The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Aug 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #21,781 of 35,332
Buydig through ebay is again offering the Beyerdynamic T90 Chromes for $300 after raising the price to $400 for a couple of weeks.

As noted here earlier, these are not the Jubilee model, and you do not get a free Chesky CD.  I think these phones and hard case are identical but the model is T90 Chrome not Jubilee.

The mistake is still in their listing. I phoned buydig's help line about this last week and they promised to fix it and provided a $25 refund for the CD value.  I mention this because while I think the phones are really great and well worth $300, they continue to perpetuate the error in all of their listings for it (ebay, their own site, and Amazon). 

So, no CD, but YMMV on compensation for it if its worth your trouble to call them. 

Aug 29, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #21,782 of 35,332
Klipsch is having an August clearance thru 8/31, offering huge discounts on speakers, headphones, Bluetooth speakers, etc.

http://www.klipsch.com/specials?utm_source=Shopatron+Email+Marketing&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Up+to+70%25+OFF+During+our+70th+Anniversary+Sale&utm_content=LAST+CHANCE!+Up+to+70%25+OFF+During+our+70th+Anniversary+Sale&utm_campaign=082916+Anniversary+Sale+Final+Reminder

Aug 30, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #21,783 of 35,332
  Reminder that another phone cruelly stricken from the Wall (on ear sealed) the ES-FC300s are still on sale for $40 by Onkyo on Amazon.  In fact the same purple color Tyll called equal or better than $200-$250 phones,  as well as white are available. 

Very comfortable and musical phones. 

Sadly, the more low key & tasteful Iron Maiden Commemorative version runs a bit higher. 

Yes. These are an amazing deal. I still have them and took them out of storage recently. They are still amazing and I wonder why I put them aside. I paid $99 on a special deal years back. For $40 these are a crazy good sounding headphone.

Just got these today. Holy crap, you guys were right. Pretty balanced, musical sounding headphones with a surprisingly good soundstage for being on-ear sealed.

These are an absolute steal for $40! I might pick up a few for gifts.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #21,785 of 35,332
Koss is having another deal.

25% off with the code CLOSER25

The usual headphones are not included in this offer: ESP950, Pro4s, BT540i, SP540, SP330, BT540i and BTS1.

Massdrop also has another deal with the most of the universal line-up from 64 Audio.. I don't know much about what the street prices are for 64 Audio Universals, but this time it seems to be very good (I could be wrong).

U2 ($399) - $249 +7.75 US shipping
U4 ($649) - $399 +7.75 US shipping
U4SE (?) - $449 +7.75 US shipping
U5 ($749) - $499 +7.75 US shipping
U6 ($899) - $599 +7.75 US shipping
U8 ($999) - $699 +7.75 US shipping
U10 ($1,399) - $799 +7.75 US shipping
U12 ($1,599) - $999 +7.75 US shipping

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #21,786 of 35,332
If you can afford the U12 go for it! They are TOTL and worth every cent. The U8 is excellent as well. Have both plus the 6 as a custom. Love all three for their resolution, detail and overall sound. Check out the 64audio forum for more info.

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #21,787 of 35,332
I wanted to report back on the Newegg Philips Fidelio F1 $39 deal that is still on, as it seems no one had tried them.

Mine arrived today.  

Quite a pretty phone, smaller than I thought.  These are definitely on the small/portable side of On/Ear/Closed, as compared to the similar deal on the Onkyos...which are nearly over ear. 

Quality looking construction, with realistic leatherish and metal. Mine smell bad (real leather or toxic vinyl smell I do not know) but it is dissipating.  Some of the reviews said they did not sit firmly...but on my somewhat large head they are quite stable and could be jogged in.  Comfortable for me, but the ears will probably get warm on extended use.  I can confirm the cable is standard 3.5mm at both ends and most 3.5mm cables should fit.  Fold up quite small and fit into the included cloth sack.

