The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 17, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #22,292 of 35,330
Sennheiser HD 429S Over-Ear Headphones Headset with Mic for Smartphone $29.99 free shipping

Apply Promo Code "KWTGCW"
https://www.vminnovations.com/Product_76693/index.html?code=KWTGCW

$4-5 cheaper than I see elsewhere when shipping factored in ....

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #22,294 of 35,330
Why no go better for the hd6xx? these will be available again soon at Massdrop I believe.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #22,295 of 35,330
Why no go better for the hd6xx? these will be available again soon at Massdrop I believe.

I dunno I never used massdrop in my life, there is no guarantee I will even get a HD6xx because its all a chance if you will be selected or not.
I don't know if they send invoices if they do then I will be screwed.

Its also not glossy like the HD 600

Massdrop is the absolutely worst seller I have ever seen. So I stick to Amazon

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #22,296 of 35,330
  I dunno I never used massdrop in my life, there is no guarantee I will even get a HD6xx because its all a chance if you will be selected or not.
I don't know if they send invoices if they do then I will be screwed.

Its also not glossy like the HD 600

Massdrop is the absolutely worst seller I have ever seen. So I stick to Amazon

Selected? If you join the drop then you 1) automatically pay with the payment info you entered when you joined, and 2) are guaranteed to get the item (as much as any other purchase online at least, before anyone decides to be overly pedantic)

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #22,297 of 35,330

Selected? If you join the drop then you 1) automatically pay with the payment info you entered when you joined, and 2) are guaranteed to get the item (as much as any other purchase online at least, before anyone decides to be overly pedantic)

I watched the video by JUDE for the HD6xx and he said the first drop is only limited to 5000 and he will be battling with the rest of us to try and get a HD 6xx

So I assumed it was like a lottery

So you are saying all I have to do is sign up for mass drop and pay the $200 upfront now, and they will ship it when it drops in future?

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #22,298 of 35,330

I watched the video by JUDE for the HD6xx and he said the first drop is only limited to 5000 and he will be battling with the rest of us to try and get a HD 6xx

So I assumed it was like a lottery

So you are saying all I have to do is sign up for mass drop and pay the $200 upfront now, and they will ship it when it drops in future?

Sorry, not exactly, you can only join a drop while it is active.

For the first drop, that meant that the first 5000 people who went to the site once it was available entered their payment information and received a confirmation email. Once the drop was done, they were all then charged $200. So yes, quantity is potentially limited, but you know whether you're in or not, it's not any sort of lottery.

Since the first drop is done, you'll only be able to get them the next time they're offered, and whenever that is you'll then need to join while the drop is still active (aka, before they sell out of all of them again, which took a couple hours last time).

Hope that helps!

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #22,299 of 35,330
As one that tried to join and didn't get one, I'd say the chances of succeeding next time are by no means 100%, and that's assuming there IS another drop, which is also not guaranteed. (for me, I'm just chalking it up as a money saver, had one before that I sold, but at $200 I was willing to get another. But, I have too many toys already, better off this way). (RARE MATURE MOMENT!!!) :wink:

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #22,300 of 35,330
ok thanks guys not gonna waste my time with massdrop.

Just gonna hope for a black friday sale on either the HD 600 or HD 650 from Amazon I buy on Amazon because you can click "Gift" and this ensures no invoice will be sent.

If customs in my country realize I paid $200 they will charge me $100 tax and I cannot have any part of that.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #22,303 of 35,330
Sorry I am a little slow on the uptake (62 and heavily medicated) but now that I know Mass Drop is doing the 650 for 200, to me it is a no brainer UNLESS you have had bad experiences with Mass Drop. I have not. I bought the AKG 7xx and AKG 553 with no problems.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #22,304 of 35,330
Noticed that Sonic Electronix has a "Black Friday" bundle for $550 free shipping with the Chord Mojo DAC and NVX XPT100 closed studio headphones. If the NVX headphone is good, the Mojo by itself is typically $550 (in the USA) and already class-leading performance at that price.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_125263_Chord-Mojo-Amp-DAC-NVX-XPT100-Studio-Headphones.html

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #22,305 of 35,330
Same here regarding Massdrop. I've had very good experiences with them. The only time I haven't was the HD6XX fiasco but I did get in. I'm sure they'll be better prepared the next time around. Overall I've enjoyed purchasing from them, whether it was headphones, watches or electronics. There are some good deals to be found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back