The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Feb 2, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #12,152 of 35,330
I got the denon d600 at best buy for 199. They put them on clearance and won't be getting them back. They are still 359 on best buys website so your miles may vary, could be a store to store thing, not sure. Just a heads up.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #12,153 of 35,330
I got the denon d600 at best buy for 199. They put them on clearance and won't be getting them back. They are still 359 on best buys website so your miles may vary, could be a store to store thing, not sure. Just a heads up.

Got it on clearance from them like 9 months ago for $149.  Funny that they're still around and their clearance now is more expensive.  :-D

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #12,154 of 35,330
I hate you right now lol.

Good headphones though. My opinion is moot though since these are the first audiophile grade headphones I bought. I might have used the word moot in the wrong context. Oh well lol.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #12,156 of 35,330
I hate you right now lol.

Good headphones though. My opinion is moot though since these are the first audiophile grade headphones I bought. I might have used the word moot in the wrong context. Oh well lol.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't keep them for very long.  They were really fun, but not my cup of tea.  For the same price, I prefer something like the K7xx or Q701, but it's a very different sound so really depends on what you like.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #12,157 of 35,330

Ooooooh! Maybe there will be another round of flippers too! 

These aren't awful in the $150 or so range, if you want a headphone for gaming or movies. The bass on these is so intense though, kind of hard for any kind of "music" since the bass drowns out the other frequencies. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #12,158 of 35,330

If it makes you feel better, I didn't keep them for very long.  They were really fun, but not my cup of tea.  For the same price, I prefer something like the K7xx or Q701, but it's a very different sound so really depends on what you like.

Kinda wish they had more bass, to be honest. I rotate my music a lot and right now I've been listening to a lot of Dada Land / Tiesto

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #12,159 of 35,330
I think you correctly used moot.

I looked it up to confirm it after I posted :D

These aren't awful in the $150 or so range, if you want a headphone for gaming or movies. The bass on these is so intense though, kind of hard for any kind of "music" since the bass drowns out the other frequencies.

This is what I don't understand. Reading reviews of people saying that the bass is very heavy is what made me get them. That, and the price, plus I needed a paid of headphones for work (to bring the ones I have there now home for home days).

Mine don't have that booming bass. It's more defined to my ears, not as punchy, but more clear, than my HD428s are. The D600 seems to be flat to me. It's great for my rock music but the electronic music, not so much.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #12,160 of 35,330

Agree, the bass was pretty heavy.  Midbass too, IIRC.

Kinda wish they had more bass, to be honest. I rotate my music a lot and right now I've been listening to a lot of Dada Land / Tiesto

o.O  Yours might be broken.

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #12,162 of 35,330

Agree, the bass was pretty heavy.  Midbass too, IIRC.

o.O  Yours might be broken.

:frowning2: That would be terrible.

Red Hot Chili Peppers sound amazing on them. The bass is there, just not as heavy as I read it to be from reviews, including your posts.

Hmmmm

Is there any way I could test them with data logging as opposed to just listening to them?

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #12,163 of 35,330
Hey, guys. I got my KEF M200s today. $50 if I recall properly.

Wow, right off the bat these sound great. It's still early, but so far I'd say the sound quality is at a level with other IEMs I own costing up to $300-$400. I'm quite pleasantly surprised, as I knew nothing about these IEMs before I saw the deal here and didn't know quite what to expect.

The thing is, though, they are a PITA to adjust and fit. Quite a hassle.

Instead ear guides made from thin, round memory wire, they use a flat, wide memory wire. Like a stiff ribbon.

The problem with these flat wires is that you have to get them shaped to the 3D contour of your ears for it to work. That means instead of making the more-or-less 2D adjustments needed with round memory wire, you actually need to make multiples subtle bends and twists in the stiff ribbon to mimic the 3D surface contour of your ear, while trying to get the nozzle position and angle situated properly for a good seal. Believe me, it's not easy. Very frustrating, actually.

And then the nozzle itself is quite huge. These won't fit everyone, even with the smallest tips.

Lucky for me, I always end up using the largest tips in the set, and that was the case here. Still, I struggled to get a good seal as the stiff ribbon guides would invariably pull them out of alignment. After some struggling with the memory ribbon, I got them positioned well enough to have a good seal, and the IEMs sound really good.

Frustratingly, they sound even better if I push on them with light pressure further into my ears. So these tips are alright for me, but not perfect. Hopefully, comply makes something that fits these.

So more than worth the deal price for these, but it's a hassle to get them set up if you can at all. They actually sound great if you can get the other stuff to work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back