Sound...typical of most Philips...similar balance to the X2s I think...somewhat boosted lows, rich musical sound. Not as revealing by any means as the X2s...but a sweet listenable sound if you do not mind a bit of bass boost.  There will be too much bass for some.  Vocals are very nice.     

I think the Onkyo's sound considerably better...but these are much smaller and will not cause you the subway shame purple or white phones might.    I am pleased.  Once again...the Onkyos are significantly larger and but have superior sound.  These sound quite nice and look stylish/small. 

Aug 31, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #21,788 of 35,332
I wanted to report back on the Newegg Philips Fidelio F1 $39 deal that is still on, as it seems no one had tried them.

Mine arrived today.  

Quite a pretty phone, smaller than I thought.  These are definitely on the small/portable side of On/Ear/Closed, as compared to the similar deal on the Onkyos...which are nearly over ear. 

Quality looking construction, with realistic leatherish and metal. Mine smell bad (real leather or toxic vinyl smell I do not know) but it is dissipating.  Some of the reviews said they did not sit firmly...but on my somewhat large head they are quite stable and could be jogged in.  Comfortable for me, but the ears will probably get warm on extended use.  I can confirm the cable is standard 3.5mm at both ends and most 3.5mm cables should fit.  Fold up quite small and fit into the included cloth sack.

Sound...typical of most Philips...similar balance to the X2s I think...somewhat boosted lows, rich musical sound. Not as revealing by any means as the X2s...but a sweet listenable sound if you do not mind a bit of bass boost.  There will be too much bass for some.  Vocals are very nice.     

I think the Onkyo's sound considerably better...but these are much smaller and will not cause you the subway shame purple or white phones might.    I am pleased.  Once again...the Onkyos are significantly larger and but have superior sound.  These sound quite nice and look stylish/small. 

Thanks for sharing! Mine should be here tomorrow :)

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #21,789 of 35,332
Model transition periods are usually good times to pick up a deal.  This is such a period for at least a couple turntable system manufacturers.

If you want an excellent entry level audiophile turntable, the Rega RP1 Turntable w/ Rega Carbon Cartridge - Demo - is available from Audio Advisor for $309:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1RERP1

A new one can be had at $345.

Those looking for step up turntable system can score the Music Hall MMF-5.1 (white only) Turntable with the excellent Ortofon made pre-mounted Magic 3 MM phono cartridge from Music Direct directly or through Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Music-Hall-MMF-51WH-MMF-5-1-Turntable/dp/B00KSGFJSO

Need a quality phone pre-amp too?  The Musical Fidelity - V90-LPS MM/MC Phono Preamp  can be had for $169 from multiple Amazon third party authorized dealers, including at least a couple a Prime sellers:

https://www.amazon.com/Musical-Fidelity-V90-LPS-Phono-Preamp/dp/B00E5BY9SO

Sep 1, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #21,790 of 35,332
If you can afford the U12 go for it! They are TOTL and worth every cent. The U8 is excellent as well. Have both plus the 6 as a custom. Love all three for their resolution, detail and overall sound. Check out the 64audio forum for more info.

I believe the U12's are sold out. If the U10's are available they are a steal at $800.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #21,791 of 35,332
I believe the U12's are sold out. If the U10's are available they are a steal at $800.

If I didn't already have the Custom 6 and the U8's, I would jump on those U10's.

Sep 2, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #21,792 of 35,332
Amazon has all 3 colors of the Fidelio M1 MKII for ~$80 each.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V3A0LCS/

I just got mine, has a very similar sounding signature to the L2.  Compared to the original M1, the original M1 had a mid bass hump that kind muddied the sound.  The new version is definitely much more clear with a bit less bass, but a cleaner bass.  I definitely prefer the MKII version.

The black and black&orange are now $69. I've been really enjoying my MKIIs. I'm almost tempted to get a black&orange to replace my original M1 black&orange at this price.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V3A0LLE/

Sep 2, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #21,794 of 35,332

Can't find the thread with the sale (which is better for my wallet, granted) :)

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #21,795 of 35,332
Never mind, I found the drop. Didn't set any mention of anything bring sold out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back