The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 21, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #12,766 of 35,319
Meantime, I'm sitting here alternating between listening to a Geek Out Special Edition and a CEntrance Hifi M8 LX...I need another amp/dac like I need an extra you-know-what!:wink:

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #12,767 of 35,319
It's not X-mas 364 days a year, folks...

biggrin.gif

HS

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #12,768 of 35,319
Heard from DrBlue a short while ago, he hadn't heard back, any other feedback is welcome, of course. As I said to him, this likely falls into the "if it sounds too good to be true, it likely is" category, but I'd love to be wrong.

Well it's interesting because it's in the description in two separate places.

At the bottom of the initial long description:
Also included is the AH-D7100 headphone, an incredible accessory in gorgeous mahogany. These over-ear headphones are professionally tuned by Denon’s studio acoustic engineers to be acoustically pure and feature 50 mm free edge nano fiber drivers to maximize sound quality and efficiency.

And then further down in the specs:
 Includes, Carrying Pouch, Maghony-Inlaid Headphones 

Of particular interest to me is the misspelling of Mahogany as "Maghony". This would indicate me that this was added on to the listing intentionally by someone physically typing it. The rest of the Product Details section seems to be an exact copy of the Denon specs, which is visible in several locations :
http://usa.denon.com/us/news/news/124
http://www.audiogurus.com/learn/headphones/denon-da-10-portable-headphone-amplifier/2583
http://www.the-ear.net/news/denon-dsd-headphone-dac

Also note that the deal has a few more days going on it, so you can probably afford to wait until Monday (when I expect they would reply) without purchasing. However on the other hand, you can always order it now and cancel it if it was found to be in error. If the item they actually sold was significantly different than what they were actually selling, they should happily deal with cancelling your order rather than dealing with a potential civil suit.

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #12,770 of 35,319
If any of you guys have been wanting some hdtracks for a while and finding the right time, store wide sale if you spend at least $50. Then use HDVIP50 code at checkout to take out 20%. Not sure if $50 min is before or after the code. Offer expires tomorrow midnight local time and code can only be used once per customer.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #12,774 of 35,319

a lull in the quest for the holy grail? a tranquil retreat for your wallets?

the deal on touchofmodern.com for the new Denon ampdac H10 for 314
instead of list 399 says that it includes Denon HD7100 mahogany over ear headphones.
as an "accessory"  these phones are on Amazon for 971$ so i doubt they
are thrown in as a freebee, maybe a picture of them, is?  i contacted touchofmodern.com
to ask about this claim on their website, but no response yet.  that would indeed
be the Deal of the Year.....

I went on their site and it clearly states it includes the D7100 as an accessory................it would seem they need to live up to the terms? 

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #12,775 of 35,319
I have yet to hear back from a touchofmodern, I sent them an email yesterday. I'm assuming they won't be in until Monday, I really don't even want the 7100 after reading reviews. But man I don't think I can pass on a deal like that.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #12,776 of 35,319
I have yet to hear back from a touchofmodern, I sent them an email yesterday. I'm assuming they won't be in until Monday, I really don't even want the 7100 after reading reviews. But man I don't think I can pass on a deal like that.

Although, I would think that reviewers are more critical of a $1,000 headphone than they would be if they got it for this deal price.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #12,777 of 35,319
If the 7100 fits the same as the 600 then people who have narrow heads will probably want to stay away from the potential 7100 deal. I couldn't get the 600 to seal without pressing the cups against the sides of my head. It wiggled around when wearing it normally and it sounded pretty dull until I forced the seal. Not worth the hassle for me.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #12,778 of 35,319
I got the D600 for $160 (thanks, deals thread!) and it wasn't bad at all for the price. I imagine the D7100 will be fine for this deal price.

Good thing I spent all my headphone money! I do hope some of you jump on this. Really curious!

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #12,780 of 35,319
https://www.touchofmodern.com/sales/project-solstice-by-garage1217/project-solstice-headphone-amplifier

Speaking of Touch of Modern, seem to be getting into the headphone accessory business. I know of "Garage" in a general way, anyone know about this tube amp?
Project Solstice Headphone Amplifier List $400, selling for $329.99.
Again, do I need this? Does that mean I'm not lusting?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back