The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jun 17, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #15,346 of 35,328
Question: Does buying used headphones from AWD,still give you manufacturer warranty or is that voided with buying used from AWD?

You get no warrant with ADW just there return policy.

Do products come with a warranty?
No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s return policy. If you would like additional protection, you can purchase a warranty from Square Trade to cover certain items.

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #15,347 of 35,328

No. Used products generally do not come with a manufacturer's warranty but all of our items are backed by Amazon’s return policy. If you would like additional protection, you can purchase a warranty from Square Trade to cover certain items.

Has anyone ever used Square Trade or similar services and had good results from actually using the service? I've always wondered this.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #15,348 of 35,328
Has anyone ever used Square Trade or similar services and had good results from actually using the service? I've always wondered this.

I use squaretrade to insure my iPhones and used it once when my wife dropped hers and the screen went blank. Contacted them over phone and they were quick to respond. Had me go to apple or ATT store to get it replaced and they reimbursed me the replacement cost minus the deductible when I sent them the receipt. They are easily reachable through phone or email.

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #15,351 of 35,328
Question: Does buying used headphones from AWD,still give you manufacturer warranty or is that voided with buying used from AWD?

I did a full write up at one point that got mod-deleted on this topic in the old deals thread, so I'm not going to rewrite the whole thing with information from each manufacturer. 

TLDR --- Some manufacturers will provide the full warranty, even though Amazon states they won't. So no guarantee, but sometimes. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #15,352 of 35,328
I did a full write up at one point that got mod-deleted on this topic in the old deals thread, so I'm not going to rewrite the whole thing with information from each manufacturer. 

TLDR --- Some manufacturers will provide the full warranty, even though Amazon states they won't. So no guarantee, but sometimes. 

So I should call the mnftr and ask then about it?

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #15,353 of 35,328

Here's hoping the 4th of July brings some good deals. I'm actually intrigued to see if there are any good deals on customs. Maybe this is the year. 

I'd expect more Father's Day deals for this kinda stuff... electronics and whatnot, ya know?

Jun 17, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #15,354 of 35,328

So I should call the mnftr and ask then about it?

Unfortunately, you won't get a straight answer anywhere from the manufacturer. The list I had I put together by searching through head-fi at individual experiences with individual manufacturers. From the top of my head almost everyone who needed to use the warranty had it honored.

I know that doesn't help much, and you're probably looking for a 100% answer, but it is in a gray area.

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #15,355 of 35,328

I'd expect more Father's Day deals for this kinda stuff... electronics and whatnot, ya know?

I thought the 25% off most things at livesoundwave is a great sale, especially for the gear that have strict MSRP pricing. Picked up a TH900 for $980 shipped. When massdrop opened the TH900 drop today at $1100 with $16 shipping in US, I posted about the deal at livesoundwave, and now their stock is backordered lol.

Haha you can get $650 off an Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #15,356 of 35,328
Unfortunately, you won't get a straight answer anywhere from the manufacturer. The list I had I put together by searching through head-fi at individual experiences with individual manufacturers. From the top of my head almost everyone who needed to use the warranty had it honored.

I know that doesn't help much, and you're probably looking for a 100% answer, but it is in a gray area.

Well, at least you gave me some hope lol

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #15,357 of 35,328

I always hope that the company logs the serial number from the original purchase but that's rarely the case. You can always go and check the companies site and warranty form, if they ask for a receipt then you're probably out of luck.

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #15,358 of 35,328
Jun 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #15,360 of 35,328
Pioneer SE-CX8 at Newegg for $49 with coupon - has MMCX detachable cables - almost worth it for a cable....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826621064&cm_re=se-cx8-_-26-621-064-_-Product

Users who are viewing this thread

Back