The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 26, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #18,721 of 35,319
I'm leaning toward getting the Massdrop Fostex Th-x00, but I have no idea how to connect a chat cable to it and my X7. How do you connect headphones with permanent cables to the X7?

?
Chat cable?

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #18,722 of 35,319
PRO AUDIO STORE-will beat any internet BF deal +15% off next order
http://www.proaudiostar.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=HEADPHONE
Sure, Pioneer AKG, Seinheiser(carry 650), Audio Technica

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #18,725 of 35,319
How do you connect a chat cable to a headphone without a detachable cable?

you buy a microphone.
e.g. zalman clip on mic, antlion modmic, desktop microphone, etc.

Socks is correct but I will say this, I own a TH900 and I literally hate the zalman clip on, I am afraid to install a modmic that I have on my desk as it will probably destroy the paint on my $1000 headphones and desktop mics are horrible unless you play in a quiet room. Basically, unless you have a headphone where you can install a modmic with no issue or have a vmoda boompro compatible headphone, it is just awful trying to game properly with high end headphones. Multiple wires, amps/dacs, microphone woes, mic incompatibility with xbox one. Just a horrible experience. 

Nov 26, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #18,729 of 35,319
Socks is correct but I will say this, I own a TH900 and I literally hate the zalman clip on, I am afraid to install a modmic that I have on my desk as it will probably destroy the paint on my $1000 headphones and desktop mics are horrible unless you play in a quiet room. Basically, unless you have a headphone where you can install a modmic with no issue or have a vmoda boompro compatible headphone, it is just awful trying to game properly with high end headphones. Multiple wires, amps/dacs, microphone woes, mic incompatibility with xbox one. Just a horrible experience. 

I definitely wouldn't want to scuff up anything other than a >$50 headphone, since I'm prone to selling them.

I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the THX00 because of this. Its lack of a detachable cable is probably going to be a deal-breaker for me.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #18,730 of 35,319
I'm leaning toward getting the Massdrop Fostex Th-x00, but I have no idea how to connect a chat cable to it and my X7. How do you connect headphones with permanent cables to the X7?

Do you mean a Creative X7, or FiiO X7? Do you think this is the right place to ask about either product? Have you seen these lapel Mics?

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-3-5mm-Hands-Computer-Microphone/dp/B005DJOIHE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448593257&sr=8-5&keywords=neewer+microphone

(The Mics are a deal for three at a bundle price of $5.50. I've had mine for four years, only one developed a short. Best to use with a powered TRS port. Worked fine plugged into my Creative Omni 5.1, and PS4 controller when I put a TRRS>2x TRS y-splitter cable)

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #18,731 of 35,319
Do you mean a Creative X7, or FiiO X7? Do you think this is the right place to ask about either product? Have you seen these lapel Mics?

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-3-5mm-Hands-Computer-Microphone/dp/B005DJOIHE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1448593257&sr=8-5&keywords=neewer+microphone

(The Mics are a deal for three at a bundle price of $5.50. I've had mine for four years, only one developed a short. Best to use with a powered TRS port. Worked fine plugged into my Creative Omni 5.1, and PS4 controller when I put a TRRS>2x TRS y-splitter cable)
This will work fine except the annoyance factor will be at an all time high. You'll have cables running everywhere and now you'll have a mic clipped to you so if you go to move or get up and forget, say goodbye to some piece of equipment. Love high end headphones for gaming but literally hate the lack of convenience. I basically only use my shp9500's and boompro mic exclusively as it has the least hassle.

My future recommendations for anyone looking to game on PC/Xbox One/PS4 like I do daily to purchase a boompro compatible headphone such as the shp9500 or fidelio x2 as well as either a sound blaster x7 or G5 when available. Worst case is a modmic and headphone that will not be damaged by it but prepare for it to be an annoying mess of wires with one side of your headphone being heavier then the other and thus irritating.

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #18,732 of 35,319
PAIR of Spectra-12SUB - Active 12 Inch Studio Subwoofers for $445 - bump order to $499 and apply BLACK20 for 20% off.

http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/active-12-inch-studio-subwoofers/p/Spectra-12SUB-Pair

Nov 26, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #18,734 of 35,319
  ATH-M50xDG (Dark Green) Lightning Deal in the next 20 minutes.
The current price sold by Amazon is $145, so this might turn out a good deal for this colour.

Edit: Now live for Prime members for $119.99.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00SC80YFI/

Is the M50x good If i am the fan of HD600 sound type? I read people say its bass is somewhat too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back