The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!)
Nov 22, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #8,596 of 35,332
Nov 22, 2014 at 7:58 AM Post #8,598 of 35,332
Well my HD700's haven't even shipped yet, as far as I can tell, but the HD650's have arrived and they're on my head as I type this.  It's a very nice can and I can see why so many people love it.

But I don't think it's for me.  It just doesn't have the energy to really do well with EDM and metal, which is a big chunk of my listening.  For intimate jazz and for rock stuff, it's great.  It's also really forgiving on bad recordings, while having the abillity to resolve good recordings well.  But those trebles are a wasted opportunity.  Gimme the HD650 with some treble sparkle and these could be apex predators!

If it's energy and sparkle you seek, with the HD 700 you will get. I reckon you're gonna be pleased.

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #8,599 of 35,332
  My email does not have a code where you say it should be.  It goes straight from "Amount: $0.00" to "Additional Product Information: Free $25 voucher for HDtracks..."

Look for the one that states: Online Order - Confirmation.

The first email I received was titled Order Submitted...that one does not include the code.  The Confirmation does.

Hope that helps.

HS

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #8,600 of 35,332
  Yes to both questions.
And.....
Woo Audio just went live with their BF sale:
"NOW THROUGH DEC 1ST, 2014 ALL WOO AUDIO PRODUCTS 10% OFF + FREE CONUS SHIPPING"

Very tempting, I've been looking at the WA7 for a while...

The WA7 is the supa shizzle!  Love mine.  The amp is powerful and black....black.  No background noise whatsoever.  The DAC is good but not fantastic so I'm using a Beresford Caiman MKii which has been fun and not terribly expensive.  I really don't think you need the seperate power supply unit unless you're super into tube rolling.  The EH gold tips are a nice add but I wouldn't even mess with them at first ast the stock tubes I found to be GREAT.  Their dual headphone stand is also of exceptional quality.  BTW, I'm driving HD650's and AKG K702's (interestingly they're harder to drive than the 650's in my experience) and some easy to drive stuff like AT M50x's and the new Sony Z7's.

Good luck.

HS

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #8,601 of 35,332

can anyone help me understand the difference between WA7 and WA7d ?

Yes.  The WA7d...it buys you a second input which is optical (TOSLINK) as opposed to only USB.  I regret not purchasing the WA7d, but I've been enjoying the WA7...A LOT.  And it's an exceptionally well made item.  Weighs a ton, the footprint is relatively small and their customer service is EXCEPTIONAL...Mike is awesome.  Also, for what it's worth, it's manufactured in the U.S.A. which I find pretty darn cool these days.

I find the stock power supply (which is HUGE and separated from the WA7 by a nice chord so it's isolated..no noise).  

HS

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #8,602 of 35,332
If anyone spots some good laptop deals (looking for a 13" for my my youngest boy).  No Windows 8 garbage.  I'm thinking maybe a refurbed Mac but I'm flexible.  A touch screen model might be good too.  I get discount notices from Dell, Livingsocial, Tanga, stuff like that.  I'd like to spend under $500...he'll beat the heck out of it and the lighter the better.

Thanks and sorry if this isn't supposed to be here.

HS

Nov 22, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #8,603 of 35,332
Any deals on Sony mdr7520?

Nov 22, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #8,604 of 35,332
Yes to both questions.
And.....
Woo Audio just went live with their BF sale:
"NOW THROUGH DEC 1ST, 2014 ALL WOO AUDIO PRODUCTS 10% OFF + FREE CONUS SHIPPING"

Very tempting, I've been looking at the WA7 for a while...

I have the WA7d +WA7tp combo. It's sounds amazing and looks oh so modern. I'd jump on this deal if I didn't already have it. I will be picking up a T-stand though. So thanks for the link. Repped.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #8,605 of 35,332

Aurvana IEM3 IS a good sounding IEM. $60 is a good price.

But if you are shopping in this price range, also consider the TTPOD T1E and the Ostry K06a. IMO, these are better performers than the than the Aurvana IEM3.

I got the Aurvana IEM3 last Black Friday. At first I thought they were kind of "blah" but after listening for a while, they do have a nice, mid-centric, musical sound.

I've always felt, however, that while nice and very listenable, they are on the inoffensive and non-descript side of the spectrum.

I feel that the TTPOD T1E and Ostry K06a get you more deeply involved in the music, are much better values, and are pretty awesome performers regardless of price.

Just my opinion, but thought you guys should know about these other options.

Interesting.....so you're saying that if all 3 were about the same price, the Aurvina would be last in your opinion? Do you prefer one of the other two over the other?
I was under the impression that the Aurvina 3 rivaled the high priced iems. I guess I was wrong. I was looking for an iem that could. Would the TTPOD T 1E, or Ostry K06a be that good? If not, maybe I should go with something like the Fidue A83.........I already have several iems that are moderately good (~$150 and down). Now I want to upgrade, but, at a good deal........I fear that the TTPOd and Ostry would not be a upgrade.....only more of the same.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #8,606 of 35,332

Well my HD700's haven't even shipped yet, as far as I can tell, but the HD650's have arrived and they're on my head as I type this.  It's a very nice can and I can see why so many people love it.

But I don't think it's for me.  It just doesn't have the energy to really do well with EDM and metal, which is a big chunk of my listening.  For intimate jazz and for rock stuff, it's great.  It's also really forgiving on bad recordings, while having the abillity to resolve good recordings well.  But those trebles are a wasted opportunity.  Gimme the HD650 with some treble sparkle and these could be apex predators!

It's interesting.  But man, my HE-4 blows it out of the water for the majority of my listening.  

Based on the above quote and some of the other stuff I've read, I think the HD700 will be a bit more up my alley.  Can't wait to hear it.  I'm going to keep the HD650's for a few days at the very least and see if brain burn-in makes much of a difference.

Anyways, hopefully some of the folks considering all the Senn deals going on right now find some use out of this post.

Whew,thankfully I have the Amperiors for for all my HM and EDM needs, otherwise may not have pulled the trigger on the HD-650's.

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #8,607 of 35,332
Most of Senn's high end line of headphones are due for an update. I wouldn't be surpised if they're just clearing stock to debut new products. It's not just Senn's official store that's running the promotion, every Sennheiser dealer is running it. 

Or perhaps our friends in Greece have done their part to bring the euro down so we can enjoy cheaper European products?

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #8,608 of 35,332
  If anyone spots some good laptop deals (looking for a 13" for my my youngest boy).  No Windows 8 garbage.  I'm thinking maybe a refurbed Mac but I'm flexible.  A touch screen model might be good too.  I get discount notices from Dell, Livingsocial, Tanga, stuff like that.  I'd like to spend under $500...he'll beat the heck out of it and the lighter the better.

Thanks and sorry if this isn't supposed to be here.

HS

Refurb Macbook Airs start at $780ish from Apple.  Chromebooks are always on sale for around $200.  I'd start with an Air, though... 

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #8,609 of 35,332
PXC 450 on amazon for $ 199. Amazing price according to CCC. Dealer is IQ home.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PXC-450-Noise-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B000R2PC2M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416691593&sr=8-1&keywords=pxc

Its definitely "sennheiser gone crazy" week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back