The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Jan 23, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #11,806 of 35,330
  The Woo Audio WA7 & WA7d just dropped on Massdrop. If it hits the lowest price, it will be a better deal than BF. It's an absolutely amazing amp from my experience with it. 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/woo-audio-wa7

This is a spectacular price.  Love my WA7...really do.  Dead black background, nice amount of power and the aesthetics are a real bonus.  It's built like a tank and does not run hot at all (not speaking to the tubed power supply as I don't own that but do understand the chasis runs warm/hot).  The DAC in the WA7 is good but not great.  The amp itself, which is all is use these days, is good value for money.

Potential buyers note that the price quoted is for the WA7 amp without the optical and without the tube power supply options $480 assuming no discount for increased volumes on them (dunno if they get discounted as they reach their target number of 40 units...prob do).  If you choose those two options, then it goes up.

HS

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #11,808 of 35,330

Shows $128... and is this a legit site? Never heard of it or shopped from them.

Edit: For some reason your link takes you to a non-sale priced page. You have to go through the Sony sale page and click on it..but still questioning how legit the site is, anyone?

Here's the site and also they show the Sony XBA-H3 for $199. Normally $250 on Amazon:
http://www.ncixus.com/promo/subpromosale.php?webid=1216

IMO, they are a pretty well known and reputed computer hardware seller, especially among DIY PC builders. I have bought parts from them 3 times in last 1.5 years without any issues. Pcpartpicker.com lists them as one of the major vendors.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #11,813 of 35,330
  Europe gets the best sports vehicles, period. I'm not a car guy in the slightest but per my understanding, Ford and Chevy have nothing on Ferrari, BMW, Audi, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

It's not about who makes them, it's about how many of them are available in the States.

Jan 23, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #11,814 of 35,330
In terms of sexy aesthetics, I tend to agree that the EU cars owns that category.  Performance wise, you cannot ignore Chevy and Ford, especially when price/performance comes into play. And lets not forget about the beasts from the land of the rising sun (Japan).

It's all the emissions/noise laws that chokes the hell out of the imports when they arrive in the states.

Jan 23, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #11,815 of 35,330

I've bought PC-related stuff from them, no question of fake/refurb goods. Delivery times might be spotty (based on what others I know have said). But overall, they seem pretty legit, competitors with newegg.com and the like.

I have bought headphones from NCIX - Sennheiser and Ultimate Ears - they are authorized dealers and are completely reputable.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #11,819 of 35,330
Are high-end cd players a thing of the past with the new CD ripping (free) tech like Exact Audio Copy? I mean it's a 16-bit/44khz reader.. The high price is on the onboard DAC and internal components?

Honest questions.

Single disc CD player

http://echohifi.com/details/8286/Classe_CDP.3

Retails for $1,395, this one is used for $325. Condition 8/10, dim display, but still readable.

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:31 PM Post #11,820 of 35,330
Are high-end cd players a thing of the past with the new CD ripping (free) tech like Exact Audio Copy? I mean it's a 16-bit/44khz reader.. The high price is on the onboard DAC and internal components?

Honest questions.

could be worth it if you have a large CD collection & are too lazy to rip everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back