The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Sep 6, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #21,826 of 35,325
Klipsch is having an August clearance thru 8/31, offering huge discounts on speakers, headphones, Bluetooth speakers, etc.

http://www.klipsch.com/specials?utm_source=Shopatron+Email+Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Up+to+70%25+OFF+During+our+70th+Anniversary+Sale&utm_content=LAST+CHANCE!+Up+to+70%25+OFF+During+our+70th+Anniversary+Sale&utm_campaign=082916+Anniversary+Sale+Final+Reminder

I still haven't forgiven Klipsch for discontinuing the Custom 3's and not just fixing the fixing the cable. :)

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #21,833 of 35,325
The Sennheiser HD800 headphones are back in stock at FocusCamera for $899 which is about as cheap as I have seen them.

Sep 8, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #21,834 of 35,325
There are soome "dirt cheap close to no brainer" prices from a couple of sources on the Vivo XE800 IEM which is a modified Vsonic GR07 manufactured for them by Vsonic.  Vivo is a top 3 cellphone brand in China, and these were created to include with some of their phones. An interesting iem to try if you like the Vsonics.

Price now through several reliable Aliexpress vendors are $26.91 or  $23.00  shipped via slow boat from China. Note that you have to choose the color 1st before ordering (even though there is only 1 color).

If you are not familiar with them, they use the same biocellulose driver as the GR07 but have an aim-able design for an extremely comfortable and stable fit using either over or under ear cabling. (At least me and most of the people on this head-fi thread like them). 

The Vivo XE800 was last mentioned on this thread in 2015 by Netforce who listed them as their favorite sub $100 iem.

Penon Audio was the 1st importer and sells them for $100.

I got mine last week from eBay where several reliable sellers have them for $40 before I knew about Aliexpress options.

CAUTION: there are fakes around....but they are easy to avoid if you stick with established sellers or are not fooled by a $6 shipped price (that is what 1 ebayer is selling the fakes for).

After listing, I think they are most similar to the Ostrey KC06A's I own but more balanced, engaging and comfortable. They are a plastic build so may not be long term durable. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #21,835 of 35,325
  There are soome "dirt cheap close to no brainer" prices from a couple of sources on the Vivo XE800 IEM which is a modified Vsonic GR07 manufactured for them by Vsonic.  Vivo is a top 3 cellphone brand in China, and these were created to include with some of their phones. An interesting iem to try if you like the Vsonics.

Price now through several reliable Aliexpress vendors are $26.91 or  $23.00  shipped via slow boat from China. Note that you have to choose the color 1st before ordering (even though there is only 1 color).

The Vivo XE800 is even available for $18.00. Some members have confirmed these are real.
They are an absolute steal for that price. I do think they are a bit bright and bass light, so they might not be everyone's taste.

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #21,836 of 35,325
The Vivo XE800 is even available for $18.00. Some members have confirmed these are real.
They are an absolute steal for that price. I do think they are a bit bright and bass light, so they might not be everyone's taste.

I ordered them at 18 USD. Hakuzen and one or two others have confirmed that they are not fake. Can't wait to listen to mine next week.

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #21,837 of 35,325

Agree definitely not bass forward. The mid-range is gorgeous. Agree anything under $30 is a a steal. The quality IEM market is tiny, and actual manufacturing cost is minuscule compared to development/marketing costs. So, when a giant like Vivo buys in there are huge returns to scale.

The highs are lush/ never harsh with good amplification imho.. Note that you get just the phones and S/M/L tips.

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #21,839 of 35,325
Admittedly these 1st caught my eye purely based on fact they look like expensive custom IEM's but at $16.49 I'm tempted:

http://www.banggood.com/KZ-ZST-Hifi-Armature-Dynamic-Unit-Wired-Headphone-Earphone-Headset-with-Mic-p-1085902.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back