S4

I have these for the front of my home 5.1 system and they are really excellent. Paired with a decent amp, they will scale pretty well, and aren't too terribly far off from my ELAC UB-5 bookshelf speakers with vinyl or red book quality stuff (the ELACs tend to impress a bit more with high res and DSD-quality files).

I have these speaker along with the center speaker and a Marantz NR1403 i have no problem with them watching tv but when i want to listen to music i have to really push the volume high, how can i make these speaker sound more musical. Should i get a different amp or screw it get a separate 2 channel system for music only.

Nov 28, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #22,685 of 35,348
somebody already mentioned here headphone.com's strange behavior, right?

yesterday I have ordered A5 on their website using amazon payments, after a while I received a notification that headphone.com has charged me, after a while I received an email from UPS with shipping notification, so all cool I thought soon I'll have new little amp, but suddenly got an email from UPS with ship cancellation notice and an email from amazon payments that my money has been refunded by headphone.com and no email and any explanation from headphone.com

bravo !

Yeah - it was the owner I had the issue with. Now I noticed he was checking me out on Linked In! Really creepy. He was mad at me that I was mad at how they treated me and he banned me for life. Yup - when I was able to prove the excuses he was telling me were untrue, he banned me as a customer.

I had the entire call on speaker and my visiting relatives heard the entire both sides of the call and were totally amazed how they treated me.

Nov 28, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #22,687 of 35,348
I have these speaker along with the center speaker and a Marantz NR1403 i have no problem with them watching tv but when i want to listen to music i have to really push the volume high, how can i make these speaker sound more musical. Should i get a different amp or screw it get a separate 2 channel system for music only.

OT - I would consider treating your surround sound and 2-ch music as different needs. You will almost always get better sound from a dedicated 2-ch amplifier & DAC than a combined system, unless you pay out the wazoo for a really elite piece of gear.

I don't want to derail the thread with off-topic content. You can feel free to PM me on the topic if you'd like to discuss further. Cheers! :)

Nov 28, 2016 at 9:08 PM Post #22,688 of 35,348
Nov 29, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #22,690 of 35,348
Yeah - it was the owner I had the issue with. Now I noticed he was checking me out on Linked In! Really creepy. He was mad at me that I was mad at how they treated me and he banned me for life. Yup - when I was able to prove the excuses he was telling me were untrue, he banned me as a customer.

I had the entire call on speaker and my visiting relatives heard the entire both sides of the call and were totally amazed how they treated me.

yeah have no idea how they do this these days and are still in the business !!!

in my case when I wrote to them asking why it has been canceled I received some strange reply that " ..We had this ready to ship out, but our system cancelled it at the last second ... "  System against humanity :wink:
thing is I made a payment with my amazon account, that I do use for ages and have placed lots of orders and never had any issue in the past ! so that is a very strange thing

anyway I am happy that they canceled as in the end I bought Teac HA-P90SD   

hmm i just ordered a hd800s with them yesterday. now i get to as far as the shipping notification. wonder if it will be cancelled next..

I hope it wont 

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #22,691 of 35,348
  Nice price, but probably do not have to rush if you cannot decide today.

I think I am willing to sacrifice some UI in favor of sound signature 

cheers !

Nov 29, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #22,694 of 35,348
So what's the loot everyone scored?

Ordered a spare q-Jay's cable, probably the best deal i found actually... only 25 for a pretty nice cable, made me wish they would make them for connectors other than their own threaded mmcx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back