The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 3, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #22,127 of 35,330
Yup--for those who want the 650 the only thing worth noting in the $200 shipped price (USA)--with enough buyers to activate it.

Yeah its nothing big in terms of it being a good deal for a HD650. I'll save my money for an HD800S instead lol

Seems to me that's a great price for a HD650-I paid $100 more, and it was a good deal at the time...

Nov 3, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #22,128 of 35,330
Seems to me that's a great price for a HD650-I paid $100 more, and it was a good deal at the time...

Yes, it is very good deal and like the midnight blue color. (I prefer black though). I also prefer shorter cable so HD6xx MD version might suit me better. If I did not purchase HD650 yesterday, I would be all over for this... It might be the biggest selling item that MD offered so far. Interest to see how fast it is sold out when it starts offering 8th Nov...

Nov 3, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #22,129 of 35,330
Yes, it is very good deal and like the midnight blue color. (I prefer black though). I also prefer shorter cable so HD6xx MD version might suit me better. If I did not purchase HD650 yesterday, I would be all over for this... It might be the biggest selling item that MD offered so far. Interest to see how fast it is sold out when it starts offering 8th Nov...

Yeah the consensus is that black, especially metallic black, would've been the way to go. That's why I believe there will be another version of these later.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #22,130 of 35,330

Yeah the consensus is that black, especially metallic black, would've been the way to go. That's why I believe there will be another version of these later.

There was a sale on blue paint. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #22,131 of 35,330
There was a sale on blue paint. 

Haha yeah. I'm guessing it's marketing... release better colour later so everyone will repurchase them.

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:17 AM Post #22,132 of 35,330

I don't think the built quality of HD6XX would be on par with the HD600/HD650. The K7XX and O2 are good examples. I would be very happy if Massdrop can prove me wrong because I think I would join this drop. Although I don't expect the HD6XX would be built as solid as HD650. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #22,133 of 35,330

I don't think the built quality of HD6XX would be on par with the HD600/HD650. The K7XX and O2 are good examples. I would be very happy if Massdrop can prove me wrong because I think I would join this drop. Although I don't expect the HD6XX would be built as solid as HD650. 

There are already a few review units out and they have mentioned build quality is the same except for cosmetics differences.

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #22,134 of 35,330

That's what I'm wondering too. I had the first run of TH-X00's and they definitely had some quality issues, but then they were technically a new design and not something that's already been around for 13 years.

I just bought the 650 the other week and I'm considering returning them within the 30 days return period for the 6XX, but I'm already not that impressed with the colour or cheaper packaging. But everyone is saying because these are made in Ireland they should be the same quality.

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #22,135 of 35,330

There are already a few review units out and they have mentioned build quality is the same except for cosmetics differences.

Those are the review units as you said, not the production units. You get what you paid for. Like I said, I would be very happy if Massdrop can prove me wrong this time. I plan to join the drop regardless (just like I bought the Massdrop O2 amp even though I already have the original JDS O2).

Nov 4, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #22,137 of 35,330

Those are the review units as you said, not the production units. You get what you paid for. Like I said, I would be very happy if Massdrop can prove me wrong this time. I plan to join the drop regardless (just like I bought the Massdrop O2 amp even though I already have the original JDS O2).

Quote:
  Made in Ireland could mean that they would have better quality control. We still don't know where they sourced the parts.

​The review units ARE the final production units...

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #22,139 of 35,330
It does seem to fall into the "too good to be true" category... The drop seems to say it is the same as the 650 (the 650 IS pretty much all plastic, BTW). Hmmmm....

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #22,140 of 35,330
Assuming 6XX is of cheaper build quality, could someone describe what kind of cheap quality build parts? Cheap plastic and all?

Wondering this too. Apparently the 650 is made from thermoplastic carbon fiber which is why they are so strong and last a long time. Wondering if these are just plastic like the 580 etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back